Survivor: Cagayan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, actually LJ not playing the idol is probably the smarter long term move. Had playing it assured him a numbers flip and control of the tribe for his alliance until the merge, then it makes sense to play it. If not, and there is a possibility that he can survive and hold it, then you hold it. Plus as you said he may have gotten an assurance from Tony that they just didn't show us as that would have taken suspense put of the vote for viewers.

Looks like Lindsay and Woooooooooooooooooo are on the outs now.

Can't really root for LJ
any player that thinks he has a chance of going home and does not play an idol is just plain stupid,
Any player that thinks they are likely safe and doesn't play an idol is stupid.

So what you're saying is as soon as a player finds an idol, in your opinion they have to play it the next tribal regardless.

^yep. I'm surprised he didnt play it, but now it bought him 3 extra days.

Trish is annoying she needs to go. Morgan is my local... she's ok but I'm not really rooting for her.

Fine by me. It never should have been on Sundays to begin with, but CBS didn't want to cut into their higher rated programming (CSI aired after Survivor back in the day). I can't tell you how many times I had friends who had watched an entire season and then missed the finale because they forgot it was on Sunday...so they sat through 13 hours of programming, and then were like, "So, who won?"

Trish is irritating, but characters are characters. She flipped over her entire tribe because of some cougar flirting. Can't argue with that for my entertainment. :up:

Brawn had this game in the bag if they had just stuck together. They likely would have all made the merge and had a 6 person voting bloc...game over. Now, anything can happen although it looks to me like the beauty tribe is still pretty screwed. They're gunning for each other on the other tribe and LJ/Jefra could become targets if Brawn manages to come together again. My guess is that the other tribe loses the rest of the challenges since they're clearly weaker...Brains + Sarah + Morgan boot out the beauty duo of Alexis/Jeremiah before the merge along with Morgan if the merge is at 11. Merge will have a good scramble, but then it will become obvious who has the numbers and who has the connections/worst chances of winning to stick together through the end. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if the Brains managed to all be sitting at the end together...other likely winners seem like Tony/Sarah from the edit.

They really need to ditch the Final Three. It's fucking this show up. The three people with the worst chances of winning vote together at the Final Six and effectively "win" the game. Redemption Island, Caramoan and Blood vs. Water all worked this way. Final Two leads to far more jockeying for position and no guarantees that you'll make the end. In those seasons I mentioned, those three people literally were the finalists by the Final Six (if not earlier since the fourth-least-likely-person to win should be voting with them at Final Seven, for example). Not every season ends up with it being clear to the players who the least likable people are in terms of getting the jury vote, but a lot of times it's blatantly obvious and leads to a very annoying endgame that anybody can predict.

Just the first three seasons, Borneo on Wednesdays and Australian Outback/Africa on Thursdays. That's it. By the time Africa aired, the show had lost nearly ten million viewers and was no longer the #1 program on television, hence more reason than ever for Survivor to pre-empt the lower rated Sunday slot rather than CSI which was becoming CBS' #1 show. Survivor: Africa ended up having a late start and finishing early the next year, so they kept the finale in the regular timeslot since it wasn't going to be airing against much competition or pushing out higher rated CBS shows. By Marquesas, CSI was #1, I believe, and from there they've done Sunday finales ever since. It was also the first (and only) finale I missed and didn't see until years later since we had one television and my dad insisted on watching the X-Files final episode.

I think Survivor now is higher rated than the rest of the Wednesday night lineup in the key demo, hence why they can air it in that slot. Of course, all they ever had to do in the past was simply program the Survivor finale to air a week after the rest of the Wednesday/Thursday line-up has its season finales...then they could have aired the three hour thing in place of what would normally be reruns and with no real competition...but whatever.

They might have aired the finales on every regularly scheduled night instead of Sundays if it wasn't for CSI. Survivor was still one of CBS's biggest shows (and still is now), but there was no way they were going to give it a whole night when people would be expecting a CSI episode at 9 PM. I guess we can blame America's poor taste for the Sunday finales.

