Survivor 34: Game Changers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought I was going to come here and rave about Varner going out in flames once again and how he's arguably the most purely entertaining contestant they've ever had and that I could watch him play every single future season if he liked.

Then he went and did thaaaaat. :doh: :sad:

There's no defending what Varner did, but Birdcage took it especially well considering the circumstances. Within the game, Varner actually helped Birdcage because Sarah and Andrea appeared to believe Varner's accusations that Birdcage was throwing them under the bus.

I'll say this much, whatever hormones Zeke is taking are working, he's a hairy SOB, hence the Birdcage nickname.
robin_williams_the_birdcage.jpg

Zeke is a class act for sure!
The others reactions were so emotional.
Big thumbs down to Varner...someone who says he is sympathetic, turns out to be simply pathetic.
Seriously great season so far!! It is amazing how quickly the game changes...in a matter of minutes, just based on some stupid action or words. I was sure Ozzy was going this week...and then....

That was intense.. jeez!! Yes I also cried a little :mad: I love that they didnt even vote.

Zeke - never would have guessed. ALL of the hair :ohmy:

I don't know why so many people are scared of Ozzy...I guess he's lethal if he's given some free passes at the merge when immunity isn't around his neck, but the modern merge is so long that there's ample amount of opportunities to get him out. Plenty of rounds, plenty of people that could be in him in one type of challenge or another, etc. It's not like he's going to win ten straight immunities.

He won so many in Cook Islands because he had no competition, it was a very short merge and the challenges were basically all swimming and endurance. Put him out of his comfort zones or attach a puzzle to the end and he's toast.

Even if he wins every immunity challenge, he will be so bad in front of a jury he'd never win the million. He might in some ways be good to be sitting next to at the end.

Seems like last night's TC scene was a big deal in the mainstream press. Varner's taking a beating and rightly so. Jeff Probst also showed again why he is a fucking genius with the way he needled Varner for what he said. Plus, the other contestants were awesome for letting Varner know how wrong he was. Birdcage is looking like a fucking champ for how he handled it. After this, I think he is gonna be this season's sole Survivor. It's a helluva story. I would have to assume that all of us here at the Survivor thread don't give a rat's ass that Birdcage is transgendered. We just like him for the awesome dude that he is. Next to Cockring and maybe Abi-Normal, :wink:, he's got one of the best nicknames in the history of our Survivor thread.

Yeah, I thought he had a legit shot at winning a couple weeks ago as I posted here, now he's clearly the odds on favorite. Will be interesting to see who is the first to suggest voting him out and how it is received by others. He's now a huge threat to sweep votes if in the final TC, so anyone who wants to win needs him out, but its going to be tricky getting enough folks on board.

That sucks...especially since he's just selling houses, so its not like he'd be getting much of a wage since it's all based on commission. His statement was misguided and wrong, but certainly didn't come from a place of malice. This country has a real problem not going after those that actually have the power to discriminate and instead berating those that use words, whether intentionally or not.

I think Brad Culpepper is the eventual winner if I were to hazard a guess, which would mean changing from my initial pick of Hali since she's been too deep in the background and doesn't really have a firm alliance. That recent scene where he opens up and wins the respect of his tribemates seems like it was placed there for a reason...like, I dunno, to explain to the casual audience why someone they disliked so much the first time ended up winning $1 million.

Plus, he's exactly the person you'd take to the end because you think you can beat him.

Hey BigMac, words hurt. Varner fucked himself. Real Estate Agents not only have to sell houses, they have to sell themselves. And if people think you're an asshole, they won't buy a house that you're selling.

Sure, but from the business perspective of his agency, they're figuring that Varner's recent troubles will make him less valuable than someone else taking his place and picking up the slack. I'm not so certain that would be the case financially.

I don't know where he lives though, but I imagine if it's a Red State, they could care less.

Which vote? I actually think the Hali vote was a big missed opportunity for Cirie...should have informed both Hali/Michaela and voted six strong for one of Brad's alliance...then do the same at the next tribal council, possibly making someone like Ozzy flip rather than have to draw rocks.

Cirie's really been given a lot of free passes this season. Not attending tribal, the other side targeting Ozzy in the last round. And now in next week's preview we have Sarah once again straddling the lines (did she not learn anything from her season?) and potentially flipping away from Brad's alliance after just one vote.

