Survivor 38: Edge of Extinction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aurora went from obscurity to absurdity. Shit, Lauren could have been dying for all she knew during the Immunity challenge, but there she is trying to cut a deal with Pippy Longstocking to let her win. I just can't see Aurora being the sole Survivor.

Like I said, most of the cast is pretty unlikeable. One of the worst in a long time. Ream is the worst of the bunch, but Puppet Master Ron is up there too. Eric was a good choice to vote out. Now he gets to enjoy some of Ream's misery.

Knew something crazy was coming when they were at tribal 35 minutes into the episode.
That was wacky.

Yes, was thinking the same thing. I don't think they've ever gone to a commercial during TC. At least they voted out another unlikable person, but that isn't exactly a difficult task. I think Lauren is the only non-returning player I can tolerate.

I’m all for whoever comes back from Edge of Extinction. Unless it’s Reem.

I’m all for whoever comes back from Edge of Extinction. Unless it’s Reem.

At this point, I'm pretty much on this train as well.

Joe, Aubrey or Chris are the most likeable ones left.

Lauren's not too bad out of the folks still in the game. Muscles maybe 2nd out of that group. Not a fan of Rick but the move he initiated at last Tribal did provide a lot of entertainment.

Can't stand Julie's whining and crying. Not keen on Gavin's smug face. F Ron. Wardog annoys me endlessly. Aurora just sucks. Tired of Kelley. Pippi can stick around for a while as long as she romps about the island in her red Victoria's Secret (what other brand would someone named Victoria wear?) panties, but not win.

Oh yeah, Aubry, Joe, and I suppose, Chris are the people I'm rooting for at EoE. Wentworth, Muscles, and Lauren on the other side. Lauren could have seriously hurt herself during last week's Immunity Challenge. That shit was scary. She's a tough one.

That tribal council was some shit.

Fun to watch once, but I’m not sure if it’s good for the game to let them walk around and discuss.

The rule should be ass can’t leave seat. I’d prefer to see them try to communicate through body language.

This show seems to be focusing more and more on people talking and scheming. There's not much else happening. Everyone is so bland that I keep noticing new people that I didn't even know were there (I didn't even know Aurora or Ron existed a couple of weeks ago). Nobody stands out and I'm starting to not care.

So apparently there's a woman named Aurora on the show this season...who knew? Some person I'd never seen on camera before dropped her statue at the immunity challenge and Probst said "Aurora drops"...did she just wander onto the island and decide to join the tribe and nobody stopped her?

Yeah, I was like "Who the fuck is Aurora?".

I just went back and saw these posts. So it's not just me, then! :lol:

Nope, not just you.
And now that we've gotten to know Aurora and Ron a bit, easy to understand why they never appeared on camera the first half of the season, producers prefer viewers to stay awake.

Liking the two tribals in one episode, move this puppy along.

Anyone watch The Amazing Race after with former Survivor, Big Brother and Amazing Race contestants?
Rupert's sheer stupidity (which shouldn't shock anyone) should have made him and his wife first out if not for an older dude's complete lack of physical ability. Why is this guy on my TV yet again?

Aside from Ream, the other contestants who I dislike the most are Julie and Ron (the puppet master). With Wentworth and Muscles gone, that's it for the returnees. Wonder when the EoE people get another chance to return to the game.

So one thing about the Edge of Extinction concept I dislike immensely:

I have to see/listen to friggin' Reem every single week. Every week when she opens her trap, it reinforces that the decision to make her first out was the smartest decision in Survivor Reality TV history.
Get that woman off my TV.

Speaking of get off my TV...guess which tie dyed bonehead got sent packing from The Amazing Race.

Every time they have Reem talk, I loudly say, “Shut up Reem!” over whatever she’s saying. It’s a pretty satisfying solace.

Every time they have Reem talk, I loudly say, “Shut up Reem!” over whatever she’s saying. It’s a pretty satisfying solace.

Forget talk. Every time she appears on screen, I yell something. She is the drizzling shits. I wish she had quit with the others because she has zero chance of winning. I'm glad Wardog is gone. Another asshole out of the game. Excluding the returning players and Lauren, this is the worst cast of Survivor I've ever seen. I wish BigMac were here so he could witness my correct use of hyperbole. :wink:

Finally caught up. Man, this is a strange cast. It’s tough to really root for anyone.

It just struck me that this would be first season where the final jury would be made up of players all going through shit and playing up until the end, instead of drinking pina coladas at ponderosa. Could make for a fiery finale.

Finally caught up. Man, this is a strange cast. It’s tough to really root for anyone.

It just struck me that this would be first season where the final jury would be made up of players all going through shit and playing up until the end, instead of drinking pina coladas at ponderosa. Could make for a fiery finale.

Exactly! We're seeing a severely disgruntled jury because they don't have all of the creature comforts at Ponderosa. At this point, besides seeing a winner, I wanna see Ream completely lose her shit and have a total meltdown.

Exactly! We're seeing a severely disgruntled jury because they don't have all of the creature comforts at Ponderosa. At this point, besides seeing a winner, I wanna see Ream completely lose her shit and have a total meltdown.

Ha! I’m surprised she’s still sticking around. For what? She’s delusional if she thinks anyone is going to vote for her.

Liking Rick more and more as each week goes by. Loved the way he played things at TC knowing he had the idol as back up was able to out Ron's plan to fake him out in front of everyone and blow up Ron's game.

Liking Rick more and more as each week goes by. Loved the way he played things at TC knowing he had the idol as back up was able to out Ron's plan to fake him out in front of everyone and blow up Ron's game.

Yes, Rick kicked ass this week. Aurora and Ron were C U Next Tuesdays. Good lord, they looked like assholes. Sucked that they had audio problems with some segments of the show, but closed captioning helped.

Devens is turning into a Survivor legend all of a sudden.

Yes, he's the most interesting player right now, no doubt. Hopefully, somebody cool from EoE returns to the game like Aubry, Joe, Muscles, or Wentworth. :wink:

I can't stand Julie and I'm glad Rick didn't play his Idol for her, but it worked anyway.

I wonder how much hate mail they get about Ream. :lol:

Right when the last episode began, I said Devens is going to win the whole thing. I’m still for Chris to come back from Edge of Extinction and win it.

Of the remaining, though, I’d be fine with any but Julie.

I am to the point where I say, “Shut up Ream!” every time she’s on screen, even when she doesn’t say anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom