Sons of Anarchy - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Sons of Anarchy

On FX - cool show. Dialogue can get "forced" but the storylines have been so far solid and interesting. It's superficially about a biker gang, but it's really more of a look into freedom and what it means. It reminds me of an HBO type show in the sense that there's a long over-arching story intermingled with weekly episodes that though they could stand alone, really are setting up something bigger. So far, so good.
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
On FX - cool show. Dialogue can get "forced" but the storylines have been so far solid and interesting. It's superficially about a biker gang, but it's really more of a look into freedom and what it means. It reminds me of an HBO type show in the sense that there's a long over-arching story intermingled with weekly episodes that though they could stand alone, really are setting up something bigger. So far, so good.
I debated watching this or not...and decided against....but, if I hear enough good things I'll get the DVD when the season is over.....

Mike, are you a son of anarchy?
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I debated watching this or not...and decided against....but, if I hear enough good things I'll get the DVD when the season is over.....

Mike, are you a son of anarchy?
I wasn't going to watch it either, and I missed the first episode, but for whatever reason I dvr'd the next two. Finally got around to watching them last night and they were better than I expected.

I am not a Son of Anarchy, no. I have a different code - more like Dexter from Dexter, I guess. The SoAs make too much noise. That lifestyle would give me a headache.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
I wasn't going to watch it either, and I missed the first episode, but for whatever reason I dvr'd the next two. Finally got around to watching them last night and they were better than I expected.

I am not a Son of Anarchy, no. I have a different code - more like Dexter from Dexter, I guess. The SoAs make too much noise. That lifestyle would give me a headache.
You have no feelings, just like Dexter.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:20 PM
This topic is about the Sons of Anarchy, not Dexter. You know how we feel about thread derailment around this place.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
This topic is about the Sons of Anarchy, not Dexter. You know how we feel about thread derailment around this place.
Stay out of my journal.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:46 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 08:20 PM
i watched the first couple episodes. i get enough renegade vigilante law enforcement from the shield.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Finished Seasons 1 and 2 and I just started the 3rd season of SOA. I like it a lot, even if the plot and dialogue is a little weak.
It's fun, and the acting is generally pretty good. I really like the "getting old" subplot/theme.

The show definitely is deserving of a
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,031
Local Time: 04:20 PM
I just finished season 1 and I'm going to continue because I've heard season 2 is better and 3 is the best, even outstanding.
__________________
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:35 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:20 PM
took me awhile, they are kind of phony bikers, the clothes and bikes are a little off, but once you get past that the acting is pretty good.
__________________
deep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 06:20 PM
I swear there is a little of U2's Smile toward the very end of episode 10 of season 3 (Firinne).

FYI.


Just have the season 3 finale to watch. It's a pretty good show, but not a great one.
I'm liking the quirky characters the best--Tig, Agent Stahl, Happy.
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BluRmGrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leather Heaven
Posts: 7,808
Local Time: 08:20 PM
We have the Blue Crack House, Mr. Blu has SOA. Our Friday evenings revolve around the show when it's airing. He hates that the season is only about 12 episodes, though.
__________________
BluRmGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,031
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I swear there is a little of U2's Smile toward the very end of episode 10 of season 3 (Firinne).

FYI.


Just have the season 3 finale to watch. It's a pretty good show, but not a great one.
I'm liking the quirky characters the best--Tig, Agent Stahl, Happy.
Hmm I didn't hear the song at all.

I just finished season 3 and

DON'T open this spoiler if you haven't finished season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
The Tig/Kozik argument reveal: best scene ever.
although I just knew it already, it was still great.
(and what I really loved about the whole thing was the way the entire club totally respected their argument all season. LOL.)
__________________
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Hmm I didn't hear the song at all.

I just finished season 3 and

DON'T open this spoiler if you haven't finished season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
The Tig/Kozik argument reveal: best scene ever.
although I just knew it already, it was still great.
(and what I really loved about the whole thing was the way the entire club totally respected their argument all season. LOL.)
That was a pretty awesome season finale.
Tig has become my favorite character.

Next season:
 
I'm curious if season 4 is set entirely in prison, or if they are going to fast forward a little.
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 06:20 PM
So...

 
I'm kinda glad they skipped the 14 months of prison. (It could have been interesting though. I suppose there'll be some flashbacks.)
But, I thought the premiere was a little boring, at least until the end, then FUCK YEAH!!!


...a typical SOA episode.
__________________

__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sons of anarchy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com