Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2014, 02:48 AM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 35,929
Local Time: 04:14 AM
Hey if he could stumble around blind for the first 30 minutes of Jedi, can't he limp or walk on bionic crutches in this one?
__________________

__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:57 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,562
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Either way, I think he will heal faster than the normal person. Because he's an actor. He pretends for a living which is one of the mightiest skills known to man. So his mind sort of wills his physical being into believing he is superhuman. Therefore, he most likely is.

Also, I've been told that in the 21st century - septuagenarians can do everything that a 20 year old can do. Especially old action stars that don't need any movie magic to help make them appear more physically adept than they actually are.
__________________

__________________
U2DMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 24,280
Local Time: 07:14 AM
HGH is the only way he's back in 2 months.
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 35,929
Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Either way, I think he will heal faster than the normal person. Because he's an actor. He pretends for a living which is one of the mightiest skills known to man. So his mind sort of wills his physical being into believing he is superhuman. Therefore, he most likely is.

Also, I've been told that in the 21st century - septuagenarians can do everything that a 20 year old can do. Especially old action stars that don't need any movie magic to help make them appear more physically adept than they actually are.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:10 PM   #50
Buk
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 119
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post

Also, I've been told that in the 21st century - septuagenarians can do everything that a 20 year old can do. Especially old action stars that don't need any movie magic to help make them appear more physically adept than they actually are.
Some indeed can! I have a friend at age 40 that can run 3 miles in 16 minutes and 53 seconds, and can do 33 pull ups. That's faster than he was at 20 and nearly twice as many pull ups as well. How many 20 year olds can even do one pull up let alone run 3 miles in 30 minutes?
__________________
Buk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,534
Local Time: 08:14 AM
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,562
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk View Post
How many 20 year olds can even do one pull up let alone run 3 miles in 30 minutes?
I don't know. You're going to have to tell me.

I am incapable of practicing ageism.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,058
Local Time: 04:14 AM
Last I checked, 40 isn't considered septuagenarian, not is that number Ford's seen on a birthday cake in quote some time.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 24,280
Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk View Post
. How many 20 year olds can even do one pull up ?
I'd venture its the vast majority.
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #55
Buk
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 119
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I'd venture its the vast majority.
I would hope the majority could, there is a professional Hockey player who can't even do one.
__________________
Buk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #56
Buk
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 119
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Last I checked, 40 isn't considered septuagenarian, not is that number Ford's seen on a birthday cake in quote some time.
I think you missed my point. My friend at 40 not only has not lost any physical strength or speed since he was 20, he is now at 40 stronger and faster. That's 20 years of aging and he is now faster and stronger. What do you think will happen to his 3 mile time and the number of pull up's he can do in the next 30 years given the previous 20?
__________________
Buk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,534
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Omg who fucking cares what does this have to do with anything
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #58
Buk
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 119
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post

I am incapable of practicing ageism.
Ohh, sure, that's why you keep bringing it up.
__________________
Buk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #59
Buk
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 119
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
Omg who fucking cares what does this have to do with anything
LOL, sounds like you care about it passionately!
__________________
Buk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,058
Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk View Post
I think you missed my point. My friend at 40 not only has not lost any physical strength or speed since he was 20, he is now at 40 stronger and faster. That's 20 years of aging and he is now faster and stronger. What do you think will happen to his 3 mile time and the number of pull up's he can do in the next 30 years given the previous 20?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh Shit. I'm dying. So glad the rest of the office is out for the day.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com