Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Edgar Wright - kicking the film world's ass since 1996

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean, what were they thinking casting him? Don't they know the universal Cera backlash is going to start sooner or later? This is pretty much where I draw the line. I'll see it because I'm not convinced he can kill an already good story, but, I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I'm as sick of Cera as the next guy, but some of the deliver on his more action-y lines sound like lame hipster and more kind of Capcom character than anything else. Maybe this'll be something that'll stop his inevitable decline into obscurity.

Scot Pilgrim is supposed to be absent-minded and do-nothing, but likeable and with a weird completely disproportionate ego that especially comes out in flashes of random cockiness. I'm hoping we haven't seen enough to judge, the fight scenes look like they'll come out fine, but SP is endearingly strange, not awkward.

Just read the whole Scott Pilgrim series these past few days. Now time to dissect the trailer.

+1000 EXP

Just thought I'd share that earlier today one of my facebook buddies had as his status that he got to view a screening of Scott Pilgrim and that it is excellent and sticks to the feel of the books very well.

Hell. Yes. !!!!

:hyper:

At this point I could care less if non-readers aren't enthused.

Thank you grammar police, that was a bonehead typo from me. Apologies.

You're most welcome.

It's a pet peeve of mine and I correct it every single time I see it, no matter if it's my boss, my Mom or some kid from the internet. I like when the English language is employed properly, sue me.

Shit. Will someone check to see if Laz is ok? This think has been teed up since 7:34. That's usually like a bat signal to him.

fumustache.jpg

Jew rang?

Just got back, could have been the best thing ever, but the frenetic pacing got to me a little bit, not only because all the awesome side stuff from the comics, I expected that, but they made it a little too trippy which wasn't necessary. Overall I was fine with the adaptation, for one thing the Gideon fight was way more entertaining and digestible than in volume 6, the only other thing that bothered me was that it takes place over a few weeks instead of like a year, so Scott learning to grow up wasn't as poignant. But it even blasted Kick Ass out of the water as the most ridiculously entertaining film in recent memory. Favorite moments probably involved Lucas Lee ("I'm a huge fan" / "Why wouldn't you be??" and the Universal theme tune), stalker-Knives, and Scott making the bouncer explode by saying "Your hair looks stupid". I really wish we could get a Knives spinoff!!!

Once again an Edgar Wright directed MI4 would have been soooooo cool, although I am interested to see what Brad Bird does in live action.

Just got back, could have been the best thing ever, but the frenetic pacing got to me a little bit, not only because all the awesome side stuff from the comics, I expected that, but they made it a little too trippy which wasn't necessary. Overall I was fine with the adaptation, for one thing the Gideon fight was way more entertaining and digestible than in volume 6, the only other thing that bothered me was that it takes place over a few weeks instead of like a year, so Scott learning to grow up wasn't as poignant. But it even blasted Kick Ass out of the water as the most ridiculously entertaining film in recent memory. Favorite moments probably involved Lucas Lee ("I'm a huge fan" / "Why wouldn't you be??" and the Universal theme tune), stalker-Knives, and Scott making the bouncer explode by saying "Your hair looks stupid". I really wish we could get a Knives spinoff!!!

Once again an Edgar Wright directed MI4 would have been soooooo cool, although I am interested to see what Brad Bird does in live action.

How much screen time does Aubrey Plaza get? I'm guessing it's not much, but I hope your response pleasantly surprises me.

She gets some good scene stealing moments in the first half, but completely disappears in the second half. I will say she is the one who visual matched her character the closest. Knives was way hotter than the seemingly plain high school girl she seemed to be in the comic, I was actually rooting for her over Ramona during the movie.

Oh and Laz, we get it, you like to rain on people's parades. If you don't like it, don't bitch about it amongst those who do, the movie's existence doesn't hurt you or any of the people constantly complaining over on IMDB about it.

Either way, it's funny to see such a huge media machine behind a comic book no one has ever heard of completely fall flat. How the movie would appeal to anyone who hasn't read the comic books is a huge mystery. The flaccid box office only further proves that point.

This movie ate a dick at the box office this weekend. As someone who thought the trailer was eye-rollingly awful, I can only laugh.

I thought the trailer was bad too, but I did enjoy the movie.
And I had never heard of the comic.

Kick Ass was also a good movie, not surprised these two did not do giant box office. They did not have a wide build in audience, like Transformers 2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom