Stay Classy... Anchorman! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Anchorman 2- 12/20/2013. Great Odin's Raven!

Less than a month!
__________________

__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #32
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,042
Local Time: 11:42 PM
Just saw it. I thought it was great. Not really a touch on the first one -what is? - but there were plenty of laughs, a lot of satisfying callbacks and some great cameos.

 
Loved the little subversive nod to the type of news that gets ratings and the gradual progression to that... Wasn't expecting commentary. The only bit I didn't like was his relationship with his black female boss. It was unnecessary, made little sense, the gags were predictable and save for a few weren't funny, and the race aspect of it made me uncomfortable. He was an ignorant buffoon at the dinner table, but a minute later she was apologising to him in a cab.


Also Kanye.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 07:42 AM
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Just saw it. I thought it was great. Not really a touch on the first one -what is? - but there were plenty of laughs, a lot of satisfying callbacks and some great cameos.

 
Loved the little subversive nod to the type of news that gets ratings and the gradual progression to that... Wasn't expecting commentary. The only bit I didn't like was his relationship with his black female boss. It was unnecessary, made little sense, the gags were predictable and save for a few weren't funny, and the race aspect of it made me uncomfortable. He was an ignorant buffoon at the dinner table, but a minute later she was apologising to him in a cab.


Also Kanye.
Thank you for that mini review. I heard roughly the same thing. Probably won't see this in theaters, but I'll probably get it on the black market.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #34
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,813
Local Time: 04:42 AM
I liked it a lot more than I expected to. Too much effort was put into making it the exact same movie as the first one and the characterizations were disastrous in spots (Brick is unintelligent, not from another dimension), but I thought the script was great and the spirit that made the original special was left intact.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #35
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 04:42 AM
I completely disagree with you on that Cobbler I laughed through the whole scene

 
I mean, sure it was uncomortable, but that was the point. These movies are both supposed to be existing in a time period and that time period included him being uncomfortable and trying to (idiotically) bridge the race gap he viewed present, when it wasn't. His inability to "read the room" was brought up more than once in the film.

Anyways, I was so damn happy. All I really wanted out of this movie was for Ron and Veronica to not stay split up and thanks to that, I was more than pleased.

Audience loved the film too, the kid was a horrible actor and that was brilliant, the call-backs to the last movie weren't shoe-horned in like I had feared they would be. They definitely took care when they wrote this script and it came through.

And I wouldn't say that was a little nod to popular news, it was basically the whole plot. Thought it was really well done. I'm glad we had a few different villains in the film but nothing over-the-top like the feud between Ron and Veronica because, really, how can you top that?

The bit with the shark was just the kind of stupid I wanted out of this film.

And, finally, last, but not least:

Liam Neeson made me choke on my popcorn when he showed up. I purposely didn't look to see who the cameos were going to be and I couldn't have been happier because of it. I laughed so hard, biggest response from me of the whole film.

The one and only thing about the film that completely threw me off was how much bigger the budget obviously was. The production values of this film looked absolutely nothing like the last one. They didn't look like they were filmed in the same universe at all, you could just tell that everything about this film was more expensive and that threw me off a bit throughout.


Basically: Anchorman is one of my favorite movies ever and I was very nervous about this sequel, but they did the original film justice and I am completely satisfied with what we got here today.

Also, Kanye is the worst actor...of all time.

Oh and

 
HE'S A WERE-HYENA!


EDIT:

 
Oh my God, it's a real phrase!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werehyena
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #36
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,042
Local Time: 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I completely disagree with you on that Cobbler I laughed through the whole scene

 
I mean, sure it was uncomortable, but that was the point. These movies are both supposed to be existing in a time period and that time period included him being uncomfortable and trying to (idiotically) bridge the race gap he viewed present, when it wasn't. His inability to "read the room" was brought up more than once in the film.

Anyways, I was so damn happy. All I really wanted out of this movie was for Ron and Veronica to not stay split up and thanks to that, I was more than pleased.

Audience loved the film too, the kid was a horrible actor and that was brilliant, the call-backs to the last movie weren't shoe-horned in like I had feared they would be. They definitely took care when they wrote this script and it came through.

