Survivor 34: Game Changers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah not thrilled with the outcome. Andrea thinks she's running the show, but I think its really Cirie who is in charge. Andrea won't last.

Of course it's Cirie calling the shots. And is anybody shocked at this point?

There's still tons of maneuvering to come though. Even if the five that voted for Zeke stay together, they're going to get bombed by Tai and Troyzan's idols eventually. They have three combined and could force one of the other five out at this very next tribal council if they like.

If the five really plan on sticking together, then removing Zeke was an act of pure lunacy. It could have been 6-3 after that last tribal council and now they barely have a majority.

Also, I've got to say, that's still one of the shittiest reward challenges they have ever done. When you have such a complicated word puzzle, it makes all of the running-back-and-forth beforehand to be absolutely pointless. Just seven minutes of boredom before someone stumbles upon the answer. :down:

Troyzan looks like he's just along for the ride though, doesn't seem to have any real involvement with strategy.

And they weirdly bury him in the edit. Like something will happen on screen and you expect to hear a Troyzan confessional because it involves him, and nope, it's Brad or Sierra. :lol:

There's still tons of maneuvering to come though. Even if the five that voted for Zeke stay together, they're going to get bombed by Tai and Troyzan's idols eventually. They have three combined and could force one of the other five out at this very next tribal council if they like.

If the five really plan on sticking together, then removing Zeke was an act of pure lunacy. It could have been 6-3 after that last tribal council and now they barely have a majority.

Normally keeping the fact that you have an idol to yourself is wise, but in this current scenario, Yau Man Wannabe and Wallpaper should let Brad and Sierra Bullock know about idols (Yau Man Lite doesn't have to fess up to having 2, he could still keep 1 secret) and devise a plan to make sure they know which one of them is being targeted, use an idol and get on of the five out.
You're right that removing Zeke made very little sense from a numbers standpoint. If they took Bullock out, then those idols would be almost rendered useless (if they took Tai Stick out then they would have sent 2 idols home unused cause he's not bright enough to know when to use one anyway). Hopefully now that comes back to bite them in the ass (preferably Andrea), and even if idols aren't their comeuppance, I expect Officer Waffle to vote against that group next week anyway.

Last edited:
Officer Waffle! Yeah baby! She has the look of a puppy who has just had a bone ripped out of its mouth.

With Birdcage out, it's down to Aubrey and Culpepper who I want to win.

BigMac, how big is that Cirie poster that you have on your bedroom ceiling? :wink:

Eh, it's not really about being a fan. I just objectively have seen Cirie play this game well four times. That's an outstanding player. She was a challenge away from winning the game twice.

If I'm a fan of anyone, it's the most entertaining players, so basically the crazies. Greg Buis, Coach, Phillip...the legends will always live on in my heart!

Eh, it's not really about being a fan. I just objectively have seen Cirie play this game well four times. That's an outstanding player. She was a challenge away from winning the game twice.

If I'm a fan of anyone, it's the most entertaining players, so basically the crazies. Greg Buis, Coach, Phillip...the legends will always live on in my heart!

Naturally, If Cirie wins the game, I'll be eating my words. :wink:

I think Debbie, Brandon Hantz, and Naonka are Hall of Fame crazies too. Philip and Coach were at least somewhat likeable.

This season has been pretty exciting, Some big names have already been voted out. ( Tony, Sandra, Ozzy, and Birdcage to name a few.) It sucked to see Birdcage get voted out. His passion for the game was entertaining. Plus, he was a good person.

I just love that the modern seasons have so many players. The game has truly evolved whereas the early seasons would often consist of one alliance just staying in control and there being maybe two potential winners.

Yeah she was pretty deceitful there.
Of course Bullock should have never told Waffle that Hothead and Yau Man Lite were possibly gonna vote for Andrea, so she kind of has herself to blame.
Hothead said "don't do anything stupid" and what does Sierra Bullock do right away? Let's the bus go below 50 by telling Officer Waffle about the plan. Definition of stupid.

Yeah, Sierra definitely made a stupid move there. I hope that Hothead never returns to the game when she gets voted out. She's worse than Officer Waffle.

Well, at least HotHead didn't flip to Sierra's side because they'd have possessed a literal mine field.

Number of Hidden Idols:

Yau Man Lite: 2
Troyzan : 1
Sierra Officer Waffle : 1 (legacy advantage at Final Six)

It would have inadvertently handed the game to Brad's alliance.

Looks like Cirie is going for a really big play in the next episode's preview, bringing out the tears to emotionally manipulate Yau Man Lite. :up:

Well, Cirie went for the big play, but it blew up in her face. Can she still win the Big Money? Stay tuned. :wink: Tai will make it to the Final 4 at least with those 2 Idols still in his pocket or maybe he'll use one to save somebody else. Glad Hothead is gone. I hope she never returns to the game. Her laugh was cute at the end, though. :wink:

That was a crazy episode.
Culpepper survived 2 tribals where he looked to be the main target before the immunity challenge.
Though for a second Yau Man Lite was going home with 2 idols in his pocket. Now he has a golden ticket to the final 4, but previews make it look like he does something stupid with the idols, not surprising.