They totally made the right move. Alexis had the closest ties on the other side thanks to Jefra/LJ and Jeremiah's better to have around at the merge since he's a huge target. I was glad to see Alexis's dreams crushed. Rarely has someone so idiotic walked around with such a cocky attitude for a few weeks on the show and there's nothing better than watching some pretty person that has everything in life handed to them knocked down a peg. Her crying was hilarious. :lol:

Preview for next week's merge shows that the Brains have probably done a thorough job in wooing Morgan/Jeremiah which is why Sarah was talking about her being the swing vote. I get the feeling that Tony will tell Sarah that the "Final Five" chants was all just an act. She has a much better shot at navigating her way to the finals with three other former Brawn members than she does with the people she's been on a tribe with for all of six days...at this point, I think Tony does pull off a masterminded game given the edit and ends up with his closest friends, Trish/Sarah in the finals. Trish would have no real case to make as she's a follower, emotional and inarticulate, but Sarah could end up making a strong case for herself post-merge depending on how she plays or earn a lot of votes due to sheer likability.

The other potential Final Three would be all Brains and that seems rather likely as well. Seems rather impossible that even a single Beauty member makes it to the end. They've played horribly and are now all willingly setting themselves up for 5th/6th place finishes on either side.

As the game stands now, there's no clear cut winner. Tony has been telling too many lies and eventually they will bite him in the face. I'm rooting for Woo.

What an idiot that chick was for quitting. I hate quitters. :mad:
So glad they got rid of Alexis. I still hate Tony. Woo is cool.

Yeah I think Tony has had some sound strategy, but has been too overt with his dealings and will certainly have pissed some folks off. Doubt he will ultimatley win. Trish comes across as a total :censored:. (One has to assume she was the one who wrote "For Shame Lindsie" in the sand, totally unnecessary and uncalled for and poor spelling) Somebody will definitely try and pull her with them to the end, cause she could be the first finalist to actually get less than zero jury votes if she got that far.

Personality wise I would have to be backing Spencer and Woo at this point. Some folks this season who will definitely resurface as "Villains" should they do another edition of Heroes vs Villains. A couple of real unlikeable types.

What an idiot that chick was for quitting. I hate quitters. :mad:
So glad they got rid of Alexis. I still hate Tony. Woo is cool.

I agree with all of this. :wink:

Lindsie's exit was the least dramatic forfeit I've ever seen. Naonka, Brandon and Colton would be highly unimpressed. :lol:

I guess a certain part of me will miss Alexis. :drool:

Tony definitely will be back as a Villan-type returnee and there's plenty of other potental All Stars lurking about in the current cast. Personally, I'd love for Season 30 to be another Heroes vs. Villains, made up entirely of people that weren't on the first edition. That would be boss. :up:

so how do you think that played out with Lindsay quitting?

Did she wah, wah, to the cameramen that she wanted to quit and they called Jeff in? Jeff hates quitters too! I am sure he was THRILLED to be drug out there in the dark to hear Lindsay whining about how mean Trish was to her. boo-hoo-hoo! dumb ass

I'm sure we only saw 5 minutes of her exit and it was probably brewing for a while. She's lame.

I know. We barely saw anything that would cause her to bail on the game. Jeff must be mellowing because he didn't attempt to persuade her to stay.

This is the best season in quite a while. Plenty of castaways to love or hate. Some to watch perform, and some just to look at.

There are also more people than usual strategizing and at least attempting to make moves instead of being led to slaughter.

Lindsay stinks on ice. You know you're awful when Probst doesn't even bother with the verbal shell game to get you to stay.

I was rooting for Cliff, but he's out. I like Tony now, as he seems to come from my old neighborhood, and he's taking the "Hantz" role. Woo seems like he could win this as he's likeable and is aware of the chess match.

It'll be interesting to see how the "top 5" chant gets spun next week.

Back
Top Bottom