Survivor: Blood vs. Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Totally rooting for Tyson. I am hoping he does not get blindsided next week. Usually who I am rooting for get booted..... :( I do like Caleb too, but the fact that he is Colton's significant other is bothersome.

Totally rooting for Tyson. I am hoping he does not get blindsided next week. Usually who I am rooting for get booted..... :( I do like Caleb too, but the fact that he is Colton's significant other is bothersome.

I share the same sentiments about both guys. However, a lot of people I've rooted for have won the game. A recent example would be Cockring. Right now, Tyson is the dude who I want to see win the game. He's reminding me of the way Boston Rob played the game when he finally won. It's funny because for a while I disliked Boston Rob, but in the season that he won, I finally came around to rooting for him. Same with Tyson. Thought he was an asshole in the past, but now I think he's pretty cool.

Tyson's chances of winning just went way down. He can beat Gervase since nobody is going to vote for the second-in-command that played the game worse in every single aspect, but Monica is racking up immunity wins while Ciera has been playing what might be the best game of the season (and obviously, Tyson can't beat Katie or Hayden given the makeup of the jury).

He also should have held onto the idol given everyone else's paranoia. He clearly wasn't the target. It would have broke the tie at the all-important Final Six tribal council where three people can usually secure their spots in the finals together. Of course, even if someone finds the idol next round (if it's Hayden or Katie) it can be easily flushed out by the other four by splitting the vote 2-2-2.

Been a wild and unpredictable season. I really thought Vytas' comment about coming back from Redemption Island was rather likely (especially since so many women are being sent there), but instead he got outwitted by two moms. :lol:

I think the godliest ending at this point would be Tyson vs. Laura vs. Ciera in the Final Three...or hell a final four with Monica in the mix as well. Who deserves to win? The person in control of the game (Tyson)? The social manipulator that pulled the wool over everyone's eyes (Ciera)? The two-time Redemption Island returnee (and might I say, fine ass milf) (Laura)? Or the person that's cleaned house in immunity challenges (Monica)?

I think cierra is on her way out. She's playing too many sides.

I think cierra is on her way out. She's playing too many sides.

But that shadiness could make her less of a jury threat than Hayden or Katie. I think she's committed enough to Tyson and Gervase that they can trust her and take her to the end, but their odds are much better against Monica who hasn't really excelled at the game outside of the physical challenges. In that final three, Tyson would likely clean house.

But Ciera really isn't playing too many sides. She stuck with Tyson just as she said she would, Haleb and Cayden tried to convince Tyson that she was the manipulator, but its not really what happened. Caydenleb tried to pull that move and she snuffed it.
Not sure why Tyson was so paranoid that he wasted his idol. I think the way he's acting will cost him the win should he get to the final 3. You could see the jury brothers not too happy with his smug attitude when talking about eating instead of competing. Until this week he was definitely the odds on favorite, but he made 2 massive blunders, wasting the idol and being overconfident and condescending both during the challenge with all his comments about how good the food was and at TC.

Frankly Monica might suddenly have a shot at this though she's nobody's true ally. She'll likely need to win her way into the final 3, but if she does she has a compelling argument I think.

Haylebden had the right idea going after Tyson, their execution was poor, tried to make the move too soon in terms of the day before the immunity challenge rather than after the challenge (gave Ciers plenty iof time to tell tyson and flip things back on them) and possibly one TC too soon. Also should have tried to aproach Monica and convinced her that Tyson and gervace would never take her to the final 3.

I hope Tyson did not blow it by playing his idol too soon. I agree....why was he so paranoid. It definitely is all about the editing on this show any more. They obviously feed Jeff the questions to ask at tribal to expose what people have been saying...I have to say, that really annoys me anymore when Jeff starts spilling secrets they have been planning with each other. Go Tyson!

Well thanks CBS for spoiling most of the drama within that episode. Whoever decides what to show on your commercials should be canned. However the twist where the 2 folks who are tied in votes not having to pull rocks was interesting.
Tyson finding the 2nd idol was far too convenient and easy similar to Russell Hantz' first time in the game. Show is definitely scripted.
I did get a kick out of the rustle/ruffle/Russell discussion.

Tyson is so obnoxious.

At first I was rooting for him but now he's just become irritating. STFU, nobody needs your arrogant commentary.

I miss Vytas.

Tyson is so obnoxious.

At first I was rooting for him but now he's just become irritating. STFU, nobody needs your arrogant commentary.

I miss Vytas.

Sure they need his commentary. He's the most entertaining personality on the show. Without him, this season would be boring as shit.

-I was thinking the same thing when Tyson corrected Hayden on the feathers being "rustled". :lol:

I also enjoyed Gervase writing down "Hay Done" and saying loud enough for all to hear "this is not Big Brother, this is Survivor...."

