Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen him in a couple of other things. He's awful. I don't get it either.

Shattered Glass.

But he plays an asshole and a phony actor (not a professional one though) in that so it fits him like a glove.

That's one of the movies I thought he was terrible in, Shattered Glass. But, at least the end had some redemption value.

Episode VIII release slated for May 26, 2017

They will never make that release date. And after Ep 7 makes eleventy billion, Disney will convince themselves that December was the way to go anyway.

I do like hearing that Felicity Jones is in the standalone. She's a doll.

I dunno...Disney honestly figured they could get Episode VII into theaters by this May. It was supposedly Abrams holding it back (like he did with the Star Trek films) because he wanted more time to tweak it...rumor is that he wanted to release Episode VII in Spring of 2016, but Disney totally bawked because they want this cash cow to finally start earning the big bucks.

So, most likely, I could see filming beginning pretty soon on Episode VIII. If they're done by early Fall, that would give them over 18 months to work on the special effects (which they've probably already begun working on, anyway, given they know the script/story for the sequel films and can also re-use any locales/CG characters/things that are in Episode VII as well).

On the other hand, it's also possible that they will want to start filming right after Episode VII enters theaters. That way, the cast list for Episode VIII won't spoil who lives/dies from the previous installment.

Abrams has actually been fighting Disney to release it this summer, from what I've read. Wouldn't be ready for May but I think he was looking at August.

Star Wars in December is and will always be asinine.

So, most likely, I could see filming beginning pretty soon on Episode VIII. If they're done by early Fall, that would give them over 18 months to work on the special effects (which they've probably already begun working on, anyway, given they know the script/story for the sequel films and can also re-use any locales/CG characters/things that are in Episode VII as well).

On the other hand, it's also possible that they will want to start filming right after Episode VII enters theaters. That way, the cast list for Episode VIII won't spoil who lives/dies from the previous installment.

Do they even have a script in place for Ep 8? Not that I've heard. The latest news implies it's still being written (natural without Ep 7 being firmly in the can yet) Without a script, they are a long way away.

Abrams finalized the Ep 7 script in January of 2014. The release date, as you know, is almost two years later and that was potentially with lots of pre-production taking place while he was polishing off the script with Kasdan.

I got goosebumps (although that happens whenever I hear that music). I don't care if the movie itself ends up sucking. I like the excitement.

This movie already feels way too wink-and-a-nod fan servicey to me. It still looks pretty great. But I feel like J.J. is doing the same kind of thing in that regard he's done with the Trek movies, except I fall way more in line with TOS Trek fanaticism than I do wrt Star Wars so I think I was ok with that. Meaning I was a sucker. But ok with it.

This movie already feels way too wink-and-a-nod fan servicey to me. It still looks pretty great. But I feel like J.J. is doing the same kind of thing in that regard he's done with the Trek movies, except I fall way more in line with TOS Trek fanaticism than I do wrt Star Wars so I think I was ok with that. Meaning I was a sucker. But ok with it.

I thought ST fans hate Abrams for ret-conning everything?

Darth Maul was fantastic villain.... Im with Cori, goosebumps!!

I'm fully torqued after watching that trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Holy shit. The crashed Star Destroyer. Wow. Daisy Ridley and John Boyega. Gorgeous.

The guy with the hood and the mask with the sort-of chrome grill and the red lightsaber...are we thinking this is the main villain?

"We're home"...so Corellia then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom