Survivor 34: Game Changers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't wait to see Sandra go.
Her act wears thin real quick.

Yeah, if they were smart, they'd vote her out as soon they get the chance. I felt bad for Tony. Not only was he entertaining, he was playing the game. He was immediately able to freak out the others. That takes skill. Also funny that he and Sandra voted for Aubry when no one else did.

What happened to my Survivor peeps? Did anyone else beside Hewson and I watch the season premiere? Sicy? BigMac?

I think it's a gonna be a great season. I wonder if Ozzy can finally win the big one.

Ozzy's got no shot.
His social game will be his undoing yet again.

Possibly. I'm not exactly the biggest Ozzy fan, but I think he's a better overall player than say Cirie for instance. She sucks at challenges, plus her social game is overrated.

Oh I always liked Ozzy, think he may be the best to ever play the game on the challenge side of things (no question the best water challenge player ever), he just doesn't have the social/strategic stuff down.

Cirie is another one I can do without. She can depart soon after Sandra.

Sorry I totally forgot to post here!

I already love this season. I felt bad for Tony too. I've never been a huge Sandra fan. She's annoying and the goat thing was giving me anxiety lol. :mad: I'm glad they let them go.

I also liked Caleb. Ugh. But I'm glad Tarzan found the idol!

You meant Troyzan. I wish Tarzan was on instead as that was the hilarious old guy from the same season.

It isn't so much Game Changers as CBS wanting another All Star edition so the producers sufficed by putting together a cast of twenty people that they want to see again (kind of a reverse of the fan voted Second Chance season). If you asked any viewer which two players would be brought back for a fourth time, Ozzy and Cirie surely would have been the two names as both came tantalizingly close to winning multiple times and their storylines felt unfinished given what happened in their third stints. On the other hand, there's some :doh: selections like Andrea. I'd honestly say she never should have been cast in the first place, yet she's so beloved by the crew and Survivor community that she's now on for a third time without having been more than wallpaper in any of her seasons.

Truthfully, I have few quibbles with the cast other than the godawful trio of Andrea, Sierra and Hali which are all real WTF? choices.

I'd also want to point out that I don't think anybody other than Richard Hatch in All Stars has had a bigger target on them than Sandra and Cirie this season - given both their past reputations and their lack of challenge skills (made even worse by them now being like 7 years older than the last time they played). So it really is admirable the way Sandra has managed to maneuver herself into a position of power while Cirie showed off her mad skills like usual getting people like Tai and Zeke on her side early on. Both were among the greatest to ever play this game and this season is only providing more evidence.

Ozzy still sucks and is an arrogant prick, but I know he can't possibly win so it's all good. :lol:

I don't agree with the Caleb decision at all....like I get Debbie and Tai wanting to kind of prove their loyalty to Brad and Sierra, but the argument that they would have a bigger target going into the merge with Caleb (that Brad hinted at) is rather specious. You basically want those sort of people in the merge so you can hide behind them and get further whereas someone like Hali will basically go very deep because who is actually going to waste a round of voting on her?

Thanks for unbanning me, Sicy.

Last edited:
Sorry I totally forgot to post here!

I already love this season. I felt bad for Tony too. I've never been a huge Sandra fan. She's annoying and the goat thing was giving me anxiety lol. :mad: I'm glad they let them go.

I also liked Caleb. Ugh. But I'm glad Tarzan found the idol!

It's good to see you back. I was getting pissed when they were thinking of eating the mama goat and her baby too. I liked Caleb also. They shouldn't have voted him off now.

BigMac, you're totally overhyping Cirie. I'd rather see Ozzy win than her. Ozzy is a way better competitor than her.

He's better at challenges. Cirie is without a doubt the best player to never win this game. You can make the argument that she's weak and could be targeted early, but it never happened in her three previous seasons (and she was really a target this time because of lingering bad blood between her, Ozzy and J.T.).

You could also say, "well, she's too weak to make it to the end on her own" yet Aras threw his game down the toilet to let her do the tiebreaker in Season 12 and Parvati and Amanda thought they had brought her to the end of Season 16 (where she would have won). In other words, none of the negatives about Cirie's game really stand up to scrutiny. Instead, we have an absolutely incredible social player that just missed the million dollars via a single challenge each time. She wins that tiebreaker in Season 12 and then Aras takes her to the end and she's a millionaire. She wins that immunity at the end of Season 16 and she's a millionaire. She had both of those seasons eventual winners trying to take her to the very end. That's how good she is.

Ozzy, on the other hand, had no social game and lost because of it in Season 13. Then he acted like an arrogant ass and got dealt with early in the merge in Season 16 where he then became a bitter juror. Then in Season 23 he was voted out three friggin' times. Ozzy is now on pace to set a new Survivor record and be the first to be voted out five times (although he technically already holds the record with 4 since Rupert wasn't really voted out of Season 27, per se).

