Stay Classy Mel Gibson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, and the mash-ups with the Bale rant piss me off. Bale may have gone off on that poor guy and exposed himself at the most as an asshole with some anger management issues, but it's not comparable to a total abusive psycopath making threats against someone's life.

But ain't a comforting thought to think of Batman kicking Gibson's ass? :wink:

Paraphrasing here. But this was Tracy Morgan on Jay Leno last night:

"I see you were playing the Mel Gibson tapes. They're selling like hotcakes in Compton. Calling women bitches, using the N word. That ain't nothin but hip hop."

I swear that dude is a living comic genius. God, I love him. The whole interview was hilarious.

:up:

On a serious note though, I feel bad for all parties involved, and I hope for Gibson that he gets some serious help this time, he's a talented artist, and it would be a damn shame if his career ended with this foul taste in everyone's mouth.

Also, I feel really bad for Jodie Foster because her upcoming movie will probably be buried now... unless the studio wants to cash in on Gibson playing on unstable character in it, but that would just be oh so tasteless.

Also, I feel really bad for Jodie Foster because her upcoming movie will probably be buried now... unless the studio wants to cash in on Gibson playing on unstable character in it, but that would just be oh so tasteless.

Oh, that's true, I forgot about this. :( I love Jodie Foster and it looks like a good film. I'll definitely watch it but it's a shame you're probably right, the film will be kinda of blacklashed even with good reviews. :(

That's why I have problems with people not separating the artist from the art. :(

If you're going to be an asshole, you have to live with the consequences.

Having your former and future work colored by your behavior is a consequence.

If you're going to be an asshole, you have to live with the consequences.

Having your former and future work colored by your behavior is a consequence.

Sure, but his life should be affected, not his art... I know, it's a grey area and it's hard for some people to act like he's a different person (the character he's potraying) when on the screen, but it makes me sad that good films can lose their appeal because of that.

:shrug:

It's easier for me to say this stuff because I never really cared about Mel Gibson or his films one way or the other. It's easy for me to say I'm "giving up" his movies, because honestly, I can live with that just fine. His films were never must-sees for me.

My favourite part of that article:

3926774.jpg

:shrug:

It's easier for me to say this stuff because I never really cared about Mel Gibson or his films one way or the other. It's easy for me to say I'm "giving up" his movies, because honestly, I can live with that just fine. His films were never must-sees for me.

Same here, except for Apocalypto, but I'm talking about every artist. Anyway, I was responsible for a few pages of off-topic posts on this very same thread :wink:, so let's leave it at that.
Now back to Mel Gibson is a prick. :love: :lol:

Well, don't worry. There will still be a lot of people who will still be fans of him and his films, no matter what happens, because that's the way it goes.

Well, don't worry. There will still be a lot of people who will still be fans of him and his films, no matter what happens, because that's the delightful society we live in.

Actually I would be really pleased if he lost all his fans, and it still would be a cheap price to pay for what he did. My thing is with people boycotting films and things like that.
Of course, I don't have anything against someone who does this, it's a rational decision after all; one which I have nothing to do with. What I say is to point that Gibson is not the only one involved in his films, being the main star or not, so it would be kind of unfair to ignore his films, in my opinion, of course.
Y'know, I'm saying: hate him as much as you want (I know I hate him), but outside the screen, there he's another person... I mean, if it's possible to try that, I know it's hard... and this goes more for other actors since Gibson doesn't happen to be a very talended actor, if talented at all.
Maybe I'm saying a lot of bullshit too. :wink:

Los Angeles, July 15th (EFE) - The agents investigating the alleged Mel Gibson agressions against his russian ex-girfriend Oskana Grigorieva have "serious" doubts about the complaints, after analysing photos and a video presented by her, the site "TMZ" informed today.

"There's no internal or external evidence of violence", said poliicial sources to the site.

Given the lack of concrete proof, authorities are questioning if Oskana was attacked on the face by Gibson like she said on her statement to the Police last week.

The actor's ex-girlfriend assured that he attacked her several times and that, due to one of the supposed agressions, she lost one of her teeth.

The russian's dentist denied that she had lost a teeth. However, he said that she went to his clinic to whiten the porcelain that covers her teeth, which was damaged.

According to "TMZ", the agents now evaluate the possibilty that the imperfections on her teeth were cause by Oskana herself.

Also, sources close to Gibson assure that there are proof that the actor's ex-girlfriend tried to blackmail him so her recordings of him weren't publicized.

Apparently, Osakna would have requested $10 million in exchange of not revealing the content of those tapes, which now are being analyzed by the Police.

Gibson's ex-wife, Robyn Moore, defended him this thursday and assured that she never during their 30-year marriage suffered "any kind" of physical abuse by her ex-husband.
Translated (sorry if it's not very well translated by the way) by me from here.

Oh dear.

Well, if this all turns out to be a big sham, I will stop calling him an abuser ... but the asshole label will still stand.

However, I have no problem whatsoever in assuming the worst of him, because I'm loathe to have my default setting be "oh, she's making it up." The default seems to be that the woman is lying, or to play another kind of victim-blaming card. ("She's a gold-digger!" "She's trapping him!") That's bullshit; let's change that.

Domestic violence is awfully prevelant. I'm fine with assuming the worst of Mel Gibson for the time being.

Judge me if you will. :)

Back
Top Bottom