So You Think You Can Dance - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like just about everything except quickstep/foxtrot/smooth waltz.

Ditto.

I knew that Kent kid would make it - they wouldn't have given him such a drawn-out set up to let him down.

The only dancer I'm "meh" on is the tap dancer. The little I saw of her didn't impress me. I think I might have only seen her tap.

I was curious about that blonde girl Ryan, the one who had been picked by Mia some years ago to work with her. I was wondering if there would be any rumblings of controversy if she got picked, since there's that connection. I thought she was really good, although I'm glad they went with Alexie over her, since she'd gotten so close so many times before.

Yeah Waltz and Foxtrot are Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. My least favorite dances when I was dancing ballroom for sure.

it's pretty interesting so far... i'd like to hear what everyone thinks after they've watched. personally, i find the All Stars with the contestants a bit distracting. 3-4 people doing a routine at a time makes it hard for me to pay attention to the contestants; there is too much going on. maybe that's just a first episode thing though.

on another note.... when they did latin, the only person on stage that i saw was Pasha :combust:

Shirtless!Pasha. :drool: Oh there were other people dancing right?

I think I will love the all stars. I was so happy to see Dominic, Twitch, Pasha back on stage. Travis' choreo was so, so good as was the NappyTabs routine. I love that I can call Wade Robson pieces without needing anyone to tell me. That routine at the top was so Wade.

My faves of the competitive dancers Billy and Alex were incredible as expected.

PS, this was just an exhibition so you won't be seeing anymore large groups.

ETA: I've found my eye candy for the season (other than Pasha). Robert :drool:

it's pretty interesting so far... i'd like to hear what everyone thinks after they've watched. personally, i find the All Stars with the contestants a bit distracting. 3-4 people doing a routine at a time makes it hard for me to pay attention to the contestants; there is too much going on. maybe that's just a first episode thing though.

on another note.... when they did latin, the only person on stage that i saw was Pasha :combust:

I agree - it has the potential to be very distracting, because my eye is automatically drawn to them first, since I know them and love most of the all stars. However, like you said, hopefully that's just for this episode.

Hel-lo Pasha!! :ohmy: :combust: Damn, that was hawt. I hope that his style is picked often. :wink:

I wasn't a huge fan of Travis back when he was a contestant in season 2, but I've absolutely loved every routine he's choreographed for the show in the past few seasons. He's amazing. :love:

All stars makes it more fun to watch and more entertaining.

Christina had a huge advantage, being the one to get to stand out against shirtless Pasha.

They should have the new contestants in light costumes and the all stars in dark.

So you don't mix them up when they are dancing. I mostly watch the bodies for lines and form. By the time it is over, I don't remember for sure who hit the right marks and who didn't.

I found the all-stars kind of distracting/ extraneous on this show, but hopefully that will change when there are only two dancers up there. I worry that it will be kind of awkward when the competitor is supposed to be the focus but the all-star is dominant on stage (although some of the competitors are certainly better than some of the "all-stars"!).

I found the show kind of disappointing other than Wade Robson's opener (which had super-cool choreography), and Mia's and Sonya's numbers (which I almost always love).

So far, the boys seems to really be the stars this season - although I'm sure the girls will stand out more as the season progresses.

The first competition episode was pretty good; i was definitely impressed. The guys are realllly strong this season!! :love: still think the all stars are a bit distracting because my eyes initially go directly to them and when Pasha dances, i only see Pasha. Neill too, he was one of my favs.

SO incredibly glad Kent made it and he did well in the dances the other night. :love: He's my season favorite!

BUT the most exciting part of this season (for me) is that NEIL is an all-star!! I loved him back in his season and I was sad when the season ended. Then when I found out he would be on this season, I was ecstatic!! He is so amazing (and pretty beautiful, what can I say?) :love: :drool:

Also glad to see Pasha, Lauren, and Courtney back. :)

Great season ahead!!

the one contestant, one all star is working ok this week
better than the mix-up last week

I really think it partially comes down to the luck of the draw,
that is the choreographer and song, makes a big difference

I don't think Alex would have been told he was the 'best ever' if he got that shitty 'foot loose' routine.

(and that Anya, had me outside smoking a cigarette :combust:)

Holy Crap. Alex Wong was freaking incredible. That was beautiful (as was Pasha).

I loved both of Sonya's dances. Mark is made for her choreo. And I really thought Christina did a great job for a salsa dancer.

Robert was so impressive and shirtless which is always a bonus.

I was so pleasantly surprised by Kent. His personality is a bit much, but his dancing with Anya was excellent.

Right now the boys are stronger than the girls, but hopefully the girls will get better.

Holy Crap. Alex Wong was freaking incredible. That was beautiful (as was Pasha).

I loved both of Sonya's dances. Mark is made for her choreo. And I really thought Christina did a great job for a salsa dancer.

Robert was so impressive and shirtless which is always a bonus.

I was so pleasantly surprised by Kent. His personality is a bit much, but his dancing with Anya was excellent.

Right now the boys are stronger than the girls, but hopefully the girls will get better.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Sonya's routine for Alex was stunning - (don't know about "best ever on the show," but pretty fabulous). I thought that I would find Kent merely annoying, but he was certainly entertaining tonight.

I still find the all-star format a bit awkward, and will miss the partnerships that the competitors develop together, but it is nice for people to get to see their favorites again - (for me, that's Kathryn - I find her a complete joy to watch).

Pretty much! :lol: He is so hilarious! And was it just me, or did he look a LOT like Adam tonight?

I loved both of Sonya's dances. Mark is made for her choreo.

WORD to all of this. Alex is amazing. That was a gorgeous routine. :love: And of course that song is guaranteed to make me cry every time I hear it. :lol: :tsk:

I totally agree about the guys being stronger. All of the girls are just not interesting at all this season.

I'm still finding the all-stars distracting, and I'm not sure I like it. I mean, it's so awesome to see some of my favourite dancers again, but my eyes are often drawn to them instead of the contestants...

Maddy must be talking about something else. She wasn't even home to watch the show last night - I taped it. :)

Alex was amazing, and I think Kent was adorable and did well too. Robert was indeed very good as well. More of the guys are standing out for me than the women so far.

ao what happened to the loud, screaming judge...I just started watching this season last night...did not watch the elimination rounds:reject:

yes ..Mary...thanks....that's what I thought, maybe she was going to do some choreography this season....but it is nice not to hear all that screeching!:lol:

I got confused when she showed up in the episode to give the good/bad news to contestants. I was all ".... isn't she supposed to be gone this year?"

Back
Top Bottom