Best challenge competitor ever? Sure. But not much beyond that and not much of an interesting character either.

Well, so far we haven't seen Ozzy's arrogance. Perhaps he's mellowed in his old age. I'm not his biggest fan, but Cirie and her supposedly wonderful social game do nothing for me.

JT was hilarious, though. His Idol search was way too transparent. He needs to be a little more careful.

I think the tribe will be willing to forgive it given his circumstances. It's pretty much expected. Perhaps it would have been smarter to not just freak out immediately. I mean, there was a 2 in 3 chance his tribe wouldn't even be going to tribal council, not to mention that they might want him around for one reason or another.

Preview had him making in-roads by targeting Sandra, but I just don't see how she doesn't hit the merge and go pretty far at this point unless push comes to shove and it's either eliminating Sandra or losing more immunity challenges. As much of a threat as she is to win this yet again, she's really easy to remove from the game. She's never won an individual immunity challenge and I can assure you that she never will, so why not use her as a number and drop her near the end?

Now, if she were to get to the end and lose because "she's not nice" that would just be some real bullshit. If you're a two time winner and make it to the end yet again, you deserve a third million dollar check. Of course, there would be some irony involved given that Sandra only won her second season because of a really bitter jury, but I digress...

Agreed about JT and Sandra. I would have to think enough people are gonna get sick about her repeatedly declaring herself The Queen. No one should want Sandra to be the boss of them. Tony got taken out early. I'm hoping it happens to her soon. :wink:

You would think it would be bad for her game to act like that, but I just don't think it matters. When you've won this game twice, nothing you really say or do other than throwing out the rice is really going to change the outcome. It might even help her if she hopes to get dragged to the end as a goat, but players have done a rather good job in recent years of targeting those sort of people in the now much longer merged tribes.

I do think we can definitely rank Sandra above Tony in any winner's ranking. They both stooped to going after each other and Sandra won despite being less of a tribal asset. That's more than enough evidence for my eyes.

The goat thing makes me want Sandra gone more, she comes across as an awful human.
Hali should have gone instead of Caleb, Yau Man Lite will regret that decision soon enough.

Didn't Yau Man light shoot himself in the foot in his previous season? Man, I hoped Tony would have stuck around. But, this looks like it could shape up to be a great season. Cirie is awful and needs to go. Sandra is also awful- continues to move forward in spire of herself, not because of good game. At least the goats advanced this week.

Didn't Yau Man light shoot himself in the foot in his previous season? Man, I hoped Tony would have stuck around. But, this looks like it could shape up to be a great season. Cirie is awful and needs to go. Sandra is also awful- continues to move forward in spire of herself, not because of good game. At least the goats advanced this week.

Well, Tai made it to the end but received no votes. I can't call him Yau Man Lite because that's an insult to Yau Man. If anything, he should be called Yau Man Zero because he has zero of Yau Man's qualities.

Sandra gives the impression that she would cook and eat a human leg if someone else did the dirty work. Not only is she The Queen, she'll eat anything that moves.

I am Loving This season of Survivor!! Every week they are thrown a new curve! Tribal tonight was crazy!

The longer Sandra stays in the game, the more dangerous (and arrogant) she gets. She's almost bordering on a C U Next Tuesday.

Malcolm went out like such a whiner...his comment along the lines of "the greatest experience of your life coming to a premature end" was pretty entitled - as if he's supposed to be allowed to make the merge every time. And how is it a "premature end" when this was your third time playing? :lol:

I really wanted Troyzan's tribe to go to tribal council sooner than later because

1) His idol will obviously get used.

and

2) His best play would actually be to vote out Ozzy, forcing the tribe to rely on Troyzan for strength. I actually assumed Ozzy was going to be the one going home this episode because they had that segment on him catching food and the like...seemed like the perfect setup for a random blindside, but I guess we can praise the editors on Malcolm leaving since they barely hinted at it and really set up Sandra for the fall.

Regardless, J.T. proved once again that he's a hell of a gambler/risk-taker at this game and, once again, it blew up in his face. He thought he was just giving intel to his friend, Brad, and instead was giving them the ammunition. Kind of serves the Blue Tribe right for being so damn arrogant that Tai's hadn't found an idol.

And fuck, Debbie looks psychotic in the preview for next week. :lol:

BTW, my winner pick from the first episode through now has been Hali. She seemed to have the right sort of quotes and edit so far and I could see her floating to the end on the right side of the numbers this season. Another Amber that gets underestimated and benefits heavily from having done next to nothing in her first appearance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom