Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a pretty much unanimous response to the posts is sufficient.
To ban every person that enters this forum and posts poorly without giving them a bit of time to experience a learning curve will only kill this place off.

Just look at the posts under any article on CNN or any other news site.
80% or more are worse that what that guy posted. Posters in here have come around to our higher standards when given a chance or two or three.

"Posts poorly"?

I'm sorry, but referencing Trayvon Martin in a humorous way because a little-known black actor is featured in a Star Wars trailer betrays more than poor judgement, but a complete lack of sensitivity.

And it should be met with a hostile response and harsh disciplinary action. This isn't a fucking public CNN site where any wingnut can comment, but a community where people are registered. Being a member of Interference isn't a right, but a privilege allowed by those who run it, and to a lesser extent, the other members who determine whether or not someone is being offensive.

From what I remember, you're in Orange Country, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this doesn't bother you.

if you have ever looked at any of my posts on race in this place you would see my position if real clear.

I took the time to look at this guy's posts and see that almost all of them are in the true U2 fan threads with these 2 here in FYM
I don't know what kind of an environment this person has been raised in, but given time and interaction with other people one can change their views.

also, you may consider painting with a broad bush, about me living in OC shows bias thinking on your part.

Misguided or not, I could've let the first post slide if he hadn't come in here and tried to make another.

Either this dude should be banned or we collectively ignore him and move on.

OK. I am sorry. I made the second post after Lazarus said you at least a racist joke could have been more timely. Misreading it as some sort of forgiveness.

I was on some of the IMDB boards earlier in the day and some of the comments were so vile I was probably just desensitized with respect to the clip. Bad choices all around on my part given the civility of the board. I have seen some members jawing back and forth at each other threads in a crude manner. So much can be lost in translation behind a keyboard.

I'm not some hillbilly who needs to be re-educated. I am well-versed in current events and would love to chime in more on the boards.

OK. I am sorry. I made the second post after Lazarus said you at least a racist joke could have been more timely. Misreading it as some sort of forgiveness.

I was on some of the IMDB boards earlier in the day and some of the comments were so vile I was probably just desensitized with respect to the clip. Bad choices all around on my part given the civility of the board. I have seen some members jawing back and forth at each other threads in a crude manner. So much can be lost in translation behind a keyboard.

I'm not some hillbilly who needs to be re-educated. I am well-versed in current events and would love to chime in more on the boards.

You still don't get it, as evidenced by even this most recent post. Aside from what should be the patently obvious and glaring difference between members who know one another "jawing crudely" at one another in jest and outright racist, completely ignorant, not at all funny and grossly insensitive attempt at humour at the expense of the memory of dead kids murdered at the hands of other racist pieces of shit.....you actually legit don't like the fact that there is a black actor playing a storm trooper, and you don't like that he was given the lead-in shot in the trailer. That part is not "lost in translation" at all, you clearly think it's clunky and it was the only part of the trailer you didn't like. You didn't like it so much that you took to cruising the IMDB board discussion on it. I shudder to wonder what your contribution, if any, was over there.

You don't like it because of a few possibilities: you don't think storm troopers can be black, you don't want a black actor having a feature part in your sacred mostly white movie, you think he looks like Trayvon Martin (incredible!), a black guy gave you a dirty look the other day...who knows and who cares...but all these possibilities boil down to being the type of person who doesn't want a black guy in the gang and who takes to Internet forums to let that be known. There's nothing lost in translation about that, either. It's loud and clear.

Sent from my ass crack

I was going to post a comment about the trailer, but I think I'll wait a while.

I'll just say I think everyone needs to remove their heads from their asses in here.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You still don't get it, as evidenced by even this most recent post. Aside from what should be the patently obvious and glaring difference between members who know one another "jawing crudely" at one another in jest and outright racist, completely ignorant, not at all funny and grossly insensitive attempt at humour at the expense of the memory of dead kids murdered at the hands of other racist pieces of shit.....you actually legit don't like the fact that there is a black actor playing a storm trooper, and you don't like that he was given the lead-in shot in the trailer. That part is not "lost in translation" at all, you clearly think it's clunky and it was the only part of the trailer you didn't like. You didn't like it so much that you took to cruising the IMDB board discussion on it. I shudder to wonder what your contribution, if any, was over there.

