Survivor 34: Game Changers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People Who Can't Possibly Win:

Debbie - Based on her insanity in next week's preview. That sort of crap is alright for the start of a game for a newbie, but a returning player two weeks in? Nobody is going to respect someone that freaks out in that manner enough to reward them for their own decisions, if they even made any.

People Who Basically Can't Win Because Nobody Is Likely To Let Them Sniff The Finals:

Cirie
J.T.
Ozzy
Sandra

- I don't think I really need to explain that group to anybody. I think we're all the same page that, objectively, if any of those made it to the Final Three they would deserve a million dollars.

People Who Can't Win Because I Can't See Them Taking The Reins Enough To Earn It:

Jeff Varner
Sarah

- Look, surprises can happen, but from what I've seen so far I just can't see either of these two calling the shots. Sarah has clearly decided to take a backseat role while Varner's reaction to losing that last challenge doesn't really say much to me about his ability to take control (and of course, he has never even made it to the jury stage to begin with).

That still leaves us with an insane haul of nine people that have a great chance to win this game. Andrea, Aubry, Brad, Hali, Michaela, Sierra, Tai, Troyzan and Zeke. And, of course, those others mentioned above aren't entirely out of the running. The further we see people from that group of uber-threats (Cirie, Ozzy, etc.), for example, make it in the merge, the better all of their chances will be at forcing at least one of them into the finals. As it stands, this really might be the most competitive season ever...so many other ones are filled with beyond unlikable or unskilled players that can't possibly win, but this one is really anybody's game.

Of those 9, I see the legit shots at winning being Brad, Birdcage, Aubrey Huff, and Yau Man Extra Lite.

Maybe Sierra has an outside shot.

Michaela is too volatile, she'll blow up at some point. Troyzan is too loopy. Hali really has no game play, and frankly for a law student seems a bit dumb (but she has a nice ass). Andrea also doesn't have enough game play.

As for the others, Ozzy could make it far once the individual immunities start, but hard to see him winning even if he makes it to the final TC, he'd have to be sitting with Sandra and Debbie and that's not happening.

I assume Debbie shoots her way out of the game soon (and back to her modelling career), Sandra has to be taken out if these people are smart. Cirie may fly under the radar and last a while, but can't see her winning.

I'm saying it ends up being Birdcage who wins.

Pretty spot-on analysis, especially regarding Michaela and Troyzan's personalities.

Andrea is somebody that the show presents as a player despite all evidence to the contrary. I remember in Caramoan where the editors tried to act like getting her out was a big deal for Cochran. In reality, if getting rid of Andrea is the biggest move you have to make to win a million dollars, then you've been dealt one easy hand of Survivor.

Regarding Birdcage, he's a completely unknown quantity to these people and he hasn't been tested at all yet since he hasn't attended tribal. We'll be able to gauge how he fares with a batch of returning players once he actually has to play the game.

That's why I think he has a good shot. The veterans all know each other and are gunning for each other, he can fly under the radar for a while, and we saw last season he's pretty savvy and not afraid to make a big move. It bit him in the ass last time, but he might b able to swing something this season.

That's why I think he has a good shot. The veterans all know each other and are gunning for each other, he can fly under the radar for a while, and we saw last season he's pretty savvy and not afraid to make a big move. It bit him in the ass last time, but he might b able to swing something this season.

True. Generally, being an unknown has basically been a plus on this show. Rupert in All Stars, Amanda and James in Fans vs. Favorites, Russell in Heroes vs. Villains, etc. The best reputation you can have in a returning player season is no reputation at all.

I thought Zeke, like Jeremy in his first season, played about as good as you could possibly expect. Sometimes randomness or the right group of game savvy people can mean a power player is inevitably doomed at some point in the merge. So, yeah, he's good.

I'd love to see Birdcage win. Culpepper could surprise us too.

Culpepper is playing correctly for the moment, but he needs to pull off some power moves at the merge. His wife failed to do that and it cost her the million.

That tribal was wack. Malcolm may have been whining but he shouldn't have gone home.

Can't wait to see coocoo Debbie flip out next week lol.

And I agree with birdcage possibly making it all the way [emoji1360]

That is one bizarro woman. I'm always for bringing back the mental train-wrecks for another go, but a lot of them just end up drowning in the deep end when they play this game a second time. Debbie is absolutely bonkers.

Sandra just continues to amaze me with her skills. She's on an entirely different level above practically anybody that has ever played this game. I think any preconceived notions about Survivor being anything more than a social game should basically be thrown out the window at this point. Rarely does one's skills in the challenges actually matter pre-merge and players like Sandra & Cirie clearly can work their way into a power position every single time without much struggle. Sandra may very well be the best we've ever seen.

J.T.'s biggest problem has always been that he's too much of a gambler. Giving Brad the drop on who was going home and holding onto the idol are basically on par with sending Russell an idol on his last season...extremely risky endeavors that ultimately didn't pay off. He got way too cocky.

"Hali cost us peanut butter and jelly and I made it over that beam in 30 seconds"
:huh:

Debbie truly has a mental illness that is starting to become tough to watch. She's almost in Brandon Hantz territory.

I have no hyperbole for Sandra. If she makes it to the Final 3, these people are dumb as shit. JT was a fuckin' idiot. Especially all of that shit with the sugar. Varner has turned into a coattail rider. He's a fool too.

I imagine the appearance from another former player is just a cameo, maybe hosting a challenge or something. It will more than likely be Kel bringing the winners of a reward challenge some beef jerky. :up:

What is Debbie talking about?? She sucked on the balance beam. :coocoo:

I honestly dont understand why people arent trying to get rid of Sandra. :huh:

What is Debbie talking about?? She sucked on the balance beam. :coocoo:

She took 10 years of gymnastics (and she's a model). I swear it looked like Aly Raisman or Mary Lou Retton out there she whipped through that thing so fast. (Not)

She's certifiable.

And as to why they aren't target Cruella De Sandra...they're f'ing stupid is the only logical answer.

Or, as you've witnessed, Sandra is pretty good at pulling the wool over their eyes.

Me, personally? I couldn't look at her without seeing the two million dollar checks, but I guess these people forget about that when they're hungry and starving...unless she goes out via randomness, she could be a big risk to go deep in the merge. Yeah, it's playing with fire to carry her so close to the finish line, but she also can't win an immunity to save her life, so it will be damn tempting to take her along as an extra number and a shield towards the end of the game.

:yippie::yippie::yippie:

Now, it's become a battle of who is crazier than a shithouse rat! Tai or Debbie? Debbie is the champ, but Tai is giving her a run for the title.

Awesome TC!

Yau Man Wannabe was right when he said "I'm not smart".

Wonder what Cockring was thinking when he encountered such a combination of beauty, charm and grace as the model/gymnast/pony whisperer Debbie.

As for the results of the vote: :dance:

If Cockring knows Debbie is batshit, how could he believe a thing she's saying about Culpepper? Talk about things that make you go whoa. :wink:

Man, if Sandra had been given any inkling about Tai having an idol, she could have voted with him and gone down as an absolute God. :lol:

And it would have been double amazing because Ozzy is such a buzzkill. At least it looks from the next preview that they're plotting to remove the un-entertaining cancer that he is for a record fifth time. :wave:

So, who goes home next? I imagine Cirie and Ozzy are the sweetest looking targets for everybody else at the moment.

Cirie hasnt had much air time - she will probably fly under for a while.

Back
Top Bottom