Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station

Old 12-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:27 AM
I think a pretty much unanimous response to the posts is sufficient.
To ban every person that enters this forum and posts poorly without giving them a bit of time to experience a learning curve will only kill this place off.

Just look at the posts under any article on CNN or any other news site.
80% or more are worse that what that guy posted. Posters in here have come around to our higher standards when given a chance or two or three.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #182
Blue Crack Supplier

"Posts poorly"?

I'm sorry, but referencing Trayvon Martin in a humorous way because a little-known black actor is featured in a Star Wars trailer betrays more than poor judgement, but a complete lack of sensitivity.

And it should be met with a hostile response and harsh disciplinary action. This isn't a fucking public CNN site where any wingnut can comment, but a community where people are registered. Being a member of Interference isn't a right, but a privilege allowed by those who run it, and to a lesser extent, the other members who determine whether or not someone is being offensive.

From what I remember, you're in Orange Country, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this doesn't bother you.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:42 AM   #183
Blue Crack Addict

if you have ever looked at any of my posts on race in this place you would see my position if real clear.

I took the time to look at this guy's posts and see that almost all of them are in the true U2 fan threads with these 2 here in FYM
I don't know what kind of an environment this person has been raised in, but given time and interaction with other people one can change their views.

also, you may consider painting with a broad bush, about me living in OC shows bias thinking on your part.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #184
Blue Crack Distributor

Misguided or not, I could've let the first post slide if he hadn't come in here and tried to make another.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:57 AM   #185
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 11:27 AM
Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 269er View Post
But he looked more like Trayvon. Michael Brown is a little chunky for a stormtrooper. It was the only shot in the trailer i thought was kinda clunky.

Christ you're a piece of work

Sent from my ass crack

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #186
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Either this dude should be banned or we collectively ignore him and move on.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #187
The Fly

Local Time: 12:27 PM
OK. I am sorry. I made the second post after Lazarus said you at least a racist joke could have been more timely. Misreading it as some sort of forgiveness.

I was on some of the IMDB boards earlier in the day and some of the comments were so vile I was probably just desensitized with respect to the clip. Bad choices all around on my part given the civility of the board. I have seen some members jawing back and forth at each other threads in a crude manner. So much can be lost in translation behind a keyboard.

I'm not some hillbilly who needs to be re-educated. I am well-versed in current events and would love to chime in more on the boards.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

'Star Wars' vet David Prowse says he suffers from dementia - NY Daily News
Old 12-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #189
Ghost of Love

Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 269er View Post
OK. I am sorry. I made the second post after Lazarus said you at least a racist joke could have been more timely. Misreading it as some sort of forgiveness.

I was on some of the IMDB boards earlier in the day and some of the comments were so vile I was probably just desensitized with respect to the clip. Bad choices all around on my part given the civility of the board. I have seen some members jawing back and forth at each other threads in a crude manner. So much can be lost in translation behind a keyboard.

I'm not some hillbilly who needs to be re-educated. I am well-versed in current events and would love to chime in more on the boards.

You still don't get it, as evidenced by even this most recent post. Aside from what should be the patently obvious and glaring difference between members who know one another "jawing crudely" at one another in jest and outright racist, completely ignorant, not at all funny and grossly insensitive attempt at humour at the expense of the memory of dead kids murdered at the hands of other racist pieces of shit.....you actually legit don't like the fact that there is a black actor playing a storm trooper, and you don't like that he was given the lead-in shot in the trailer. That part is not "lost in translation" at all, you clearly think it's clunky and it was the only part of the trailer you didn't like. You didn't like it so much that you took to cruising the IMDB board discussion on it. I shudder to wonder what your contribution, if any, was over there.

You don't like it because of a few possibilities: you don't think storm troopers can be black, you don't want a black actor having a feature part in your sacred mostly white movie, you think he looks like Trayvon Martin (incredible!), a black guy gave you a dirty look the other day...who knows and who cares...but all these possibilities boil down to being the type of person who doesn't want a black guy in the gang and who takes to Internet forums to let that be known. There's nothing lost in translation about that, either. It's loud and clear.

Sent from my ass crack

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #190
Blue Crack Addict

I was going to post a comment about the trailer, but I think I'll wait a while.

I'll just say I think everyone needs to remove their heads from their asses in here.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 12-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #191
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You still don't get it, as evidenced by even this most recent post. Aside from what should be the patently obvious and glaring difference between members who know one another "jawing crudely" at one another in jest and outright racist, completely ignorant, not at all funny and grossly insensitive attempt at humour at the expense of the memory of dead kids murdered at the hands of other racist pieces of shit.....you actually legit don't like the fact that there is a black actor playing a storm trooper, and you don't like that he was given the lead-in shot in the trailer. That part is not "lost in translation" at all, you clearly think it's clunky and it was the only part of the trailer you didn't like. You didn't like it so much that you took to cruising the IMDB board discussion on it. I shudder to wonder what your contribution, if any, was over there.

You don't like it because of a few possibilities: you don't think storm troopers can be black, you don't want a black actor having a feature part in your sacred mostly white movie, you think he looks like Trayvon Martin (incredible!), a black guy gave you a dirty look the other day...who knows and who cares...but all these possibilities boil down to being the type of person who doesn't want a black guy in the gang and who takes to Internet forums to let that be known. There's nothing lost in translation about that, either. It's loud and clear.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #192
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:27 AM
So back to the trailer...the lightsaber is cool. No worries about the person using it cutting themselves...they supposedly have the force afterall. Right?
Old 12-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Old 12-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #194
Blue Crack Supplier

The Faith Awakens
Old 12-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier

Jesus!