You don't like it because of a few possibilities: you don't think storm troopers can be black, you don't want a black actor having a feature part in your sacred mostly white movie, you think he looks like Trayvon Martin (incredible!), a black guy gave you a dirty look the other day...who knows and who cares...but all these possibilities boil down to being the type of person who doesn't want a black guy in the gang and who takes to Internet forums to let that be known. There's nothing lost in translation about that, either. It's loud and clear.

:up:

So back to the trailer...the lightsaber is cool. No worries about the person using it cutting themselves...they supposedly have the force afterall. Right?

ljJyvZK.jpg

The lightsaber was the only lame part about this trailer...my real concern with what we've seen so far is that the villain could just be another stock character...like if someone said "Episode 7 and there's a member of the Sith who..." it would be exactly what I'd have expected. Basically, I'm just worried that it will be some dull looking villain similar in look to that in Star Trek Nemesis and the Star Trek reboot.

Otherwise, I know the franchise is in good hands. It'll be a cakewalk for this to exceed the prequels and almost a given that it's better than Return of the Jedi.

This slays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

Also, why would Obi-Wan give Luke to some guy on Tattooine that he doesn't know anything about? He never meets Owen Lars in the films nor is there a point where he is given any information as to his connection with Anakain. Prequel Plot Hole #10129.

Also, why would Obi-Wan give Luke to some guy on Tattooine that he doesn't know anything about? He never meets Owen Lars in the films nor is there a point where he is given any information as to his connection with Anakain. Prequel Plot Hole #10129.

So if you didn't see it on screen, it didn't happen?

You aren't ever shown Obi Wan taking a shit either.

So I guess that's also a "plot hole" according to fans like you.

Or you can just assume, using common sense, that Obi Wan does occasionally take a shit. And that he would have looked into the actual family of his (more or less) 'adopted son' at some point.

George Lucas and other creative people are not going to spoonfeed everything to the non-creative portion of their fanbases that need to be spoonfed every last thing. I'm glad to stick up for George and all writers of fiction on this ground. Give me a break.

Or maybe Anakin happened to mention it during the YEARS they spent together as master and padawan during the Clone Wars.

:rolleyes:

Fair point. I'm not a believer in having to see everything on the screen, but it's kind of an important plot point given that we all figured Episode 3 was going to end that way.

It's funny that Anakin falling into the lava while fighting Obi-Wan was really the one part of the prequels he absolutely had to include (or hell, he could have said screw it to earlier canon and had a different way for that to happen)...yet he made three films to pretty much focus on that one damn character. I think everyone not under the age of 12 thinks he should've done some original story with Anakin being a minor role (or a major part of the final film).

Did you seriously just advocate for Anakin Skywalker having minor role in the Star Wars prequels?

This guy becomes Darth Vader, arguably the main antagonist for the entire original trilogy, and you think the prequels just shouldn't have bothered explaining that in any kind of depth?

Maybe I'm not understanding you completely here but what you're suggesting makes less than zero sense to me. If Anakin was going to be a minor character, what the hell else would the prequels have been about exactly?

I hated the story of Anakin the way it was written, and the actor who played him was absolutely brutal, but I think overall there's no way he could have been anything but the main focus of the prequels. In general the story was ok but the acting and dialogue from the character on a line to line scale was atrocious.

Collectively, the prequels concerned the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker. That's the draw and it's not as if there was much else in those films that deserved greater screen time than Anakin's character arc. I think the right idea is there, just truly awful execution. Christensen is Keanu-in-Dracula levels of terrible. In fact, his casting is even more irresponsible.

I honestly haven't got the slightest clue how he got that part in the first place. He hasn't been any better in anything else I've seen (admittedly only clips, but it's very stiff acting in general).

Ka-ching mr Lucas.

One trilogy about Anakin, one trilogy about Vader/Luke Skywalker, this one's about...newbies and old timers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom