Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to go do the Ring of Kerry again, but you have to if you want to get to Skellig Michael. So I guess I'll be heading there on a future trip.

Didn't go to the Blaskets either, but the Dingle Peninsula is amazing.

I've been on two 2-week trips, and still haven't seen anything on the lower east coast (Cork, Waterford, etc), or Belfast. And a bunch of stuff in the middle. I have a ton of other places on my to-go list, but I feel like I'll probably just keep going to Ireland. Ha.

In Star Wars stuff, I'm seeing it again Saturday night with a friend. Yay!

Last edited:
I saw it for the third time today. Still awesome.
First time was opening night and I was incredibly hyped. My excitement during opening night was unparalleled to any movie I've seen since the Dark Knight.
The 2nd and 3rd views were a totally different experience. A more analytical and laid back viewing experience. Picked up some more hints and watched the plot develop better.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I kinda did get the feeling seeing it , that the name of the movie should have been Star Wars : All that you can't leave behind.

To continue with the album theme, it's very much the ATYCLB of Star Wars.

Entertaining, moving, warm and eager to please. The first half so assured and masterly, the second half less so. Somehow less than the sum of its parts, yet individual pieces are as good as anything that has come before. Suffers from unoriginality and a need to remind us of what once was great. Too rushed and not enough time to breathe so the big moments don't have impact of the best of the past (ANH = JT; TESB = AB).

I'm devastated by the now departed, hopeful for the future, but I have a feeling we'll be boxed in by the OT and never able to truly take flight.

Biggest complaint is that it was too fast. The reason why 4 and 5 are the best is because there's space for impact. The action never overwhelms the storytelling because, while ridiculous, it's never arbitrary or merely convenient.

On the whole, Sith is a better movie. Despite having lots of awfulness. Nothing here is ever awful. It is safe.

Kylo Ren was my favorite new character.

I'd see it again.

Last edited:
To continue with the album theme, it's very much the ATYCLB of Star Wars.

Entertaining, moving, warm and eager to please. The first half so assured and masterly, the second half less so. Somehow less than the sum of its parts, yet individual pieces are as good as anything that has come before. Suffers from unoriginality and a need to remind us of what once was great. Too rushed and not enough time to breathe so the big moments don't have impact of the best of the past (ANH = JT; TESB = AB).

I'm devastated by the now departed, hopeful for the future, but I have a feeling we'll be boxed in by the OT and never able to truly take flight.

Biggest complaint is that it was too fast. The reason why 4 and 5 are the best is because there's space for impact. The action never overwhelms the storytelling because, while ridiculous, it's never arbitrary or merely convenient.

On the whole, Sith is a better movie. Despite having lots of awfulness. Nothing here is ever awful. It is safe.

Kylo Ren was my favorite new character.

I'd see it again.

So the prequels are Zooropa, Passengers, and Pop?

Cool.

So the prequels are Zooropa, Passengers, and Pop?

Cool.

Nope. It's a limited comparison.

Though I did feel the anticipation, dread, and over-analysis that comes with the first show I see if any tour. Second and third viewings are usually better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom