So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't even tell you what the prize is. Which is probably a good thing - maybe it means it's a prize that means something to a dancer, and not some bullshit "$150,000 contract with blah blah blah" or something.

The dancing on the show is amazing. Like, real dancing, not Dancing With the Stars cheese-fest stuff. I'm not even much of a dance fan per se, but I was so in love with this show last season.

i am in love love love with this show. the dancing and coreography are absolutely amazing. i've watched each season and frankly, i don't even remember what the prize is at the end! mary's voice can definitely get one one's nerves but it just cracks me up.

I saw her on an infomercial for some product and she did her horrendous "signature" scream as if people somehow like that about her. Good lord, lady.. :no:

I obviously never watch Fox these days, so I had no clue that it was on so soon. Thanks for the info! :D I LOVE this show! I also hate Mary's screeching, but that's what the mute button is for. :yes:

i am in love love love with this show. the dancing and coreography are absolutely amazing. i've watched each season and frankly, i don't even remember what the prize is at the end! mary's voice can definitely get one one's nerves but it just cracks me up.

I've watched it from the beginning too. I love it.
(except for the scream thing, mute button :up:)

I saw her on an infomercial for some product and she did her horrendous "signature" scream as if people somehow like that about her. Good lord, lady.. :no:

It may have been funny in a qirky sort of way the first season but everyone's over it now, she should be also. :down:

Love this show! Sad that the first person to audition was "rewarded" with one of Mary's scream. Ugh.

I might be the only one in the world who doesn't mind her scream. I love her laughing, anyway.

I think I love this show because I can't dance. I have rhythm, but man, I can't dance. Singing competitions bring out the snark in me because singers are a dime a dozen, and I can sing.

But real dancing? I love watching people do it well. Plus, this show feels more real - there's hardly anything that screams "FAKE REALITY SHOW" and while they do show some bad dancers for laughs, you feel like they're only doing it because they know they have to because the viewers want it, but they'd really rather spend more time on the good people - which they do.

I might be the only one in the world who doesn't mind her scream. I love her laughing, anyway.

I think I love this show because I can't dance. I have rhythm, but man, I can't dance. Singing competitions bring out the snark in me because singers are a dime a dozen, and I can sing.

But real dancing? I love watching people do it well. Plus, this show feels more real - there's hardly anything that screams "FAKE REALITY SHOW" and while they do show some bad dancers for laughs, you feel like they're only doing it because they know they have to because the viewers want it, but they'd really rather spend more time on the good people - which they do.

Word.

Dancing has always been something I loved, but I suck at it. However, watching GOOD dancers is something I really love. I get all choked up like Mary did last night too. :giggle:

I loved the first girl that auditioned last night, and pretty much all the contemporary dancers. Looks like it should be a good season!

I kind of agree with this article:

So You Think Can Knock Off the Homophobia, Nigel Lythgoe? | AfterElton.com

I was surprised how much they played up their segment. I thought this was the last show to go down that road, considering how many gay dancers they showcase with no signs of sniggering or anything that could be taken as homophobia.

I didn't think the judging part was so bad, especially after Sonya clarified what she meant with her question and the masculine/feminine roles in ballroom dancing, but the whole set-up with "It's Raining Men" was tacky.

I expect more from you, show. :shame:

Yeah I was a little bothered by that. I understood the whole leading and following thing though, they should have just picked one of them to lead but I was really surprised at the judges comments. Nigel especially.

I had a couple of thoughts on that

first, us east coasters and west coasters are not where the money is at with these shows, the heartland of America is what pays the bills, darlings

second, why not just critique on the dancing alone, the switching of leads, did not work, dropping your partner should not get you to the second round.

and I guess third, the blond guy, man up, "I'm straight" :huh:
your parents have known the truth for years, why keep pretending.

Yeah I was a little bothered by that. I understood the whole leading and following thing though, they should have just picked one of them to lead but I was really surprised at the judges comments. Nigel especially.

This.

I was surprised.

On an unrelated note, the girl with the spinal cord defect, did she say that humans have 7 vertebrae? I could have sworn we have way more than that.....

Almost all humans are born with 33 separate vertebrae. By adulthood, most have only 24. This is due to the fusion of the vertebrae in certain parts of the spine during normal development.

Ok, She only has 3

her Mom told her she was only missing 4, why overwhelm the poor girl?

I loved when dude got on stage and did the Lindy hop with that one chick :up:

Some funny stuff the past two days!

Good lord, the amount of time they spent on him was ridiculous. :angry: I seriously hope that they give him NO screen time next season. He's obviously delusional, and it's not healthy for them to keep encouraging him by letting him be on TV. He'll hopefully get the point once they refuse to show him again. :gah: [/end rant]

That being said, I love Adam Shankman, and there were a few good dancers this week. I seriously love Phillip Chbeeb, and hope he makes it into the Top 20 this year! :love:

I was really annoyed at how much time they gave that irritating guy. Maybe Seattle's auditions really were that bad and they had nothing else decent to show.

Back
Top Bottom