And I wouldn't say that was a little nod to popular news, it was basically the whole plot. Thought it was really well done. I'm glad we had a few different villains in the film but nothing over-the-top like the feud between Ron and Veronica because, really, how can you top that?

The bit with the shark was just the kind of stupid I wanted out of this film.

And, finally, last, but not least:

Liam Neeson made me choke on my popcorn when he showed up. I purposely didn't look to see who the cameos were going to be and I couldn't have been happier because of it. I laughed so hard, biggest response from me of the whole film.

The one and only thing about the film that completely threw me off was how much bigger the budget obviously was. The production values of this film looked absolutely nothing like the last one. They didn't look like they were filmed in the same universe at all, you could just tell that everything about this film was more expensive and that threw me off a bit throughout.


Basically: Anchorman is one of my favorite movies ever and I was very nervous about this sequel, but they did the original film justice and I am completely satisfied with what we got here today.

Also, Kanye is the worst actor...of all time.

Oh and

 
HE'S A WERE-HYENA!


EDIT:

 
Oh my God, it's a real phrase!
Werehyena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
With regards to that scene

 
Really what made me a little uncomfortable was Linda went from being an aggressive, powerful boss, who was disgusted with the Channel 4 News Team's behaviour, to hopelessly attracted to Ron Burgundy with no exposition whatsoever. I get that the dinner was time-specific (and the jokes at the dinner were the ones I laughed at, particularly when he called the family "pipe-hittin' bitches") but after all that she was apologising to him in the cab. It didn't work for me.

Also the shark stuff was pretty dumb, yeah.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I liked it a lot more than I expected to. Too much effort was put into making it the exact same movie as the first one and the characterizations were disastrous in spots (Brick is unintelligent, not from another dimension), but I thought the script was great and the spirit that made the original special was left intact.
Brick gave me some of the biggest laughs of the whole film.
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #37
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,813
Local Time: 04:42 AM
It's not that I didn't find Brick funny, he absolutely was, it was just a classic example of writers taking a quirky character people loved and and turning them into something truly wacky to crank up the lulz.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #38
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,042
Local Time: 11:42 PM
Also yeah, Kanye can't act based on Anchorman 2. I hate to say it but Drake had him covered.

Found this an interesting read... Will Ferrell Says Working With Kanye West On 'Anchorman 2' Meant Listening To A Lot Of 'Yeezus'

Quote:
"It was very surreal to have Kanye -- who's such a big fan of comedy -- in our movie hanging out for two days", he said. "He was playing the new tracks a lot -- over and over. Even when you're trying to film, he's playing the tracks."

The "tracks" are the ones that comprise "Yeezus," which was released in June, right around the same time West filmed his cameo for "Anchorman 2." Naturally, the cast and crew were too intimidated to ask West to stop blaring his music on the set.

"We got a scared 18-year-old intern to ask him to turn them down," Ferrell joked before revealing that West lingered around the set after his scenes were finished. "He hung out, even after we said, 'You're done'. He was like, 'no, no' and stayed in the background, hanging out and fighting with people."
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #39
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Kanye West is a man-child.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #40
Refugee
 
Globo14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,207
Local Time: 06:42 AM
Saw this last night. Tons of good laughs. The last half of the movie was kind of ridiculous, but I went to see a ridiculous movie, so I walked out happy.
__________________
Globo14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 07:42 AM
After almost a year that the movie came out, I finally caught The Legend Continues on Epix this weekend. I agree, the shark scene was dumb, but for the most part the movie was funny. They showed the original and the super sized version which was 30 minutes longer. Not sure which I like better yet. Anyone have a preference?
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 04:42 AM
I greatly prefer the first, but that doesn't negate how much I loved that sequel.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I greatly prefer the first, but that doesn't negate how much I loved that sequel.
Which version of the sequel did you like? The original or the super sized version?
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 04:42 AM
I still haven't seen the super-sized. I forgot all about it. Looking forward to it.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 07:42 AM

The super sized version was amusing, but the original cut is a little more concise. The first Anchorman is better than both of them.
__________________

__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anchorman, bigfoot's dick, i love lamp, ron burgundy, sex panther, will ferrell

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com