Survivor 34: Game Changers - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2017, 02:24 AM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:49 AM
I thought I was going to come here and rave about Varner going out in flames once again and how he's arguably the most purely entertaining contestant they've ever had and that I could watch him play every single future season if he liked.

Then he went and did thaaaaat.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

There's no defending what Varner did, but Birdcage took it especially well considering the circumstances. Within the game, Varner actually helped Birdcage because Sarah and Andrea appeared to believe Varner's accusations that Birdcage was throwing them under the bus.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

I'll say this much, whatever hormones Zeke is taking are working, he's a hairy SOB, hence the Birdcage nickname.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing. Birdcage has a way hairier chest than me. Lol.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:21 AM   #65
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Zeke is a class act for sure!
The others reactions were so emotional.
Big thumbs down to Varner...someone who says he is sympathetic, turns out to be simply pathetic.
Seriously great season so far!! It is amazing how quickly the game changes...in a matter of minutes, just based on some stupid action or words. I was sure Ozzy was going this week...and then....
Old 04-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #66
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:49 AM
That was intense.. jeez!! Yes I also cried a little I love that they didnt even vote.

Zeke - never would have guessed. ALL of the hair
Old 04-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I don't know why so many people are scared of Ozzy...I guess he's lethal if he's given some free passes at the merge when immunity isn't around his neck, but the modern merge is so long that there's ample amount of opportunities to get him out. Plenty of rounds, plenty of people that could be in him in one type of challenge or another, etc. It's not like he's going to win ten straight immunities.

He won so many in Cook Islands because he had no competition, it was a very short merge and the challenges were basically all swimming and endurance. Put him out of his comfort zones or attach a puzzle to the end and he's toast.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Even if he wins every immunity challenge, he will be so bad in front of a jury he'd never win the million. He might in some ways be good to be sitting next to at the end.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Seems like last night's TC scene was a big deal in the mainstream press. Varner's taking a beating and rightly so. Jeff Probst also showed again why he is a fucking genius with the way he needled Varner for what he said. Plus, the other contestants were awesome for letting Varner know how wrong he was. Birdcage is looking like a fucking champ for how he handled it. After this, I think he is gonna be this season's sole Survivor. It's a helluva story. I would have to assume that all of us here at the Survivor thread don't give a rat's ass that Birdcage is transgendered. We just like him for the awesome dude that he is. Next to Cockring and maybe Abi-Normal, , he's got one of the best nicknames in the history of our Survivor thread.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, I thought he had a legit shot at winning a couple weeks ago as I posted here, now he's clearly the odds on favorite. Will be interesting to see who is the first to suggest voting him out and how it is received by others. He's now a huge threat to sweep votes if in the final TC, so anyone who wants to win needs him out, but its going to be tricky getting enough folks on board.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:05 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Varner got fired from his job as a real estate agent the day after the episode aired.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

That sucks...especially since he's just selling houses, so its not like he'd be getting much of a wage since it's all based on commission. His statement was misguided and wrong, but certainly didn't come from a place of malice. This country has a real problem not going after those that actually have the power to discriminate and instead berating those that use words, whether intentionally or not.

I think Brad Culpepper is the eventual winner if I were to hazard a guess, which would mean changing from my initial pick of Hali since she's been too deep in the background and doesn't really have a firm alliance. That recent scene where he opens up and wins the respect of his tribemates seems like it was placed there for a reason...like, I dunno, to explain to the casual audience why someone they disliked so much the first time ended up winning $1 million.

Plus, he's exactly the person you'd take to the end because you think you can beat him.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hey BigMac, words hurt. Varner fucked himself. Real Estate Agents not only have to sell houses, they have to sell themselves. And if people think you're an asshole, they won't buy a house that you're selling.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:00 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Sure, but from the business perspective of his agency, they're figuring that Varner's recent troubles will make him less valuable than someone else taking his place and picking up the slack. I'm not so certain that would be the case financially.

I don't know where he lives though, but I imagine if it's a Red State, they could care less.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

He's from North Carolina.

Smart vote tonight!