Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Martin does have a floppy JarJar Binks quality. I can see that.

"Jar Jar! Stay away from the conscious uncoupling!"

118_Jar-Jar_Tounge_HR.jpg

Agreed. I really liked him on this. His character had good chemistry with Finn.

Anyways, I didn't post any thoughts, but this movie made me really happy. I had a stupid smile on my face throughout, even through the plot issues that others have pointed out. But it was a fully realized homage with fully realized characters, in my view. And some beautiful sequences.

I don't want to go do the Ring of Kerry again, but you have to if you want to get to Skellig Michael. So I guess I'll be heading there on a future trip.

Didn't go to the Blaskets either, but the Dingle Peninsula is amazing.

I've been on two 2-week trips, and still haven't seen anything on the lower east coast (Cork, Waterford, etc), or Belfast. And a bunch of stuff in the middle. I have a ton of other places on my to-go list, but I feel like I'll probably just keep going to Ireland. Ha.

In Star Wars stuff, I'm seeing it again Saturday night with a friend. Yay!

Some other fantastic stuff in Ireland are Mount Brandon, climbing it, on the Dingle Peninsula. The Aran Islands off the coast of County Galway and County Clare. 3 beautiful Islands with ancient stone forts, huge cliffs, mystery, fascinating culture and night life. Who knows, perhaps Episode VIII and IX will do some filming in these locations.

I saw it with my girlfriend on Sunday and we both nerded out hard. I don't think it was the best Star Wars movie (V) but it was top 3 for sure. Definitely glad I saw it in 3D since I'll only see it once in the theatre, and definitely excited to see it again as soon as I get the chance to watch a decent copy at home.

When Rey was on the island, did anyone else think she was going to find a hatch?

The newbies are solid. Boyega is fantastic. Otherwise I can't drum up a whole lot of enthusiasm for this.

It was a significantly better watch the second time (and on IMAX).

It's sort of like your first show of a U2 tour -- it's impossible to go in without expectations, and I tend to over analyze and over think and am never fully in the moment. The second or third shows are always a better experience because you can let go and enjoy.

A lot of supposed plot holes actually aren't as such, and it took a second viewing, for me, to really appreciate the beauty and scale of this world, as well as the tangibility of it all. It's still too fast and a bit too much of an overcorrection and a lot of the mysticism has been lost for greater intensity. But, still. Wow.

I'm of the Kenobi theory. She's no "scavenger," and she knows it.

I expected to really like it but, and even coming from a position of almost zero reverence for the original films, this has a weird feeling of coming off like fan fic through and through. Which I don't get at all from Abrams' Trek films which are almost admittedly that in construction.

It's clearly reminding it's audience what it is they used to love and promising not to ever mention the prequels again, but the story seemed much more substantial the second time around, and much more to unpack in 8 and 9.

I was a little less excited about it on the second viewing, because half the fun of the first viewing was the excitement and surprise.

also, I was a little disappointed by the sound on my second viewing. That opening music needs to be louder, yo. If I go a third time, I'll hit up the IMAX for full immersion in the music.

:gah: just lost my whole post
I very much liked to very much loved it

Hope to see it in the biggest imaxscreen in NYC later this week :hyper:

Will comment more when I'm on computer kb and not my new tablet If this screen KB has back space key that doesn't erase the letters I haven't found it yet haven't had time read the on-line manual :der: will have to get a screen stylus :D

Cori- fabulous photo!

I was a little less excited about it on the second viewing, because half the fun of the first viewing was the excitement and surprise.

:up:
Being a huge Star Wars and Batman geek, the opening night shows are so exciting and I just sit back and enjoy. The other viewings are bit of a let down because it can't possibly replicate the fun and excitement I had the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

When Rey was on the island, did anyone else think she was going to find a hatch?

No, but that would have been funny if the hooded figure was actor Terry O'Quinn and he turned around, took the hood off and said, "Hello, my name is John Locke, what are you looking for"?

So just back from a week at Disney World and as expected they have gone Star Wars crazy, especially at Hollywood Studios.

Added a TFA scene in the Star Tours ride, you follow the Falcon on Jakku being chased by Tie Fighters and end up inside a skeleton of a Star Cruiser where scavengers pull the Star Tours logo from the ship. Its cool, but its the only option currently for the 2nd segment of the ride where you used to get 3 possibilities, so takes a little of the fun out of repeat riding, and it took away the pod race scene which was one of the best. They did do a couple of minor tweaks to the Naboo scene where you crash under water, sometimes instead of a waving Gungan ducking out of your way, you get a swimming Gungan that splats off the windshield, which was funny.

And instead of the one Star Wars gift shop at the end of the ride (Tatooine Traders), there's now also "Watto's Grotto" and "Star Wars Launch Bay" where you can get your picture taken with Chewbacca and Darth Vader, then head to the gift shop and purchase an authentic Vader replica costume for the low low price of $4,000.00 or a Han Solo outfit for $750.00 and so on.
There's two 10 minute Star Wars movies, "Path of the Jedi" and another on at the Launch Bay Theater.

Never have I seen so many folks purchasing light sabers (the line for the build your own light saber at Tatooune Traders was endless), and there was Star Wars merch for sale everywhere including a plastic Vader helmet full of popcorn and this beauty:

a BB-8 soda cup that the wife spent 12 bucks on.

And my son awoke this morning to his new BB-8 alarm clock (40 bucks, but his uncle gave him a fifty for Christmas to spend at Disney, so I had no say in the matter). He also got a green light up light saber, cause he needed one to go with his blue light up light saber and his purple plastic light saber.

Apparently in 2017 they are opening a whole larger Star Wars area, they have had the back lot tram tour closed for over a year so I assume its going there, though didn't look like they'd done any construction as yet.

Just read a great fan theory that makes some sense.

Talks about Kylo's master plan to confront And destroy Snoke with Rey's help. He was sincere in saying help me to Han, by allowing him to sacrifice him for the greater good in order to convince Snoke that he is worthy to delve deeper into the Dark Side. This sacrifice will enable him to get closer to Snoke in person. He needs Rey's power to balance the light and dark in a united front against the core of evil in Snoke. He offers to train her during the light saber duel.

The story arc may involve the alliance of all the new characters to finally confront the dark side in VIII and IX

http://uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-kylo-ren-theory/

Another nugget as to the mystery of Snoke. Could it be he is an evil Sith spirit of the dark side of Anakin?

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1452062115.808231.jpg

Perhaps when Kylo looks at Vaders mask and says he will complete what you started. He is speaking to Anakin when he turned against Palpatine in ROTJ.

We are left with many mysteries at the end of VII. There has to be an intriguing structure already set-up for VIII an IX with some jaw dropping reveals

There's this One more thing (Columbo moment). Does Luke have a Frodo complex? In that he has touched evil and must put himself into exile to protect those around him.
During his temptation with Palpatine in ROTJs climax he certainly feels the dark side as he battles Vader. Is their the same seduction of power that we see with the Ring and those who touch it? Luke has more of a brooding presence in Jedi from his dark clothing, tricking Jabba, and the funeral pyre scene with Vader. Plus he never completed his training with Yoda and could be vulnerable to his father's shortcomings. Could he be a wildcard-conflicted character in the next episode? His final reveal in VII shows a face full of mystery. I don't see him as all smiles as he trains Rey with fun Jedi action montages.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom