Survivor: Cagayan - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:53 AM
In the season Yul won, the idol was a fairly new concept and he could play it after the votes were read (thankfully producers smartened up and realized how dumb that was) so he basically let everyone know he had it and if they voted for him he could play it and determine who was going home, so he was able to ride that all the way to the end.

Wasn't called a special idol back then.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #107
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:53 AM
JacKass! LOL!

Go Woo!!

and LJ...quietly staying the course...
Previews make it look like Tony is gonna loose it next week.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Looked like Tony was having a Russell moment in that preview where you get too involved in the game and lose perception which then leads to targeting random people at the wrong time. Getting Woo out now is a terrible idea given that there's idols out there...they should just make sure they wipe out Tasha/Spencer/Jeremiah before turning on each other. It's not like Woo is some sort of immunity god.

People Remaining That Can't Win: Jefra/Trish

People Remaining That Probably Can't Win: Jeremiah/Kass/Tasha

People Remaining That Have A Shot: LJ/Spencer/Tony/Woo

Spencer's win would require a lot of good timing with immunities and hidden idols. The other three guys are the frontrunners to win based on how things currently are...Trish seems the most likely finalist of all given how she rubs people the wrong way.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
It's not like Woo is some sort of immunity god.

But he is a stealth ninja!!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Tony struck way too early...now he has three people in his alliance that don't trust him and the opposing alliance possesses an idol and nearly has the numbers.

Best argument he can make is that even if he's in the Finals, there's still spots for two more people whereas working with Spencer/Tasha/Jeremiah is only going to get somebody fourth place. It's logically in the best interest of everyone in Tony's alliance to begrudgingly work with the guy.

I wouldn't be shocked if they drew rocks this season despite the fact that it happens so rarely. If Kass, for example, wins immunity and doesn't trust Tony at all, she might as well vote with Spencer/Jeremiah/Tasha as the odds would be in their favor and it would likely guarantee Kass at least a fourth place finish (not to mention the odds would be even more in their favor if Spencer played his idol).
Old 04-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well, Tony accomplished his goal of getting rid of LJ. Next week's show doesn't look good for Woo. Ouch.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Tony struck way too early....
Definitely, and by not letting Jefra and (Jac)Kass have any clue what he was plotting he basically alienated them. His only chance to win the game would be sitting final 3 with Trish the Nondish and probably (Jac)Kass, and even then he might lose to (Jac)Kass. I think he just cost himself any realistic shot at winning.
If he sticks with the 6 for 1 more vote, he then can probably convince Trish the Nondish that its the right time to target LJ, she could get (Jac)Kass on board and he's not seen by most of his alliance as subverting the alliance. He's cooked.

Interesting that nobody is thinking about looking for idols all of a sudden. Spencer has one, but knows the supermagicultramega idol is still hidden. Nobody else knows (for certain) that Spencer has the other idol, so everybody should still think there's an idol hidden, someone should be looking.

Funniest line of the night was Trish the Nondish saying "I may be gullible but I'm not stupid" a few minutes after losing the color tile challenge on the second tile.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #113
New Yorker

Tony has pretty much screwed himself IMO... his lies are going to catch up with him...still lying about the fact he is a cop??? why the hell is he still doing that? Did you catch Sarah's reaction to him saying he is a construction worker? Like she is not going to tell the rest of the jury the truth about him? He is a mess. I would imagine Spencer is going to be the smart one here and get some sort of support to oust Tony soon.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well, not like it matters, but Tony could actually be telling the truth about working in construction. I know lots of cops who often have second jobs or do side work in a trade of some sort. Be it carpentry, painting, landscaping, masonry, etc. Regardless, I'd say that Tony has as much of a chance of winning the game as Russell Hantz did.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:09 AM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm assuming the weaker idol will be continually reburied after its usage. Spencer or Tasha better find it. At this point though, they're the two people everyone wants to work with the least (as they're seen as the most likely winners), so they're going to have a hard time flipping anyone. I think the preview where Spencer was telling Tony that someone wanted him out won't matter because Tony can just play his super idol after the vote if somebody tries that...I imagine they all vote for Spencer if he doesn't have immunity and he goes home after Tony realizes it was BS.

It will be interesting to see if anybody has the balls to take him out, but Trish's talk about wanting to sit at the end with Woo/Tony was rather telling. I think they've got the numbers from here on out.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I think he just cost himself any realistic shot at winning.
I guess I'll have to recant this. Assuming he can get Spencer and Tasha out (whcich seems pretty do-able, one of them would have to basically Ozzy themselves into the final 3 at this point), he's the only one of the other 5 deserving of winning, regardless of his methodology. And now that he has the Yul memorial supermagicultramegasupreme idol, it's going to be difficult for his alliance to flip on him even if they want to, and it looks to me like he has 4 sheep with him who won't even make an attempt.
I don't like him, but have to give him credit, he's playing like a combination of Russell Hantz and Boston Rob in some aspects.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #117
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:53 PM
Okaaaay tell me the show is not rigged. Really Tony.. you're going to find the stupid special idol far from camp under some tree underneath the dirt. YEA RIGHT. I hate him! I'm rootin for Woo.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

The idol thing really looks rigged.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #119
New Yorker

I honestly was so annoyed with Tony "finding" that idol, I literally yelled at the TV. totally, annoyingly, rigged. ugh
I am totally rooting for Tasha at this point. and I know her days are probably numbered..
Old 04-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Shit, I think I'm actually starting to like Tony. I like Woo too, but, unfortunately, he's a coattail rider.

Pot/Kettle moment: Trish saying that Spencer was too skinny.