And Officer Waffle was flip flopping like a fish out of water. She stands zero chance of winning if she makes final 3, you can tell from the jury's facial reactions to her.

Cirie needs to learn to read the fine print. That was awesome to see play out. Not really sure why Officer Waffle decided to target Hothead, she really doesn't read folks well, Hothead was on her side.

Best line of night went to Probst when Hothead had the puzzle wrong and she kicked it, "now she kicks the puzzle, that always helps!"

Cirie really threw away an opportunity. I love how Sarah did the reverse move back to her. Cirie wanted to use it to make Tai complacent and Sarah used it to make Cirie complacent, booting Michaela out as revenge. Not only does it weaken Cirie, but now Sarah's left in the game somebody less likely to win challenges than Michaela and that Tai now can't trust after what she pulled. Therefore, it made a lot of sense to get rid of Michaela instead of Cirie right then and there.

It does look like Tai tosses his idols away to Brad in a stupid moment and Brad says in the preview that he's down to vote out Tai anyway. Tai's just too emotional for this game.

An Aubry Huff or Cirie win would be well deserved at this point. The former was robbed of $1 million and the latter has played awesome games like three or four times already.

Can't see how Troyzan could really win since he's just background material...a Brad win seems like it would just involve key immunity wins and little else.

There would be some sick irony if Aubry and Tai both made it to the end again and lost.

Yeah if I were to handicap the final 6 as far as winning:
Cirie
Aubrey Huff
Culpepper
Yau Man Lite
Officer Waffle
Wallpaper

Officer Waffle could get to the final, she's safe at the next vote, but she could only win against wallpaper and Yau Man lite, and I still think Yau Man Lite takes that.

Next tribal will be interesting.
Theoretically, if Tai holds one idol, gives one to Brad, Wallpaper has his, Waffle has the legacy advantage and Aubrey Huff wins the immunity challenge you could have a scenario where 5 of the 6 folks can't be voted out.
Won't play out that way but boy would that be something.

What I've been enjoying about this season is that there's no clear cut winner. I figured Birdcage would be one of the Final 4 at least, but the other contestants were wise to vote him out when they got the chance. If anyone goes to the Final 3 with either Tai, Troyzan or Officer Waffle, they should win. Cirie fucked up big time by failing reading comprehension, but she still has room to rally. So either Cirie, Culpepper, or Aubry should emerge victorious.

Theoretically, if Tai holds one idol, gives one to Brad, Wallpaper has his, Waffle has the legacy advantage and Aubrey Huff wins the immunity challenge you could have a scenario where 5 of the 6 folks can't be voted out.

Almost like a few seasons back when they couldn't go to drawing rocks because there would be only one person drawing and he would automatically be sent home.

Your scenario seems pretty likely. As long as Tai ends up with an idol and not the immunity challenge win, then we could very well see the guys covering each other.

I think Cirie is in the most precarious position at the very next tribal...and it's getting way too close to the end to really risk it with her. If she makes it, you are not going to win this game, nor should you.

God, so much to discuss. It truly was one of the most interesting finales ever.

What sticks in my mind the most is just how much I badly, badly want to bone Aubry. Over the last two seasons, her personality has grown on me immensely. Her intelligence, her razor sharp wit and her ability to call bullshit whenever necessary. I was devastated when she left tonight (I'll get to that tribal below) and was thinking how I couldn't be more attracted to somebody and then she turns out to be an absolute stunner on the jury. :heart:

Thoughts:

#1 - The Final 6 tribal council was a fitting end to Cirie's career. This woman has now gone home at a F4 firestarting challenge, in the F3 when there was a surprise F2, idoled out by J.T. with a minority vote and now goes home with no votes. Even when you want to get out the best player to never win you can't do it the old fashioned way. :up:

#2 - I felt that the FInal 5 tribal council was sort of a missed opportunity for Sarah and Tai. Yeah, I get that Aubry is a massive threat to win, but by keeping Aubry into the Final 4, it ensures that either Aubry or Brad goes home right before the Final Tribal Council. Voting for Troyzan probably would have been smartest.

And if you're Sarah, you'd have to assume that Brad/Troyzan would want to take Tai to the end given all of his flip-flopping and the fact that he already lost for the same reasons on his first season. Granted, that's not the move they made because Brad was a total fucking idiot to let the woman that worked in an alliance with most of the people on the jury get to the end, but if you're Sarah, you'd have to assume you'd be out fourth and therefore it would be best to work with Aubry for one vote.