The interesting thing is that none of them when discussing Ciera being 4th or 3rd or whatever seemed to even realize that somebody else is coming back into the game (and soon), and based on what we've seen to date at Redemption Isle, its likely to be Laura. Ciera might have been better served just sticking with the plan and waiting till her Mom came back and trying to turn Monica for a big move at the end.

Great tribal.. a real good laugh. Tyson is arrogant, but he's playing a good game and he's entertaining in this lot of boring people.

Plus, Tyson has shown more emotion this season than previously. Shit, he cried again last night speaking about how he owed it to his girlfriend to win the game.

I agree with all the above comments. I hated Tyson previously...but for some reason, I love him this time. It surely has to do with how they are editing him. I totally agree with Hewson about Ciera blowing it by not just voting with Tyson this time...her Mom is certainly going to be the one back in. I loved it whenCiera said to Tyson to stop glaring at her...and he said, I am not glaring at you...then Haydon left his torch. hahaha.

On a more somber note.... I just read that Tina's son (Katie's brother) was killed in a car accident on Tuesday.... :(

Well thanks CBS for spoiling most of the drama within that episode. Whoever decides what to show on your commercials should be canned. However the twist where the 2 folks who are tied in votes not having to pull rocks was interesting.
Tyson finding the 2nd idol was far too convenient and easy similar to Russell Hantz' first time in the game. Show is definitely scripted.
I did get a kick out of the rustle/ruffle/Russell discussion.

The people tied in votes not having to draw rocks has been well known for years. It's why the rocket scientist flipped on Laura in Survivor: Samoa, he didn't want to draw rocks to save her rear end which would be automatically immune. In fact, I'd say that the automatic immunity for vote-getters is the main reason we've avoided ties all this time. It puts the onus on those forcing the tie rather than those that are already getting votes and have nothing to lose.

Of course, the other time they drew rocks was absolutely retarded. They drew them at Final Four which was fucking stupid since there would only be one person that should be drawing them under that scenario (luckily, it was that person that went home). Jeff Probst later acknowledged it was a mistake and we've obviously had a few Final Four firestarting tiebreakers since (Vanuatu, Palau, Panama, Cook Islands). Not as likely to happen anymore though given that the game usually ends with a Final Three now, so people just vote out whom they deem to be biggest threat.

It's definitely not scripted. The clue was just a total gimme for drama's sake as it explicitly mentioned that it's in a tree. It is kind of ridiculous that it was so high up as there's certain men and women on this show that in no way could pull themselves up on it the way Tyson did.

They really should have the Redemption Island returnee come back at Final Six. While they'd have to go another round to try and make it to the final tribal council, they'd actually be better off. If the Final Three is well known by that point, then it would likely lead to a 3-3 tie at the following tribal council. The way it works now, the Redemption Island returnee is only a threat by way of potentially winning the final two immunity challenges, since there's no chance they can get the numbers as it will be 3-2 at best at the first tribal after they return.

The people tied in votes not having to draw rocks has been well known for years. It's why the rocket scientist flipped on Laura in Survivor: Samoa, he didn't want to draw rocks to save her rear end which would be automatically immune. In fact, I'd say that the automatic immunity for vote-getters is the main reason we've avoided ties all this time. It puts the onus on those forcing the tie rather than those that are already getting votes and have nothing to lose.

I didn't recall that aspect of it.

So, what's the verdict? Seems like Tyson has this in the bag unless a bitter jury wants to reward Monica for her immunity wins. Only thing preventing a Tyson-Monica-Gervase Final Three is if the last hanger-on wins immunity. Otherwise, it looks like he has this on lock.

Gervase will surely get zero votes. If your argument is that you were buddies with someone that did every single aspect of the game better than you...

I honestly think we're looking at bitter beer face jury based on comments from folks after being ousted (see Caleb) and reactions thus far from the jury at TC.

I think if its Tyson/Gervase/Monica that Monica wins.

However I still expect Laura to monkeywrench the whole thing by getting back in the game and winning her way into the final 3, and taking the million.

I'd like to see Laura come back, then have Monica go with an all women alliance and vote Tyson out, then have Ciera win it all.

She is the only one that is playing a decent game.

Tyson's not playing a decent game?

Monica would stand no shot at winning against Laura and Ciera so I don't see her making that move. She may be able to beat Tyson and Gervase if we get a bitter jury (and we will).

Cieras talking too much shit now, I dont think she'll make it to the end. Tyson has to play the idol next tribal. He'll probably make it to f3.

I actually know Tyson quite well in real life. I went to high school with him and also hung out with him a bit in college.

He's exactly the same in real life as he is in the show. Arrogant and kind of an asshole at times, but also pretty fun to be around.

Back
Top Bottom