Stay Classy Mel Gibson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's pretty bad to get dumped from Hangover 2

Well, that certainly didn't take long. Mere days after it was announced Mel Gibson would be joining the cast of 'The Hangover 2,' TMZ is reporting he's been dropped from the film. The reason he got the ax? The cast wasn't happy he'd be in the film.

The only comment given so far on the dismissal comes from director Todd Philips. "I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of Jeff Robinov and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew," he said.

Sounds like Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis weren't too excited about Gibson rehabbing his image on their time.

It was reported earlier this week that Gibson would film a cameo in the film--playing a tattoo artist. "It's a done deal," a source told Page Six at the time. "Filming is taking place on the Warner Bros. lot, where a Bangkok set has been built and Mel is expected to film his role in two weeks. Then the production moves to Thailand at the end of October."

Way to dig up a comment from three months ago.

Also, do you really care what I think? I'm not so sure I even care about what I think about this distasteful story.

Yeah, she says no one believed her. All I'm saying is that Winona Ryder isn't free of odd behavior herself.

Anyways, I don't want to appear as if I have anything positive to say about Gibson in this regard, it was just something that immediately struck me as I was reading the article, that's all.

oh i totally hear you, ashley. gibson's a huge ass but it just seems awfully convenient to suddenly have some new horrible thing he's said...years ago. i don't doubt he said that but like cori said winona has some curious timing.

:doh: I'm thinking he must have been a better actor than we all gave him credit for, in the first half of his career people liked working with him. But, much as I love Winona, she's nuts.

:doh: I'm thinking he must have been a better actor than we all gave him credit for, in the first half of his career people liked working with him. But, much as I love Winona, she's nuts.

Professionally, Mel Gibson was a better actor back in the day. As he's gotten older, it appears as if his vices (booze, pills and sex) have made him a worse person. The Mel Gibson we used to know had no problem with blacks and jews. Shit, Danny Glover was his best friend during the Lethal Weapon years. I've chosen to boycott his films. I thought Apocolypto was awesome, but I won't watch it anymore. Mel Gibson is no longer worthy of my time or my money. It is a shame because he was such a talented man. Arguably, the best of a generation. Now he has pissed it all away.

Personally, I separate people's professional lives from the person, particularly with actors, they aren't representing themselves on screen, I have the same attitude to Roman Polanski, hell we'd have to ignore a whole lot of the best musicians out there because of the lifestyles they represent as well. That said I certainly won't be giving Gibson a lot of my money (though I was entertained by Edge of Darkness and intend to see The Beaver), though he does have my pity.

Personally, I separate people's professional lives from the person, particularly with actors, they aren't representing themselves on screen, I have the same attitude to Roman Polanski, hell we'd have to ignore a whole lot of the best musicians out there because of the lifestyles they represent as well. That said I certainly won't be giving Gibson a lot of my money (though I was entertained by Edge of Darkness and intend to see The Beaver), though he does have my pity.

Sorry, I can't do that. If they're a scumbag in real life, I won't support their career.

Just curious: What best musician could you cite as anti-Jew or anti-Black or that's a pedophile that currently has a career or that we could "overlook"?

I wasn't saying musicians that did the same things, I was talking other generally despicable things. And for the record, Polanski's not a pedophile.

I'm not trying to sound like a sympathize with these people, just saying as a filmgoer I admire Polanski's work, and sometimes that of Mel Gibson.

I wasn't saying musicians that did the same things, I was talking other generally despicable things. And for the record, Polanski's not a pedophile.

I'm not trying to sound like a sympathize with these people, just saying as a filmgoer I admire Polanski's work, and sometimes that of Mel Gibson.

I've got no problem with Polanski. His situation is kind of murky. But, if you're busted for having sex with someone under age, you are considered a pedophile.

As in Richard Wagner, German composer. Hitler was a big fan (unsure of much else about Wagner). The Ring Cycle, Ride of the Valkryies, aka Kill the Wabbit.

Back
Top Bottom