#3 - Jury made the absolute right move. Brad didn't do shit strategically once his alliance fell apart and he built no social relationships. Just look at how he treated Tai in tonight's finale and it's blatantly obvious why he deserved to lose. He may have been able to hold back the tendencies we witnessed on his first season most of the time, but they still came shining through by the end.

#4 - Ozzy is still a whiny little bitch who doesn't understand how this game is played, but at least he wasn't sanctimonious about it all like that awful witch Debbie. :doh:

#5 - Aubry. Aubry. Aubry. God fucking damn. :drool:

#6 - Oh, and to add more fuel to the "Sarah is kind of a dumbass" discussion (Answer: She is), what the fuck was she thinking by saying that voting with Tai was "a risk" at F4 because she could have to make a fire. Um, you fucking moron, if you have to make fire then you damn sure should be glad you voted with Tai for Troyzan because otherwise it means you would be going home. I get the risk of taking Tai to the end, but her reasoning for not voting with him was fucking stupid. Sarah was by no means a great winner, but she was the most in-tune to the game of anyone this season and played damn hard. But there were a lot of mistakes on the way to that $1,000,000.

#7 - Jesus christ, Aubry. Just like go hide out in the crowd for this reunion show so I can concentrate.

Last edited:

Well, it played out just like that save for flipping Brad and Aubrey around.
That was pretty cool (not for Cirie)

No question Brad should have taken Yau Man Lite to the final instead of Officer Leggo My Eggo, almost as bad a decision as his wardrobe/facial hair choice for the reunion...good God man did you look in a mirror before leaving the hotel?

#5 - Aubry. Aubry. Aubry. God fucking damn. :drool:

#7 - Jesus christ, Aubry. Just like go hide out in the crowd for this reunion show so I can concentrate.

You, my friend, have odd taste in women. Who was it before...Pei Gei and I forget the other. Certainly not classic hotties.

Give Me Halie, though maybe put Aubrey's brain in her head first.

Is Brad's decision to take Sarah the stupidest ever? I mean, Colby at least kind of thought he had the votes and Tina was pulling the wool over his eyes...like it's no surprise that Jeff brought up the "Should you have taken Tai?" question on the reunion show because to most viewers it would have been the correct decision.

I mean, he was out there all the time and noticed that Sarah had worked with most of these people on the jury. What could he possibly have been thinking?

Plus, we can't really take him seriously over his reasons to vote out Tai when it was clearly all based on emotions related to past grievances.

Seriously may have been the dumbest decision ever because it was so obvious Sarah would win unless the jury was randomly bitter.

My only guess is he thought the jury would be bitter beer jury a la the first All Stars jury giving the win to Ambah instead of Mariano.
Really no smart strategic sense in the move.
Yau Man Lite would have done terribly in front of the jury and it may not have ended up 5-5. (Ozzy said he'd have voted for Tai which I find hard to believe the way he was rallying for Brad in the final TC. I think his response at the reunion show was tainted by seeing the final episodes where Brad bullied Yau Man Wannabe)
Which by the way I am glad we finally got the answer to the question of what happens in the case of a tie.

You, my friend, have odd taste in women. Who was it before...Pei Gei and I forget the other. Certainly not classic hotties.

Shirin was the other, just remembered.

survivor-worldsapart-hali-crazy-eyes.gif

:wink:

Last edited:
Finally caught up. Looking back that was a great season overall with some pretty crazy twists. Culpepper made the classic mistake of choosing his final opponent based on least amount off butt hurt. He would have easily won if he chose Little Yau. He also didn't present a strong case for himself in the final TC. Quite a few on the jury felt he was a dick- but he could have framed it within the context that this is a game, and yes, being a dick can be part of the mental manipulation strategy. He got sheepish on it though. And judging by his new look on the finale, he's gone into middle management at the office. Whereas Offissuh Sayrah did a great job positioning everything she did as within the spirit of the game- and oh I really do like you guys in real life.

It still amazes me that after nine hundred and fifty two seasons people sit in the jury butt hurt over relationships in the game. Or a blindside or whatever. It's fucking Survivor, you know what you're getting into. The only person with a legit reason to be pissed off outside the game is Zeke because that situation transcended the game and will affect his entire life.

Troyzan is a dope.
Cirie got royally screwed.
Little Yau continues his string of stupid decisions.
Aubry gives BigMac a boner.

Definitely a lot of "what ifs" regarding Cirie...if someone like Troyzan ends up vulnerable at Final Six and goes home, she'd have had a wealth of opportunities in front of her with Brad and Aubry seeming like the bigger threats and Brad pissed at Tai, etc.

But I still would have a hard time believing that anybody, even Brad, would be dumb enough to take Cirie to the finals.

Yeah Cirie wins in a walk against any 2 of the other 5 who were in the final episode, so would have been pretty foolhardy for anyone to take her with them.

Back
Top Bottom