Survivor: Cambodia- Second Chance - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2015, 05:05 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:02 PM
They flipped them around so fans wouldn't be confused that the second chance season wasn't airing until the spring. It makes more sense anyway as the "Season 32" contestants were never considered for Second Chances even though their season was filmed well before that poll ever happened. Better to have that batch of newbies lead off the next era...

Russell Hantz did not have help from producers. He revealed that his trick was that the cameramen weren't going to waste hours of the day filming you dig in the wrong spot, so whenever they would get bored and leave, he'd go look somewhere else. When the cameramen wouldn't leave the area, he knew the idol had to be nearby. It was genius, really.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:31 PM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Joe's Immunity was pretty fuckin' amazing! I was definitely concerned that Abi-normal might win. She came pretty close. Thank goodness for butt cramps. Joe is obviously gonna have to keep winning challenges.

The Witches pulled off a pretty good coup by getting Fish and Jeremy to vote out Wiggles. It was awesome that Jeremy was able to find another Idol.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:13 AM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It'll be interesting to see how Tasha, Joe, Kimmi and Keith take the flipping that the boys did in this last tribal council.

From the looks of it, Joe will probably win immunity by default next week as I imagine everyone will choose food over participating in the challenge after suffering through the rain for days on end. I'm starting to get the feeling that Joe is going to win every single immunity challenge which could very well make everyone's intense strategizing irrelevant. I know, it sounds absurd that he could win the next seven in a row or whatever, but I'm starting to get the feeling that he does.

The problem for Joe? He's going to have to sit next to at least one person that has played an extremely strategic game on the most competitive season in the show's history...Joe's challenge finesse could merely be brushed away by jurors before he even gets a chance to speak. Survivor certainly isn't all about challenges, but damn, it would be hard not to give someone a million dollars if they won ten straight immunities.

Wigglesworth saying that the modern game isn't for her in that farewell clip...um, your refusal to stay in the alliance in your first season showed that this game was never, ever for you.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah its a catch 22 for Joe, likely his only way to the final TC is by winning every single individual immunity challenge, a feat that would be incredibly impressive, but as you said, could hurt him in other aspects of the game.

Jeremy being aligned with Fishhead may be in a good spot. If he keeps that partnership strong, plus his 2 idols has a good chance of getting to final 4, then if Joe has slipped up would be the strongest left physically for the final immunity challnge.

Fishbone's advantage is a pretty significant one. He can easily facilitate Joe's ouster (assuming that's who he still is targeting) any time Joe happens to lose an immunity challenge. If he holds that advantage to the final 4 somehow, he basically can dictate who gets into the final 3 on his own.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I think Tasha, Keith, and Kimmi are gonna have to realize that the game is no longer about alliances, but voting blocks instead. Joe already knows this and also realizes the only way he can continue is by winning challenges. He's great with the endurance stuff, but if something different comes along, he might lose.

Jeremy is utilizing Fish very well. Fish did the dirty work of going over to the Witches and gauging their interest in voting together and it worked. Wiggles is gone and she was someone that got along with everyone. I also think Jeremy could easily explain his choice of voting Wiggles to Tasha and Kimmi because he's pretty tight with them. Spencer is a free agent here. Right now he isn't as much of a target as Joe and Jeremy. And then there's Keith. Keith again would be the perfect player to bring to the end because he hasn't done much and wouldn't be regarded as a highly skilled player, but it does take skill to stay off people's radar so I'll give him props for that.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #141
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:02 PM
Wow 2 idols for Jeremy! He is definitely sittin pretty right now.
I really like Joe.. I want him to go far. He totally deserves it. He is a true survivor player.

Not sad to see Wiggles go. Not a fan of the witches.. they need to go too.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The Wigglesworth boot is rather easy to smooth over. "She was too close to Joe and that posed a risk for the rest of us" which is a rather valid point since they're all going to jump on Joe the second he doesn't have immunity around his neck which in turn is going to cause Joe to scramble for any numbers he can find. Thus, the witches + Wigglesworth + Joe could have turned the game on its head the second he didn't have the necklace.

We've seen this shift in the way the game is played before with people flipping from one side to the next (Cesternino pioneered that strategy, obviously), but the main reason we're now seeing it take over the game is because the modern player tends not to take the game as personally as players in the past. If this were season three or whatever, that flip the boys made last night would likely cost them the game as everyone else in their alliance would feel betrayed and immediately seek revenge. Now? People are over it. Jeremy doesn't mind Stephen doing his own scheming on the side, players like Tasha will get that the constant flipping is how the game is now played, etc.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #143
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:02 PM
So true about how differently the game is played now.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #144
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:02 PM
They are all great players! (with the exception of Abi-Normal!) It has been fun to watch....it is moving super fast and it seems to be different a small amount in the editing so we are somewhat surprised who gets voted out at tribal...which is much more enjoyable!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:47 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Just listened to Wiggles' interview that she did with EW. She hasn't even watched the show. They usually do the interview on Skype, but she's so low tech that she had to use one of those telephone thingies. She said that Abi-normal gave her attitude for her work ethic. You know, stuff like feeding the other members of the tribe. She also said she wasn't comfortable with Jeff bringing up her previous time on Survivor feeling like it put more of a target on her back.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, I was never too stoked about Wigglesworth coming back as a player given that she admitted to never having watched the show. She didn't even watch Borneo when it was airing, so I think the only Survivor she has actually seen is some footage that was part of a reward challenge she won some fifteen years ago...in a way, it's kind of pointless to have someone back that could really care less about the actual game, but her work ethic and iconic status on the show may have been enough on her own to actually win the season had she made it to the end.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

2 hours tonight.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
2 hours tonight.
Thanks! I usually start watching at 8:15 so I can skip past the commercials. I'll have to wait a little longer. I guess I'll keep myself entertained by watching the Knicks.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:12 AM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

That was wild.

Preview for next week looks like

a very large white male hand wearing the heart monitor thing, not too hard to figure out who needs medical attention.

(Don't read if you didn't see previews)
Old 11-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Great episode last night! Fishboy was practically the star of the show. Too bad he fucked up in the end with his voting advantage. Those shitheads all should have voted for Joe. Abi-normal is reverting to her insane ways, but they shouldn't have wasted votes on her.