Survivor 36: Ghost Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I forgot the name of the girl. I think she was on the show twice no less. But she and her male cousin were uncomfortably close too. We made the comment of "kissing cousins". Well, Stoner and his sister took it to the next level. At least Stoner's sister was attractive. :lol:

It was Kat and her cousin/boyfriend appeared on One World.

Deliverance obviously has no idea what's going on in the game. They've been gunning for Kellyn for a while and couldn't care less about him. That move that Dom and Wendell pulled in front of him at camp with the fake Idol really fucked with his head. The smart move would be to target Angela next. I like Laurel, but she is a coattail rider.

I still think Stoner might sneak his way to the end, and could win it. I think he's likeable and hasn't pissed anyone off so he might get jury votes especially if its against Dom and Wendell, who may have played stronger games, but certainly will have folks not happy about how they ousted them.

Deliverance really is kind of a dolt. Can't be covert about anything.
And yes Lauren is basically this season's Becky.

Deep Slug needs to try and make a move, she's been just sitting in the background.

Stoner definitely could sneak in there. He reminds me of that Fabio guy who won. Except Fabio wasn't fucking his sister. I forgot we dubbed Angela Deep Slug. After she earned that title, she earned my respect. Dom and Wendell both have Idols, so I'd have to think they're a gimme for Final 4.

My prediction for Final 3 is Dom, Wendell, and Laurel. If they're smart, Laurel gets thrown under the bus for her coattail riding.

Deliverance should be the next one voted out.

Wendell and Domenick both played a great game. I thought Dom played a better game, but Wendell kicked ass at the challenges. Obviously, Dom's mistake was not facing Wendell head-to-head in the fire-making battle instead of Deep Slug (Angela) who had no chance. As soon as Jeff announced that he'd be reading the votes, you knew there'd be a tie. And then once there was a tie with Laurel getting the deciding vote, you knew Dom was fucked. Wendell played Laurel perfectly to win her loyalty. As viewers/fans of the show, all we can ask for is an exciting finish to the season and that was delivered.

It was Dom's game to lose had he not offended multiple jurors with the "I have two idols!" theatrics he did near the end. Totally cost him.

Very stupid that Jeff revealed what happens in a tie like a year ago on a Reunion show. Every viewer at home knew she would cast the deciding vote and for Wendell because they were way closer. We basically lost a surprise moment when Jeff decided to let loose a secret he had held for like ten years.

A terrible season that kept going downhill as it went. The cast was lame and the overuse of the twists got old exceedingly fast. Laurel was no help either as she kept sticking her neck out to save the boys, making her officially one of the worst players I have ever seen make the merge.

I will say though that if ever there was going to be a tie between two evenly matched players it was going to be between Dominic and Wendell. Either winning is a satisfying conclusion to the season, but neither really played a brilliant game or anything.

I agree. I'm not gonna cast any revisionist history on this season. While it wasn't the greatest, for me it wasn't the worst. And the main reason was Domenick. For the first time ever, a Survivor participant hailed from my hometown of Nesconset, NY. For that alone, I was excited. Plus, there's plenty of guys on Long Island who are just like Dom. Good or bad, he represented our region well. We're a prickly bunch. :wink: I thought he was entertaining as fuck. I also enjoyed Wendell and after the Loved Ones segment with his Dad, I was rooting for him even more. Like you, I knew Laurel wouldn't get any votes. And finally, I think Chelsea was this season's most attractive female. :wink:

I’m glad Wendell won. Dom was unbearably arrogant and Laurel seemed to make it to the end by pure chance and not by her own doing.

Lauren was Becky for sure, zero votes.

Thought Dom was going to win with the way the jurors were talking during final TC.
Thought Deliverance was voting for him (little liar said it twice during recent episodes) and thought Chelsea was as well.

But we finally got a tie.
And yeah once Laurel became the deciding vote, Dom was cooked.

I think Doom probably played a bit better, seemed to be more in charge, but definitely rubbed some folks the wrong way.

He'd have been stupid to give up immunity and go to fire against Wendell, he probably would have lost, Wendell made that fire fast. So he has to live with the decision, he'll get 100K and probably get to play again.

Not crazy about the current final tribal format, prefer when each juror gets to ask a question. A couple of them were non participants in the entire thing.

Overall, I really enjoyed this season. Granny Panties going home was the most satisfying point of the game.

Dom ran the game from jump street. Wendell was Robin to Dom’s Batman. Both played great. I thought Wendell was a lock going into TC because he didn’t piss many people off, but the jury threw me off by going after him more than Dom. I felt Dom deserved to win in the end, but since he didn’t, I’m glad it was Wendell.

Besides the decision to give Laurel the final vote, the biggest disappointment was The Bug being pissed at Dom because of “the way he threw him out”. What kind of shit is that? You tried to throw him out, he got wind of it and turned it around on you, duping you into your own demise. If that’s not a classic Survivor move I don’t know what is.

Yeah if anyone, Stoner should have been pissed at Deep Slug for telling Dom about the plan, not at Dom for devising a way to not only save his own ass, but preserve an idol for the next TC. It was a smart move by Dom, maybe could have been presented a little less cockily, as with some of his answers at final TC. Might have tipped the scales in his favor that one vote.

But clearly it should have been Dom or Wendell winning, nobody else had any real claim.

Now on to more important things:
How confusing will next season be if one of the contestants on the Goliath tribe is named David?

Stoner made himself look like a complete douchebag when he complained about how Dom fooled him. And, yes, he should have been more pissed at Deep Slug for ratting him out to Dom. I was impressed with Chris for admitting that although he and Dom were rivals and didn't get along, he respected how he played the game. Wendell was a deserving winner. He played the game well and he played people like Laurel well.

And finally, I think Chelsea was this season's most attractive female. :wink:

Chelsea clearly has one of the most attractive faces of any woman ever on the show. No doubt.

That Stephanie was quite the milf and one of the season's better characters though. Bet she'll end up playing again.

Back
Top Bottom