Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it definitely looks more like an Abrams film than a,Lucas film. Which is possibly a bad thing. However I love Abrams films and don't care too much about the sanctity of Star Wars so I'm quite on board.

I loved this sucker. Whatever is going on with the hilt blades doesn't seem that big to me, what's curious was the strange tendrils crackling across the body of the blade, really a different feel from the super-polished blades we're accustomed to. Also, the Game of Thrones-esque snowy wood that was in, the X-Wings zooming across the water, the hero shot of the Millennium Falcon. Woof.

Tonally the 30s-serial thing seemed like a good jumping off point for Star Wars to kick start the universe, but by 2014/2015 I think it's hard to not evolve away from that a bit. A bit incestuously, Star Wars may now well be in the same position as the 30+ year old antecedents that Lucas was originally drawing on back in the 70s, where someone can now riff off that and make it their own.

That said, I'll be annoyed if Abrams ends up filming Star Trek again, just with wackier costumes. "Amped up visually for the millenials" describes my nightmares of those movies pretty well.

Wasn't a huge fan of the first shot being Trayvon in the Desert.

Rest of the trailer is badass. Love the X-wings skimming. The detail of the Millennium Falcon cutting through the atmosphere leaving wing vortex trails.

Oh it definitely looks more like an Abrams film than a,Lucas film. Which is possibly a bad thing. However I love Abrams films and don't care too much about the sanctity of Star Wars so I'm quite on board.

I care too much about the sanctity of Star Wars... because of that, I trust more in Abrams than in Lucas.

It's all about Daisy on the speeder.

I liked this.

The trailer looks modern as fuck, but the CGI elements look a lot smoother and realistic than the prequels IMO (which is to be expected), so I'm happy with it. Should be fun if the script is any good.

I had thought that was the actor's name, or something. Wow...that might be one of the worst Interference posts of all time, if it's what you all suggest.

I care too much about the sanctity of Star Wars... because of that, I trust more in Abrams than in Lucas.
Yep. Exactly what I told my son when I heard about new star wars. And I'm a fan from about 1980 or so when I was six.

Maybe you should let your son make up his own mind about Lucas, The prequels, and the new sequels.
Sorry. He's 23 now. Adult conversation. We talk star wars...

He went through childhood thinking that I loved the prequels as much as him. Santa, tooth fairy, what not....

star-wars-force-awakens-memes-19.gif

Just joking. Sorry if I offended anyone. His name is Dan Boyega he was in the last season of 24. Should be good.

:applaud:

Yeah, if you're going to make a racist joke, at least keep up with current events.

But he looked more like Trayvon. Michael Brown is a little chunky for a stormtrooper. It was the only shot in the trailer i thought was kinda clunky.

You don't get to make lighthearted jokes about your original racist comment, racist.

If I ran this board you wouldn't get a warning, you'd be banned immediately and permanently.

Go fuck yourself.

And like, not trying to question your authority, Diemen, and I'm not exactly sure about the rules, but I wonder how our African American members would feel if they saw this post.

This asshole should be getting more than a slap on the wrist for that kind of language, and considering recent events in this country his comment is even more offensive and incendiary.

It wasn't even especially humorous. The reference was so out of date and incendiary that it required me to rethink my assumptions about mankind to understand what was being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom