Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Edgar Wright - kicking the film world's ass since 1996

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think what will pace my reading is paying $12 for these books, I just got this one and I sat down while watching TV and wolfed down half of it in a short stint, but dang. Although I'll have fun passing this onto friends.

Another downgrade: I was just reading on Wikipedia, and saw that the movie is coming out in August, I was under the impression that it was June. Not that big of a difference, but still, LAME (although it seems like a good antidote for the end of the summer which is usually filled with crap).

Well, I'm just hoping the final book comes out before the film, and then I'll be happy. I'd definitely rather digest O'Malley's own ending before Wright's if nothing else.

I thought I'd read that the film was mostly only based on the first 2-3 books, I'd think they'd try and stretch the story over another film or two.

Film is based on the first two books faithfully and then big points from books 3-5 and an original ending to the story. One film.

OK, so I read the whole thing a matter of minutes. Pacing myself might be kind of difficult :lol:.

I sat down at a library today and inhaled the 2nd book... Knives better be that action packed and crazy in the movie.

Well it was kind of crazy how much better the second season of Spaced was than the first. But the whole thing was fantastic. :up:

Well it was kind of crazy how much better the second season of Spaced was than the first. But the whole thing was fantastic. :up:

Happy Dais! I have far too many favourite scenes across both seasons, but the male bonding / alley fight scenes when Tim and Daisy have a night out have a special place in my heart.

Don't know if it's out in the US, but there was a special bonus DVD with a kick ass documentary released here a few years back, well worth watching.

I have the R2 set, it's awesome. It took them until last year to release it on R1 at all, I wasn't that patient.

Happy Dais! I have far too many favourite scenes across both seasons, but the male bonding / alley fight scenes when Tim and Daisy have a night out have a special place in my heart.

I'm pretty sure "Gone" is my favorite episode of the entire series. :up:

I love how the R2 set is less than 10 pounds (and they have used copies being sold for like 6), and the R1 set is $40. That's fucking ridiculous.

Thank the maker for region-free players.

Exactly, even when I imported it new with a practically 2X exchange rate it cost me less, not to mention I had it for years prior to the R1.

I'm pretty sure "Gone" is my favorite episode of the entire series. :up:

"I'M NOT A MONSTER, TIM!"
"Mini cab?" "Yes please!"
"It's too orangey for crows."

Comedy genius. But you know what, Jessica Stevenson doesn't get enough credit when Pegg / Wright / Frost are mentioned. Actually, she gets none. And that's outrageous.

scott_pilgrim_vs_the_world_teaser_poster_1-550x814.jpg

Fuuuuuuck yes.

Also, Volume 6 is due out in July! Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour! GIDEON!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I gotta say though... SP or his brother Lawrence could not afford a Rickenbacker, unless their parents gave it to him like when he randomly got his new apartment.

Excellent tagline though.

One thing about the movie that I heard about from the test screenings makes me quite sad... NO HONEST ED'S. That's my single favorite part of the whole series.

FINALLY: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Visuals are fucking amazing, Cera unfortunately appears to be George Michael yet again and he threatens to bring the whole adaptation down, that and I wish they had shown more of the random humor in the trailer, but it's a 1:24 teaser so what can you expect. Sadly no Knives Chau, 17 years old.

The lack of Knives Chau (17 Years Old) was indeed disappointing. So was the George Michael presence. But I have to admit I was pretty giddy throughout the entire thing.

Although a showdown between George Michael and Half-Ninja Ann is quite exciting.

BTW it's going to be odd in book 6 when it'll have to be Knives Chau, 18 years old.

Shun the non-believer.

Even if you don't like the concept (you should read the comics), you couldn't possibly deny how cool those visuals are, not at all Shark Boy/Lava Girl level, in terms of bringing a comic to life there's a much better RR comparison in Sin City, I think this just took that game one step further.

I want to like this, been meaning to get the books for a while, but Jesus, Michael Cera just needs to stop.

Back
Top Bottom