So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The brothers are good.
They cut the right sister.

I think that Mohawk choreographer was poison for the dancers.

I felt kind of bad for Natalie.

I think the top twenty will be really top notch dancers.

For competition reality shows, this show has the best talent by far.

I think that Sanjaya's mom jinxed her
with using them as the example of the perfect dancers during the rehearsal

it is like the judges wanted to contradict her

Yeah, that cheesed me off a little. How many extra chances did they give Gabi, and then they cut Natalie after one "disappointment"? :down:

Was Gabi the African American female who couldn't get the choreography? That made me so mad! Natalie gets cut, though she narrowly missed out being on the show last year, and now gets cut at this point. She seemed to take it pretty well though :sigh:

Yeah, she was the one they kept telling "wow, you're such a disappointment, but we'll let you squeak through" and then "wow, how disappointing, but you can dance for your life now." I'm glad she got cut later.

me too!
15.gif

I should clarify - I'm not glad she got cut out of spite or anything, I was hoping they wouldn't let someone keep squeaking through even though all they showed us on TV was them being "disappointed." That always bums me out on these types of reality shows, like they're keeping them around because they're cute or outrageous or whatever.

so I was glad they cut her because she didn't cut it, rather than keeping her around just for the sake of keeping her around.

Was Gabi the African American female who couldn't get the choreography?

Ok, she was the one that could not get that one kind of choreography.

However, her solo was one of the most powerful of any, this whole season.

They can edit this show anyway they want. Right now there are 32 finalists.
We have not seen how they all got there. Sometimes, we just see a 5 second clip. "You're through, congrats."

The dancing for your life thing, I don't remember it at this point of the competition before.
They did leave themselves up to the charge of playing favorites. I hope we don't see anymore of it tonight. Just cut the 12 and let's get on with the show.

I still say Natalie, got cut because that one Mohawk lady, practically guaranteed her a spot during the rehearsal, saying she was flawless. (The guy almost got cut, too)

The judges do not like having their power challenged.

I feel bad for contestants on reality shows when they're forced to pull all-nighters. I was angry on behalf of the one poor girl who got reamed by Mia for having the sheer gall to *gasp* get some sleep to try and have a clearer head.

Mia was all "So you gave up?" I was hoping the girl would let her have it, but of course that's not going to happen. Like, 'No, you bitch, I didn't give up, we knew that we would work better after having gotten some rest since we've been up for a bazillion hours for your TV show."

I think they pull that sleep deprivation shit on a lot of reality shows, probably just to create extra drama and tension. It's bullshit.

Do you recall that after being mean, they did pass her.
I don't get the meanest when they get cut. Especially when the kid is not talking back.

One thing that competition did do is let the one brother shine. I believe he was responsible for the 'nerd' choreography routine that worked so well.

So his talent got exposed.

I like the brothers - hope they make it. They certainly lucked out when the last part of the competition was Broadway / West Side Story. And yes, 'nerd dance group' with the brother that had the choreography experience - surely lucked out. :up:

And as to something cori said, I dislike the sleep deprivation part as well. What does that have to do with your talent? That is, after all, what they are trying to find, right? Talent?!?! Why torture the contestants, especially if they are going to be there for several days / possibly a week. Let them rest! I mean it's not like the judges don't get a full night's sleep. Why not let them rest so they can be at the top of their game as well? Not all exhausted, battered and bruised. :shrug:
2cents.gif

The dancing for your life thing, I don't remember it at this point of the competition before.
They did leave themselves up to the charge of playing favorites. I hope we don't see anymore of it tonight. Just cut the 12 and let's get on with the show.

They've done it a few times, but it seemed much more dramatic this time around.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Nigel said that they don't always pick the 20 best dancers. Obviously they're going to put some people through simply to add drama, excitement or whatever. I understand that they have to make it compelling TV, but I wish they would just put all the best people through.

And as to something cori said, I dislike the sleep deprivation part as well. What does that have to do with your talent? That is, after all, what they are trying to find, right? Talent?!?! Why torture the contestants, especially if they are going to be there for several days / possibly a week. Let them rest! I mean it's not like the judges don't get a full night's sleep. Why not let them rest so they can be at the top of their game as well? Not all exhausted, battered and bruised. :shrug:
2cents.gif

Well said. I completely agree.

My favourites right now are Auska and Phillip Chbeeb. Thankfully tonight's show is only 1 hr long - all of these 2 hour long episodes have been so unnecessary. 1 hr is plenty of time, as much as I love to watch the dancing. It just seems like there is SO much unnecessary filler.

