Survivor 35- Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Better to be safe than sorry. :wink:

Not in this case. If he had at all been their voting plan, people would have had no choice but to scramble. They weren't all going to vote for Joe and then let him dictate who goes home.

He set himself up to have the idol in the very next round and therefore make it at least two more rounds in the game. And instead, he tossed it away for no reason.

Oh I agree. But, something tells me Joe is gonna wind up with another Idol. I'm no fan of Joe's, but anything is possible in Survivor. Take Officer Waffle. She was horrible, yet somehow, she won. People can overcome mistakes or misplays and win the game.

I'll just add that Lauren looks like this season's sleeper.

Don't get why they don't take out Joe on the re-vote there.
And now the best eye candy is gone.

Yeah, after The Virgin was out, Desi was the best.

Lauren reminds me of that Lunch Lady from many seasons ago. Forgot her name. Denise?

Joe's gameplay seems the same as Survivor winner, Tony V's. Say or do whatever it takes to stay in the game.

Wonderful two-parter. I was hoping they would pretend to keep Ben out of the loop and that's exactly what they did. The modern players sure are savvy! :up:

Looks like Ben is the target from the next preview and it only makes sense. Dr. Mike would be the new fourth in the main alliance and I imagine that Ashley/Devin want to take him to the end instead of Lauren. I don't think either of them can beat Lauren or Ben, but Mike is a joke.

Yeah pretty good.
Fully enjoyed the way Joe's dismissal played out.
Will be interesting to see if Ben uses his idol properly.
We've seen the last 2 idols wasted (Ryan and Mike)

Three, counting Joe's. :doh:

Ben would have to use his idol in the next round if he doesn't win immunity. They pretty much have to get him out at that point or else it will start to get too close to comfort.

I think everyone is really going to want him out once he comes clean about pretending to be in the dark. Ryan and Christine will start lauding him for that and it will scare everyone else even more.

Dr. Mike's buddy going home last week probably solidified his place in the Final 3. The only way he goes out before then is via a rock draw at Final 6 next episode. Otherwise, he's a joke that everybody knows they can beat in the end.

Best chances to win for Mike, Chrissy and Ryan are with each other, so I bet they'll end up getting their way. Chrissy will want to break up the Devin/Ashley duo and getting rid of Ashley works best since Ben/Devin will want to take each other out at Final 5 since they'll be hedging their bets on that final immunity challenge (although, truth be told, Ashley is probably the biggest physical threat of those three).

Really looks like we're going to see Chrissy or Ryan take home a million bucks after bigging themselves up as great players and doing (mostly) everything to the contrary since the merge began. :doh:

Well that was certainly good use of an idol.
Mike looks like an idiot throwing the shell in the fire.
But Lauren made several dumb moves and it cost her.
1. When she found the first half of the idol she should have kept her mouth shut
2. Giving Mike the shell as some sign of trust with a guy who you have had zero previous alliance with.

She should have quietly grabbed the half idol and the shell, not let anyone know and could have played it once she realized she was one of the 2 being voted for. Would have been great to see all the votes wiped out and a subsequent revote where someone like Chrissy would probably have been ousted.

The order I want them to finish (in terms of personality) at this point:

1. Devon
2. Ashley
3. Ben
4. Ryan
5. Mike
6. Chrissy

Doubt it plays out anything close to that.

In retrospect, it was one of the dumbest moves ever for Chrissy/Ryan/Mike to vote for Ben instead of Lauren. If Ben had gone home, Lauren/Devon/Ashley have the game by the balls because of Lauren's extra vote. The simple math should have led them to want to keep Ben around a little longer.

Good episode this week! Lauren simply made too many bad decisions. Kinda funny that Ben's vote was the only one that "blindsided" her.

Wonder if Ashley will vote for Devon if he makes the final 3. :wink:

Yes, we'll see how good her friendship is with him. She got double screwed last night. No Reward and a Blindside.

I'm not a big fan of Ben's, but he sure has made the game a lot more interesting.

Oh I'm fully rooting for Ben now.
The last 2 tribals have been a lot of fun, all because of Ben.

Ashley snubbing Devon for his hug when she was exiting was pretty telling. She's pissed at him. She hugged Ben, and Ben gave her the opportunity to stay alive but it would only work if Dev went along as well. I'd say she no longer considers it a solid friendship.

Somehow I think Ryan Atlas is gonna sneak away with the million dollars.

The final three is surely Ryan, Chrissy and Dr. Mike...and Dr. Mike is so damn delusional that he actually thinks he's going to win. Devon will be in for a rude awakening by his dumb move flipping back to Ryan. Did he really think they were going to take him to end over Dr. Mike?

Only thing stopping Ryan or Chrissy being a million dollars richer is Devon or Ben winning that final immunity challenge. I think Chrissy has Ryan beat by a mile though. She had a much trickier deck of cards that she had to play in order to maneuver herself into power on her pre-merge tribes, was better at changing people's minds strategically and could actually put up a fight in challenges. What did Ryan really do?

Chrissy would by no-means be a great winner. She has a very arrogant attitude about her own gameplay even though it was rather lackluster for most of the merge and her reaction to Ben's idol play last round was absolutely childish when she didn't get her way. But she would ultimately be the best of the remaining lot unless Ben pulled off a miracle.

I think Chrissy's arrogance might lose her the million. Really don't think anyone on the jury likes her. It will come down to whether they respect her game enough to overlook her personality. I see this jury putting a lot of stock into personal relationships and think that's why Muscles beats her in the final 3 with Doctor Bland if that's the final 3.

Shit, at this point, Chrissy is the only one I don't want to see win. The others are ok. Ben is probably the best of the bunch.

Hewson, you can't use a nickname for 2 different people. Muscles? C'mon, you know better.

I didn't root for Ben for most of the game, but he sure came up big when it counted. I'll give Chrissy her props. She kicked ass in the challenges and made it a close competition at the end. Ultimately, the others were idiots for giving Ben one final chance to find that last hidden Immunity Idol. I enjoyed this season. This season's winner was obviously way better than Officer Waffle from last season. Next season looks interesting too.

Feels like they rigged it for Ben. I won't rule out the possibility that they had preconceived of this new final four twist before the season began, but it seems oh-so-suspiscious that it would happen right when he needs it if he didn't win the final immunity challenges. Yes, they're going to have it in future seasons, including the next one, but it's a rig in itself since it's meant to give the provider-types a chance to stay in the game. Like imagine when Sophie pulled out a miraculous final immunity challenge win and right after they ended up giving Ozzy a free ticket to the finals due to firemaking? It would be considered complete bullshit.

Yes, Ben was the best player of the season, hands down, but after that last minute twist, I was rooting for Devon to win the firemaking and Chrissy to win the game. Just did not feel right whatsoever. Chrissy might be the most robbed finalist in history.

Your addiction to hyperbole continues. Please. Last season Culpepper was robbed. He was better than Officer Waffle. Chrissy was a bitch to a lot of people. Shit, she hated Ashley, but Ashley was dumb enough to vote for her.

Back
Top Bottom