Star Trek: teaser trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's worth it, then I'm happy.

I was really looking forward to Christmas '08 though. :(

Well for about two years I was anticipating seeing Avatar in May of 09, but since that got pushed back to December, Star Trek will serve as a fine replacement and distraction.

trekposter8.jpg

I hope this turns out as well as I'm expecting it to be... not Wrath of Khan-level, but at least something as enjoyable as The Voyage Home, you know?

Absolutely sick. I cannot wait for the trailer when I go see Quantum.

1. Count me the fuck in.

2. Where the fuck is NSW?

3. Wonder why Trek needs to be revitalized? Check this thread.

There needs to be some lifeblood shot into the arm of Trek.

KHAANNNNNNN!!!! motherfuckers.

Eric Bana is Nero. Win!

1. Count me the fuck in.

2. Where the fuck is NSW?

3. Wonder why Trek needs to be revitalized? Check this thread.

There needs to be some lifeblood shot into the arm of Trek.

KHAANNNNNNN!!!! motherfuckers.

Eric Bana is Nero. Win!

Bitch is taking a sabbatical and needs to be back soon.

I caught the trailer on YouTube. Can't really make it out at this point, so I'll wait until tomorrow to post any real thoughts on it.

In fact, I watched The Search For Spock tonight just to wash the taste of the trailer from my mouth.

Apart from that god-awful car commercial at the beginning of the trailer, I thought it was alright.

The only Original Series film I actively dislike is The Final Frontier. The Motionless Picture, no matter how much it differs in tone from the rest of the series, is such a brilliant effects extravaganza that it deserves some merit.

And the Wrath of Khan/Search for Spock/Voyage Home trilogy kicks major ass.

Final Frontier though, actually has the best Kirk/Bones/Spock relationship of the Original Series films. Too bad it's mired by terrible effects, a lame-ass story, and nearly unforgivable attempts at humor... all of which were Paramount-driven, and not Shat-driven, apparently.

Lance, if you watch most of the previous Trek trailers, most of them suck pretty hard compared to the finished film... except for Wrath of Khan.

You know... watching the trailer again, it's really only Kirk I have a problem with. Probably the most distressing casting in the whole film, as everyone else seems to fit the mark pretty damn well. Just judging from the little bits in the trailer, I really get an absolute zero Kirk vibe from him.

And is he sleeping with Uhura in the trailer? WTF is that?

I don't think it's Uhura... it may be the chick in charge of the Kobayashi Maru test though.

When you look closely, it really doesn't look like her, but previous shot of her undressing and the editing really makes it look like it's her. It could be, but I don't think it is.

Watching it again, the girl taking off her top definitely is, but the girl Kirk is seen sleeping with isn't.

I'm going over to read Trekfilm.com's comments section and see if the hardcores are imploding yet.

I had to laugh reading about their analysis of the first picture of the new Enterprise. Can't wait to see if they are bleeding from this trailer.

Haven't seen it yet, but I don't place much stock in trailers either way.

Back
Top Bottom