Stay Classy Mel Gibson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only listened to about a minute of Gibson's rants (on a news site that bleeped out quite a bit of it), but I was surprised by what seemed like a lack of passion (pun intended ;) ) and/or animation from him. Perhaps I'm just used to people who really yell and scream when they argue, but this seems oddly reserved to me (in volume, not necessarily language used).

...and now everyone is thinking "wow, indra, must be fun times at your house!" :happy: :uhoh: :reject:

I've only listened to about a minute of Gibson's rants (on a news site that bleeped out quite a bit of it), but I was surprised by what seemed like a lack of passion (pun intended ;) ) and/or animation from him. Perhaps I'm just used to people who really yell and scream when they argue, but this seems oddly reserved to me (in volume, not necessarily language used).

Not the one that happened to wake me up this afternoon. Took a nap and had the TV on and he was screaming/barking at a really loud volume. Sounded insane to me - I wondered if he was high or drunk to be honest.

Not the one that happened to wake me up this afternoon. Took a nap and had the TV on and he was screaming/barking at a really loud volume. Sounded insane to me - I wondered if he was high or drunk to be honest.

That's oddly comforting. I like my crazy people to be over-the-top crazy. :)

Oh geez look guys, we Aussies don't want him back!! We really can't take in any more crazies, not to mention half-arsed actors - last decent role he had was in Gallipoli, fine fine movie. He's not one of us anyway, he was born in the US right??? :yes:

she is no innocent victim, if you take the time to listen, she intentionally antagonizes him to get him to the point of a raving maniac

if he didn't have the kid with her, he may have been able to walk away and turn it over to lawyers

her tapes are hardly an unbiased representation of their affairs

Oh yeah, that totally justifies making death threats against your wife.

As far as I'm concerned, she was doing what she had to do to get away from an abusive asshole. If that means doing what you need to do to get him on tape making death threats and admitting to hitting you and your freaking baby, then good for her.

No one would have believed her if she just went around saying her celebrity husband threatened and hit her. Now she has proof.

I did call him a raving maniac.

and if you look back through this threat, I have not defended him.

the odd thing is that some people that have jumped on him have been tolerant and sympathetic of a 42 year old man, drugging and and forcefully sodomizing and anally raping a 13 year old girl.

Yes, I would agree that's "odd."

Although I'd take a bet that the people jumping on one and sympathetic of the other are piling on Mel about the racist stuff, rather than being horrified at the misogyny and death threats.

she is no innocent victim, if you take the time to listen, she intentionally antagonizes him to get him to the point of a raving maniac

if he didn't have the kid with her, he may have been able to walk away and turn it over to lawyers

her tapes are hardly an unbiased representation of their affairs

I don't know about the specific instances of these tapes-but I'd be willing to bet that Mel and his "people" (can't believe he has any people left but even the worst people manage somehow) have been floating much of the theories about these tapes, and about her. But do you honestly believe that these tapes represent the first and only time he ever acted like this because he was framed, set up, antagonized? Your honest intelligent opinion, not devil's advocate playing.

I don't care how biased or antagonistic or edited those tapes may or may not me-the guy certainly comes across as a crazed abusive bastard. I'm familiar with verbal and emotional abuse, and I did nothing to deserve it. No matter what she did or didn't do she didn't deserve rape or death threats.

That child is INNOCENT and certainly doesn't deserve it either.

Misogyny is more accepted than racism is. Both are evil-but that's the way it is in my opinion.

I don't know about the specific instances of these tapes-but I'd be willing to bet that Mel and his "people" (can't believe he has any people left but even the worst people manage somehow) have been floating much of the theories about these tapes, and about her. But do you honestly believe that these tapes represent the first and only time he ever acted like this because he was framed, set up, antagonized? Your honest intelligent opinion, not devil's advocate playing.

that's a very good question, thanks for asking
people do tend to have patterns of behavior.

that is what buried Bill Clinton, his philandering made him an easy target, and there was a pattern, so when accusations were leveled they seem plausible.

Again, please hear me here, the terrible things Gibson is heard saying are despicable. And domestic violence is never excusable. I currently have two female friends that have restraining orders against exes.

The thing is, we have that one drunk driving anti-Semitic rant, and this episode with Oksana secretly taping and selectively releasing.

With Jesse James and Tiger Woods we had people coming out of the wood work with stories to sell, wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

Where are the Gibson victims with their stories to sell ?

Interns, associates that have suffer his rage and abuse, you think a few would have a ranting voice mail from Mel, if this was truly his regular M O.

Instead we have Whoopli saying he comes over to her house and hugs her kids.

If Oksana is the only person he unloaded on, it is still very wrong.

I am just not ready to paint him as a dangerous, completely despicable person. I could easily go there on Polanski. A one time child rape is enough,

Touching, striking a woman is wrong,
Rhianna and Nicole Simpson got beat,
Oksana's picture is not good, but if Gibson let loose on her, he would have done enough damage to have sealed his fate.

Plenty of abusers have plenty of other people in their lives who think they're fine people-in fact, that's their mo. It helps them hide it and get away with it and make the other person look like a crazy liar.

Maybe one day they make it onto the news for eventually killing the person-and all the neighbors and co workers are just stunned. He was a nice guy..

Mel was a nice guy too- his drinking just made him say racist and anti-Semitic things, and well that one woman just pushed his buttons.

I don't know why no one else has said things about Mel and honestly I don't care. Because even if she set him up in those tapes, antagonized him, manipulated him, used him, spent all his money, faked photos, edited tapes-he's still one angry sick man in need of serious help. I wouldn't want him around a child either.

I don't disagree with anything you said

you just asked if I thought it was the only time

when this thing broke, I thought it might be like the Tiger thing, where we would start hearing about other episodes of his rage

I'm weirded out that these tapes are public at all. I can see taking them to the police or court to get a restraining order or possibly a judgement against him, but making them public -- no matter how bad they are -- just seems like an attention whore move.

I'm not a Gibson fan -- I remember reading an article about him in the early eighties and thinking "ewww...not someone I'd like to know", but I'm not particularly comfortable with a trial by media either.

that's it

it's not that I am with Gibson, I certainly am not, at all.

it's just that I am not 100 per cent on board with Oksanka, she has manipulated this with Gibson stupidly playing into her hands.

I am 100 per cent against any and all domestic violence

as for Polanski, at least 7 or 8 other people brought him up in this thread first, and most seemed to be more forgiving of his much more substantial crime

A furious Mel Gibson said, “I want Jew blood on my hands,” his girlfriend of three years, Oksana Grigorieva, told authorities who are investigating the actor for domestic abuse, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

It’s a fresh example of the hate-filled speech that has helped make the actor infamous.

The anti-Semitic slur was allegedly made by Mel in reference to a high-profile Hollywood figure who is Jewish and who Mel believed had “publicly humiliated” him.

Gibson hired individuals to place this person under surveillance, Oksana told authorities.

“Oksana says Mel told her, ‘I want Jew blood on my hands,’ and said he wanted the person taken to the desert, stripped naked, knee capped and left in the heat,” a source close to one of the investigations involving Mel told RadarOnline.com exclusively.

Well given Mel's history it seems entirely plausible. How sad is that?

Mel-"I'll destroy his sippy cup too"

harveycup_defamer.flv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom