Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #181
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,315
Local Time: 08:27 AM
I think a pretty much unanimous response to the posts is sufficient.
To ban every person that enters this forum and posts poorly without giving them a bit of time to experience a learning curve will only kill this place off.

Just look at the posts under any article on CNN or any other news site.
80% or more are worse that what that guy posted. Posters in here have come around to our higher standards when given a chance or two or three.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #182
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 35,934
Local Time: 08:27 AM
"Posts poorly"?

I'm sorry, but referencing Trayvon Martin in a humorous way because a little-known black actor is featured in a Star Wars trailer betrays more than poor judgement, but a complete lack of sensitivity.

And it should be met with a hostile response and harsh disciplinary action. This isn't a fucking public CNN site where any wingnut can comment, but a community where people are registered. Being a member of Interference isn't a right, but a privilege allowed by those who run it, and to a lesser extent, the other members who determine whether or not someone is being offensive.

From what I remember, you're in Orange Country, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this doesn't bother you.
__________________

__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:42 AM   #183
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,315
Local Time: 08:27 AM
if you have ever looked at any of my posts on race in this place you would see my position if real clear.

I took the time to look at this guy's posts and see that almost all of them are in the true U2 fan threads with these 2 here in FYM
I don't know what kind of an environment this person has been raised in, but given time and interaction with other people one can change their views.

also, you may consider painting with a broad bush, about me living in OC shows bias thinking on your part.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #184
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,064
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Misguided or not, I could've let the first post slide if he hadn't come in here and tried to make another.
__________________
bono_212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:57 AM   #185
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,525
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 269er View Post
But he looked more like Trayvon. Michael Brown is a little chunky for a stormtrooper. It was the only shot in the trailer i thought was kinda clunky.

Christ you're a piece of work


Sent from my ass crack
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #186
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,603
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Either this dude should be banned or we collectively ignore him and move on.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #187
The Fly
 
269er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 77
Local Time: 12:27 PM
OK. I am sorry. I made the second post after Lazarus said you at least a racist joke could have been more timely. Misreading it as some sort of forgiveness.

I was on some of the IMDB boards earlier in the day and some of the comments were so vile I was probably just desensitized with respect to the clip. Bad choices all around on my part given the civility of the board. I have seen some members jawing back and forth at each other threads in a crude manner. So much can be lost in translation behind a keyboard.

I'm not some hillbilly who needs to be re-educated. I am well-versed in current events and would love to chime in more on the boards.
__________________
269er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 24,294
Local Time: 11:27 AM
'Star Wars' vet David Prowse says he suffers from dementia - NY Daily News
__________________
Hewson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #189
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,525
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 269er View Post
OK. I am sorry. I made the second post after Lazarus said you at least a racist joke could have been more timely. Misreading it as some sort of forgiveness.

I was on some of the IMDB boards earlier in the day and some of the comments were so vile I was probably just desensitized with respect to the clip. Bad choices all around on my part given the civility of the board. I have seen some members jawing back and forth at each other threads in a crude manner. So much can be lost in translation behind a keyboard.

I'm not some hillbilly who needs to be re-educated. I am well-versed in current events and would love to chime in more on the boards.

You still don't get it, as evidenced by even this most recent post. Aside from what should be the patently obvious and glaring difference between members who know one another "jawing crudely" at one another in jest and outright racist, completely ignorant, not at all funny and grossly insensitive attempt at humour at the expense of the memory of dead kids murdered at the hands of other racist pieces of shit.....you actually legit don't like the fact that there is a black actor playing a storm trooper, and you don't like that he was given the lead-in shot in the trailer. That part is not "lost in translation" at all, you clearly think it's clunky and it was the only part of the trailer you didn't like. You didn't like it so much that you took to cruising the IMDB board discussion on it. I shudder to wonder what your contribution, if any, was over there.

You don't like it because of a few possibilities: you don't think storm troopers can be black, you don't want a black actor having a feature part in your sacred mostly white movie, you think he looks like Trayvon Martin (incredible!), a black guy gave you a dirty look the other day...who knows and who cares...but all these possibilities boil down to being the type of person who doesn't want a black guy in the gang and who takes to Internet forums to let that be known. There's nothing lost in translation about that, either. It's loud and clear.


Sent from my ass crack
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #190
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,342
Local Time: 11:27 AM
I was going to post a comment about the trailer, but I think I'll wait a while.

I'll just say I think everyone needs to remove their heads from their asses in here.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #191
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 35,934
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
You still don't get it, as evidenced by even this most recent post. Aside from what should be the patently obvious and glaring difference between members who know one another "jawing crudely" at one another in jest and outright racist, completely ignorant, not at all funny and grossly insensitive attempt at humour at the expense of the memory of dead kids murdered at the hands of other racist pieces of shit.....you actually legit don't like the fact that there is a black actor playing a storm trooper, and you don't like that he was given the lead-in shot in the trailer. That part is not "lost in translation" at all, you clearly think it's clunky and it was the only part of the trailer you didn't like. You didn't like it so much that you took to cruising the IMDB board discussion on it. I shudder to wonder what your contribution, if any, was over there.

You don't like it because of a few possibilities: you don't think storm troopers can be black, you don't want a black actor having a feature part in your sacred mostly white movie, you think he looks like Trayvon Martin (incredible!), a black guy gave you a dirty look the other day...who knows and who cares...but all these possibilities boil down to being the type of person who doesn't want a black guy in the gang and who takes to Internet forums to let that be known. There's nothing lost in translation about that, either. It's loud and clear.

__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #192
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,006
Local Time: 10:27 AM
So back to the trailer...the lightsaber is cool. No worries about the person using it cutting themselves...they supposedly have the force afterall. Right?
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 24,294
Local Time: 11:27 AM
__________________
Hewson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #194
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 35,934
Local Time: 08:27 AM
The Faith Awakens
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,316
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Jesus!
__________________

__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com