Old 01-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #646
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:27 AM
hewson, thanks!

Old 01-23-2016, 12:28 AM   #647
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:27 AM
Interference, what do you think of the theory that Snoke is Darth Plagueis? I really want it to be true but I don't think it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 01-23-2016, 12:34 AM   #648
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
Interference, what do you think of the theory that Snoke is Darth Plagueis? I really want it to be true but I don't think it will be.

I think that'd be a fantastic way to tie all 3 trilogies together into one cohesive narrative. That is a very interesting theory, I would like for it to be true. But I don't think they put that much thought into it when they made the movies.

But Snoke surely has to be SOMEBODY! If Snoke was Darth Plagues, then maybe he created Anakin Skywalker, thus making Kylo Ren his great grandson! WHOA!! They could do a whole thing where Snoke created the Skywalker bloodline for a specific reason that we don't entirely know yet.

Ugh... I can't believe I now have to wait until Dec 2017 now!!
Old 01-23-2016, 12:43 AM   #649
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
If Snoke was Darth Plagues, then maybe he created Anakin Skywalker, thus making Kylo Ren his great grandson! WHOA!! They could do a whole thing where Snoke created the Skywalker bloodline for a specific reason that we don't entirely know yet.
This is basically what I'm hoping for, especially as someone who rather likes the prequels and would like to see some ties back to them. I'd like the sequels to feel like a unifying capstone of the whole saga.

But this theory also requires not retconing midi-cholorians, which may cause some distress.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #650
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:27 AM
I like the prequels as well.

But the average mainstream fan doesn't know who Darth Plagueis is, or give a fuck about him even if they did.

So it would be a pretty lame reveal that wouldn't have much impact on the audience.

And I hope Rian Johnson is smarter than that.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:42 PM   #651
Blue Crack Addict

That's just Tito. He wants you for parts.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:05 AM   #652
Blue Crack Addict

I'm sure this has been discussed but I'm thinking about settling in and watching the Clone Wars animated TV series. Is it good? Should I watch the movie first? Looks like the show is more highly regarded than the movie.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:05 AM   #653
Blue Crack Supplier

The movie was terrible.

Also, there are two Clone Wars series. The first started in 2003 and was produced by Genndy Tartakovsky, who was a major contributor to Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, and Samurai Jack. It's more of a hand-drawn look with a classic cartoon feel. Loved this show. It lasted 3 seasons. The first two seasons were made up of short, 3-minute episodes, and the final season were a series of five 12-minute episodes, the final one featuring the kidnapping of Chancellor Palpatine and leading right up to the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_W...2003_TV_series)

The second one is CGI and started in 2008, following the movie you mentioned that was made by the same team. It has less of a personality to it, IMO. Some interesting storylines but I had trouble getting into the whole thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_W...2008_TV_series)

So anyway, if you look for "Season 1" you'll probably get the second series. The Tartakovsky stuff was sold on DVD as Volume 1 (first two seasons) and Volume 2 (third season). The whole series basically takes up about 2 hours of screen time. These are all on YouTube, 25 eps in total.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:10 AM   #654
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

the more recent version of Clone Wars was expanded so much to just pack interesting plots into it. I mean, why reviving Darth Maul? makes no sense.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:48 AM   #655
Blue Crack Addict

Ok thanks Laz. It's the second one I'm going to check out. The entire series is on Netflix. So fuck it. I'm gonna give it a shot.

YOU'RE ALL CLEAR, KID!
Old 01-28-2016, 03:40 AM   #656
Blue Crack Supplier

Damn you.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:45 AM   #657
Blue Crack Addict

Watched the first two episodes. Just ok. Getting to see Plo Koon in action was cool. And a couple of the voice actors are spot on. But the Droid Army is annoying and unfunny. Is Anakin gonna step out on Padme with this hippie lookin long hair apprentice chick?
Old 02-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #658
Blue Crack Addict

I started watching Star Wars Rebels with my younger daughter, as she's turned into a total Star Wars fanatic now. And I gotta admit, it's pretty good, even if Freddie Prinze Jr. is in it.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #659
Blue Crack Supplier

So due to unforeseen events I was unable to see this until a week ago or so. I managed somehow to remain relatively "spoiler-free" and I'm glad I did.

Ok so on one hand it was extremely derivative with almost too much blatant nostalgia and there were several plot holes and questionable story elements buuuuuuut... I pretty much loved it despite all that. I had a grin on my face through the whole ride and despite some relatively minor complaints was able to suspend my disbelief.

I think the greatest compliment I can give it was that it awakened (no pun intended) my love for Star Wars again. The prequels really sucked out a lot of the joy and love I had for the franchise - more than I even realized until I saw this and for that alone it was worth it. I eagerly await the next movie now, I hope they don't disappoint.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:27 AM   #660
Refugee

Local Time: 09:27 PM
Finally saw this. How the fuck did this poorly imagined remake of A New Hope garner such critical acclaim!? It's one thing to enjoy it based on your sense of nostalgia, but for fuck's sake this was like a fanboy's wet-dream of a Star Wars movie. And yeah nothing is completely original in the literal sense, but A New Hope was more of a pastiche of other genres, whereas this simply retreads the same ground without any semblance of originality. Maybe I've just never been a crazed SW fan, so I wasn't drooling over all the fan service dished out by Disney and Abrahams.

Interesting tangential aside: I watched the previous 6 movies (plus Tartakovsky's Clone Wars) in preparation for this one, and I have to say there's some real substance to be found there in those shambolic prequels. So much so that Attack of the Clones through Revenge of the Sith (with the excellent Clone Wars sandwiched in between) was the most satisfying sequence of my marathon viewing. The prequels have some shockingly abysmal lows, but also manage to hit some really high notes (especially the latter two; and even The Phantom Menace has a couple of high points). The Force Awakens has neither those peaks nor troughs, and is the worse off for it by playing it much too safe.