Next week's vote is basically going to determine the rest of the season....problem is that I just can't see a way Zeke mends the fence with half the people in the game after wanting to screw them over (while alienating the other half for acting shady). And without Zeke's vote, thinks don't look good for him/Cirie/Aubry/Michaela/Andrea.

Plus, Tai has like eight idols. So there's that.

Both votes were smart. Hali was useless, but not as easily manipulated as Michaela who can't hide her emotions at all. Ozzy was the biggest vote obviously. Right now, the winner is still up for grabs. Aubry, Birdcage, and Culpepper are my favorites.

I don't see how Brad isn't the champion if his side ends up the victors in the next vote. Sierra seems like the other one the edit is hyping up as a potential challenger.

The only weird part about both of them making the finals is that would mean that they cut off at least one of Troyzan and Debbie before the Final Three...and I just can't fathom a scenario where people are actually afraid of those two winning.

Tai is a very legitimate threat this season. If he stays true to his alliance this time, I don't see how he isn't a million dollars richer if he makes it to Day 39.

Sierra Bullock should have used the info Zeke gave her to go after Cirie or Andrea instead of going back to Andrea with it. Amazing how dumb some of these returning players can be.

Ozzy was awfully cocky thinking they have to keep him around for fish.

Tai will screw things up at some point, its in his nature.

All of your points are correct. Sierra's decision was truly baffling. When you're given an extra number like that, you take advantage of it. Was she thinking that Zeke was going to try and have them target, say, Cirie and then he would hand Cirie an idol? Such an easy opportunity to take control of the game for good and instead she waffles and is like "but I can't twust him!" :doh:

Ozzy was awfully cocky thinking they have to keep him around for fish.

Tai will screw things up at some point, its in his nature.

Ozzy proved once and for all, that no matter how well you provide for your tribe and excel at tribal immunity challenges, you will still be voted out.

Tai's game is inevitably flawed. Yes, he's good at finding Idols and , yes, he could even make it to the Final 3, but he's such a flip flopper and an emotional mess that no one will vote him the million dollars.

:dance: buh bye!

And best part of show was Mikaela saying "so stupid" as they showed the advantage at her feet for the 2,869th time...yes honey, you are so stupid.

Debbie always goes home right as she really starts to irritate the audience...the editors like to really ramp up her annoyingness in the edit so it's even more satisfying when she goes out.

All bets are pretty much off at this point. The deck has indeed been reshuffled. Anybody can now win it with the exception of Michaela as nobody is going to respect someone so immature. She'd make a great goat.

I don't know about that. I don't see Cirie or Sierra winning. Cirie doesn't have much game and Sierra is seen as a threat by many.

What is with people in this thread saying Cirie (who is widely considered to be the best player to never win) doesn't have game? You've already seen her work her magic throughout this season and the fact that anybody would want to work with her given her past reputation says everything.

Cirie is willing to make big moves, take risks and if she gets to the end of course she will the $1 million, especially since she narrowly lost it in two other opportunities.

What is with people in this thread saying Cirie (who is widely considered to be the best player to never win) doesn't have game? You've already seen her work her magic throughout this season and the fact that anybody would want to work with her given her past reputation says everything.

Cirie is willing to make big moves, take risks and if she gets to the end of course she will the $1 million, especially since she narrowly lost it in two other opportunities.

I'll believe that when it actually happens. Cirie doesn't impress me. She won't win. You heard it here first.

BYE FELICIA! God she was so annoying.

I dont even know who I want to win at this point. I do like Troyzan.

Troyzan looks like he's just along for the ride though, doesn't seem to have any real involvement with strategy.
I'm between Birdcage and Aubry Huff I think as for who I'd like to see win.

Now that the model/gymnast/pony whisperer/pilot is gone, nobody truly detestable left to root against.

I think the legit shots to win are Birdcage, Aubry, Brad and Cirie. Sarah has an outside shot, she just made a big move and has the Blind Michaela voting advantage still, but I don't think she'd fare well in front of the jury.
Tai may make the final 3, but he will suck answering the jury. Sierra Bullock could probably only win if seated with Michaela and Troyzan.
Michaela as noted before is too volatile, may be a great person to take to the end cause she won't get the votes. Andrea has pissed enough people off she won't win.

Back
Top Bottom