South Park New Season! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:52 PM
south park's shows have always been hit or miss... some seasons are more hit, others are more miss. the seasons that tend to be more miss also tend to occur at times when they are heavily involved in other projects... the season before the south park movie came out was a stinker...

Old 06-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #47
The Male

Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
the season before the south park movie came out was a stinker...
Season 2? Oh, hell no. Cartman's Mom Is Still a Dirty Slut, Chickenlover, Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls, Spookyfish and Gnomes are all series classics.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Gnomes was season 2??? God damn
Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Loved most of what they did in the first eight seasons of the show and Season 8 might have even been the best. After that, it pretty much went off a cliff. There's one great or tolerable episode out of each batch of seven and the rest pretty much all sucked. Due to friends watching and such, I did see Seasons 9-12 in their entirety, but 12 was pretty much the nail in the coffin. I've seen a few more recent ones and they seem even less sharp than those were. I honestly feel that Trey & Matt would be better off slinking away now that actually finishing out their contract and the few more seasons it requires.

What frustrates me the most is South Park is probably the epitome of a series getting a free pass from its viewers and critics. Appealing to a young male audience means a show can never die (animated sitcoms, Daily Show, etc.) since they to tune in for such few series and networks earn a whopping amount of money in order to show advertisements to these coveted eyeballs. Watching South Park turn a bit sour and seeing few people bat an eye made me know that by the time they started churning out mediocre material on a consistent basis that nobody would really be whining. It's just unfair that people can level criticism at The Simpsons for running off the cliff ten years ago when most of what they did from 2000-onward (aside from the last three years or so) was far, far better than what South Park or Family Guy have been producing over the last few years.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

cynical asshole
Old 06-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Watching South Park turn a bit sour and seeing few people bat an eye made me know that by the time they started churning out mediocre material on a consistent basis that nobody would really be whining. It's just unfair that people can level criticism at The Simpsons for running off the cliff ten years ago when most of what they did from 2000-onward (aside from the last three years or so) was far, far better than what South Park or Family Guy have been producing over the last few years.
No.

(ignoring anyhting to do with Family Guy, which has been shit since it made it's return in 2005, and the first few seasons have also dated pretty badly).
Old 06-14-2011, 01:43 AM   #52
The Male

Seasons 9-11 of South Park are extraordinarily inconsistent, and I feel that they started to rely on 2-3 episode arcs too much. Regardless, there are at least four or five excellent episodes from each of those seasons. Is the quality lower? Sure, but I saw no reason to complain until recently.

In contrast, I have no idea how a population of functioning individuals that can dress themselves and drive to work watches Family Guy enough to keep it on the air. It's pure trash; there is zero character development of any kind (characterizations come and go as jokes dictate), awful pacing, poor plots and jokes that take forever to develop, if they ever even manage to. And when they do, the punchline is inevitably not worth the effort. The show has become one giant pisstake and a running insult to its loyal fanbase, which should have given up on the show 5 years ago. /rant

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:15 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon
In contrast, I have no idea how a population of functioning individuals that can dress themselves and drive to work watches Family Guy enough to keep it on the air.

Hahaha well said
Old 06-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor

Season's 2 & 3 are inconsistent to me. Probably because I loved season 4 so much.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Season 3 was probably my favorite and 2 was quite as good as well. They were producing solid stuff despite also going through all of the effort to make that hilarious film.

The only one of the first 8 that I'd rank noticeably below the others is the first season. Weird targets to go after and a lot of seemed like shock value more than anything else.

Family Guy has pretty much always been terrible, but there were a few gems in the first three seasons. As for South Park, its ratings have taken a pretty big slide from last season and I'm starting to see negative reactions towards their current material pop up on a lot of forums. I'm still confused as to why it didn't happen sooner and also why a huge chunk of the audience is still gumming these new ones down without complaining.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Good news

Parker and Stone were on The Daily Show tonight. Jon Stewart asked them about the last show and if they ever think "fuck this". They replied that they love South Park and it's still their thing. No plans to cancel the show. w00t
Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #57
War Child

Local Time: 01:52 PM
Yeah, but they pissed me off by taking shots at Bono and Edge. What a bunch of pricks.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:52 AM
Hahahahahaha
Old 06-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

..... Is that a joke?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

They took a shot at Spiderman, and please, like everyone else hadn't taken the same potshot.

They took no shots at Bono & Edge. The bit was hilarious. "Who are these rapscallions?" And the thing about dreading losing first to Phil Collins and then to Bono was awesome.

Tags
south park