I absolutely LOVE Cat - wasn't she so adorable when she was talking with Tony, and saying that she loves seeing grown men cry?! :cute: I just want to pick her up and hug her. :lol:

I like the brothers, a lot. Based on the previews it looks they may be the final 2 of the night and only one will go through. I hate that. I think Evan should go through, and they should let the other one choreograph for the show...he's pretty awesome.

I also think Brandon is AWESOME. I hate that Mia is judging him on a completely different level and slamming him for not measuring up. He is one of the best dancers there and they had nothing good to say about him. Dumb.

I googled, and I think her name is Asuka? Maybe Auska, who knows. But I like her as well. Is Chbeeb the guy who got pneumonia last year and couldn't make the show & got the automatic ticket to Vegas? And was locking during ballroom? He's good too. And Brandon from Denver. I saw a couple of posts online who agreed about Natalie being cut way too soon and that Gabi shouldn't have been given all those second chances. And some had predicted Natalie to be in the top 20.

Thankfully it's only an hour tonight.

The other episodes I've caught on TiVo, so it wasn't a full 2 hours each time :happy:

I googled, and I think her name is Asuka? Maybe Auska, who knows. But I like her as well. Is Chbeeb the guy who got pneumonia last year and couldn't make the show & got the automatic ticket to Vegas? And was locking during ballroom? He's good too. And Brandon from Denver. I saw a couple of posts online who agreed about Natalie being cut way too soon and that Gabi shouldn't have been given all those second chances. And some had predicted Natalie to be in the top 20.

Thankfully it's only an hour tonight.

The other episodes I've caught on TiVo, so it wasn't a full 2 hours each time :happy:

Yeah, I can never remember how people spell their names until the top 20. Yup, that's Philip - the pop locker guy. He's incredible. Last year there were a ton of videos of him dancing on YouTube, and I'm sure there's more now.

Dang, I was hoping they'd pull out the last-minute "surprise! You're both in" at the last minute. :(

I paid attention when they announced the dancers at the end - it's Asuka, but Cat was pronouncing it like "Auska," which probably explains why we're all confused. :lol:

I thought that was cruel saving the brothers for the end, knowing only one of them could go through. :sad: I was hoping they were gonna make a top 22 or something. I guess they didn't want to put two similar dancers thru (in the brothers). I couldn't believe they saved Asuka til the end as well. I thought she was a definite all along. And I don't understand why Mia and Lil C don't care for Brandon. What did he do that makes them think he shouldn't be in the top 20? :scratch:

Dang, I was hoping they'd pull out the last-minute "surprise! You're both in" at the last minute. :(

Me too. I was hoping that would be the case because Alex was in, yet he couldn't be a part of it due to his contract. :sad: I love the brothers - they were so fun to watch.

And I don't understand why Mia and Lil C don't care for Brandon. What did he do that makes them think he shouldn't be in the top 20? :scratch:

I don't get it either, but they were pissing me off. Stop freaking insulting him - you put him through, so put your stupid issues with him aside, and congratulate him! At least he seemed to take the higher road, and said he was looking forward to working with them in particular.

Ok so who's going to win..... :wink:

My money is on Phillip, Auska (Asuka, etc.) or Evan at the moment. I like SO many of them, though! :lol:

Me too. I was hoping that would be the case because Alex was in, yet he couldn't be a part of it due to his contract.

I was curious about that - why would he even go through with this if he's under contract? Maybe he never figured he'd make it as far as he did and he'd worry about it if he had to.

That might be awkward for him going back to his company now. :uhoh:

Too early to predict...

And I felt bad for Alex, that he was under contract elsewhere. I wonder how he felt having to go back - resentment? Hopefully he returns. Too bad that these people who make the top have to go thru the process all over again next time out.

Cori beat me to it! :gah: :wink:

Mia is such a bitch sometimes...:huh: I mean...did any of us know who she even was before this show started? she is so holier than thou sometimes....then 2 minutes later she is so encouraging and positive....I have no idea what her problem with Branden was last night, but he seemed to take their shit very well and kept a smile the whole time

Mia is such a bitch sometimes...:huh: I mean...did any of us know who she even was before this show started? she is so holier than thou sometimes....then 2 minutes later she is so encouraging and positive....I have no idea what her problem with Branden was last night, but he seemed to take their shit very well and kept a smile the whole time

I totally agree.

So you think you can Dance Your Ass Off?

danceyourassoff.JPG

Take two parts “So You think you can dance,” one part “The Biggest Loser,” and “Dancing With the Stars” and what do you get? Oxygen’s “Dance Your Ass Off.”

Premiering Tuesday, June 16th, at 11pm, “Dance Your Ass Off,” actually seems like an interesting show. Not to make fun of the plus size community, but to add variety into working out and having fun with it, I think this may be a motivating and clever twist on the shows mentioned above!

Back
Top Bottom