Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be incredibly disappointed if they throw out the entire character arc that is Anakin's story. Unlike some people, I don't feel the need to constantly shit on the prequels, and actually think the story (maybe not the acting, but the story) of Anakin Skywalker was a GREAT work.

Apparently in 2017 they are opening a whole larger Star Wars area, they have had the back lot tram tour closed for over a year so I assume its going there, though didn't look like they'd done any construction as yet.

I admit, I can't wait for Star Wars land or whatever it's going to be called to open here at Disney Land.

The newbies are solid. Boyega is fantastic. Otherwise I can't drum up a whole lot of enthusiasm for this.

I agree about Boyega. He felt like the glue holding it all together. I was a little disappointed how he was like a love-struck puppy around Rey, but what he did have to work with he absolutely nailed it.

I admit, I can't wait for Star Wars land or whatever it's going to be called to open here at Disney Land.

The 2016 Griswold Hewson family vacation might be to So Cal/Anaheim late summer to hit up Disneyland and other stuff. I am in need of a break from the Orlando scene, especially during school vacation as we have done the last 3 yrs. Wife is on board and kid is old enough that a cross country flight is no issue. Just wish they'd have an exact re-opening date for Soarin' instead of typical Disney vagueness. I doubt either Soarin' will re-open in summer as they have said. I haven't been to So Cal since the 90's, wife and kid have never been.

I agree about Boyega. He felt like the glue holding it all together. I was a little disappointed how he was like a love-struck puppy around Rey, but what he did have to work with he absolutely nailed it.

He's been pent up in that suit since his teens. Probably didn't have much exposure to women. Man needs some release.

The 2016 Griswold Hewson family vacation might be to So Cal/Anaheim late summer to hit up Disneyland and other stuff. I am in need of a break from the Orlando scene, especially during school vacation as we have done the last 3 yrs. Wife is on board and kid is old enough that a cross country flight is no issue. Just wish they'd have an exact re-opening date for Soarin' instead of typical Disney vagueness. I doubt either Soarin' will re-open in summer as they have said. I haven't been to So Cal since the 90's, wife and kid have never been.

I haven't been yet, but my dad is rolling into town in March, and he was talking about maybe paying for Season passes for Travis and I, since the local resident ones cost about as much as it would for him to take us the three times he's planning on going. If so, I plan on a few madcap Disney Land adventures in my future.

Just read a great fan theory that makes some sense.

Talks about Kylo's master plan to confront And destroy Snoke with Rey's help. He was sincere in saying help me to Han, by allowing him to sacrifice him for the greater good in order to convince Snoke that he is worthy to delve deeper into the Dark Side. This sacrifice will enable him to get closer to Snoke in person. He needs Rey's power to balance the light and dark in a united front against the core of evil in Snoke. He offers to train her during the light saber duel.

The story arc may involve the alliance of all the new characters to finally confront the dark side in VIII and IX

http://uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-kylo-ren-theory/

Another nugget as to the mystery of Snoke. Could it be he is an evil Sith spirit of the dark side of Anakin?

View attachment 10541

Perhaps when Kylo looks at Vaders mask and says he will complete what you started. He is speaking to Anakin when he turned against Palpatine in ROTJ.

These are really bad theories.

Snoke is Darth Plagueis. That's my theory.
Darth Vader/Anakin is the wildcard of the trilogy.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not sure why a writing team determined to distance themselves from the prequels would use an obscure character who never appears on screen and is mentioned once. No one cares.

"I know where you come from...

...before you called yourself Kylo Ren."

Max Von Sydow owns his short screen time and this is one of my favorite line deliveries in the whole movie. The way he spits out the villain's name in disgust.

Last edited:
I still feel cheated about Von Sydow, though. I was really looking forward to him being in this film, and then BAM nothing.

These are really bad theories.

Remember, in V, Vader did say, "Luke, you can destroy the Emperor."

And in VI, the Emperor was actively looking to trade Darth in for a younger model.

Clearly there was some passive-aggressive tension between the two.

I'm sure a Milennial like Kylo Ren, who's probably been given Jedi participation trophies all his life, feels entitled to be the boss even though he's only in his mid-20s. Because Milennials have been indulged by Boomer parents like Han and Leia and told they're so fucking special their whole lives and don't get that they have to work for things and pay their dues.

I'm sure a Milennial like Kylo Ren, who's probably been given Jedi participation trophies all his life, feels entitled to be the boss even though he's only in his mid-20s. Because Milennials have been indulged by Boomer parents like Han and Leia and told they're so fucking special their whole lives and don't get that they have to work for things and pay their dues.

Is he a Millennial if the story happened "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away"?

:wink:

I've seen this twice now. The first time, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie despite the obvious derivative slant. I wondered if going back a second time I'd enjoy it less. But that wasn't the case.

What makes this film is the new characters. You could feel a connection to them, something that the prequels lacked a bit. And while the story so far doesn't blow you away, it has the potential to really go places. It did a great job of laying down the foundation for this new era.

Really can't wait to see what comes next.

Finally got a chance to see SW yesterday. We did the whole 3D IMAX thing. Loved it from to finish. I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter in the new saga.

When I got home, I checked out imdb and I noticed 2 things when I checked out Star Wars there:

-Most of the reviews were negative

-The average rating is at 8.5 out of 10

The negative reviews were hilarious. You'd think that JJ Abrams stopped by these "people's" homes and took a hot piss in their beds. Meanwhile, the folks who enjoyed the film posted their ratings and moved on with life.

Finally got a chance to see SW yesterday. We did the whole 3D IMAX thing. Loved it from to finish. I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter in the new saga.

When I got home, I checked out imdb and I noticed 2 things when I checked out Star Wars there:

-Most of the reviews were negative

-The average rating is at 8.5 out of 10

The negative reviews were hilarious. You'd think that JJ Abrams stopped by these "people's" homes and took a hot piss in their beds. Meanwhile, the folks who enjoyed the film posted their ratings and moved on with life.

The hell man? It took you until January 9th to see this? Good god.

The hell man? It took you until January 9th to see this? Good god.

I definitely wanted to wait until the mania died down slightly. (The theater was still packed anyway.) Plus, I usually get movie gift cards for Christmas, so I wanted to wait for those too. Crazy that it cost over 33 dollars for two tickets to the movies, but we went all out. Then, cashed in some Outback gift cards and got food drunk afterward. Good times.

Yikes. Granted, I saw the standard 2D version, but it cost me $10 to see it twice.

Yeah, we "splurged" for the 3D IMAX because we had a 25 dollar gift card for AMC theaters. Plus, Star Wars. :wink: We also brought along movie theater candy that was also gifted to us to complement the movie gift card. We were gonna buy popcorn, but it was over 6 bucks for a "small". The 3D was awesome and the seats were all comfy recliners with cup holders and ample room to move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom