Sherlock, series 3 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:48 AM
torrent+hdmi cord=Sherlock on giant tv screen.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:48 AM
True, but, it also = slightly diminished video quality, but, to be fair, I'm a bit more anal about that than most people.

Regardless, I am excited. I think watching this back-to-back with True Detective will make for a nice programming block.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:57 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:48 AM
His Last Vow has to be one of the most exciting things ever on TV. I re-watched it today (thanks to the magic of the Hola Unblocker on Google Chrome) and it was still intense. That villain is a super creep. And you gotta love those new characters Mike and William. Those guys are great.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

My mom was yelling at the TV last night during the bomb scene at the end saying "Run! Get out of there!!" We watched a second airing last night at midnight because my local station had such a bad signal that the first showing was unwatchable. Mom was only going to watch the first 30 minutes and then go to bed, but we both ended up watching the whole thing until 1:30 AM. One does not simply watch part of Sherlock and then go to bed. Also, PBS is not shortening the episodes this time, so that's good, although they censored a few things.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

ahhhh.. now I can finally waltz in this thread. I just caught up last night..

this show!

<<SHERLOCKED.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Steven Moffat and Sue Vertue Talk SHERLOCK Seasons 4 and 5, and More | Collider

Moffat says they have season 4 planned out, which will lead to a "terrifying" season 5. I'm so glad they're planning to keep doing this for a long time; I don't mind waiting a few years as long as it keeps being awesome.

Speaking of terrifying, do not miss His Last Vow this Sunday if you haven't seen it yet. Screw the Super Bowl.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier

Sherlock, series 3

My housemate's mom got it on DVD, so we borrowed it and I'm finally caught up.

im torn between not entirely enjoying the spazzy storytelling, and considering it to be totally appropriate for post-Reichenbach Falls stories when you consider those weird couple of short stories that were written in the third person, or the one that was supposed to be Holmes in Watson's place. Whether it's an intentional parallel to experimenting with a slightly different method of narration, or just Moffat et al. trying to be more creative, I don't really know because I haven't read anything or watched any interviews pertaining to this show. If so, it works. But like those last few short stories, it just makes the episodes less good. But I do prefer my storytelling to be mostly linear. Call me boring like that. jumping around too much between present/flashbacks vs reality/imaginary is too easy to write off as a lazy, cheap ploy to make a plot more compelling/require more thought to sort it out (which doesn't make your show seem smarter, it just insults my intelligence), or pretentious attempt at being artistic--sometimes both, and two things I could certainly do without. That being said, the mind palace/brain attic stuff was kind of cool in its trippyness.

I did like the first and second episodes, I just thought three ended it on kind of a weak note. Not weak enough for me to not want more, but definitely weak.

Watson still rules. I'm content.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Season 3 is now on Netflix! And they also added some short documentaries with it and a separate making-of called Unlocking Sherlock. It's been a few months since I've seen the Season 3 episodes, so I'm glad they're finally available!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

This show makes such awful creative decisions, god. The characters and stories are compelling enough to have kept season 3 enjoyable though.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
This show makes such awful creative decisions, god. The characters and stories are compelling enough to have kept season 3 enjoyable though.
Do you mean the whole pregnancy thing? Because I think the Watsons having a baby is a horrible idea. They just can't have a kid. And if they kill off Mary like in the stories, then what? Sherlock and John and a baby? Please, no.

I actually thought Mary was already pregnant in The Empty Hearse when she said she was only drinking water and not wine at the restaurant. What was up with that, anyway? The more I think about it, the less it makes sense.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Plus we can bitch about a baby being non-canon. I mean, John Watson with a baby is not a thing that happened. I never got why ACD married him off in the first place, since it actually hinders rather than developing the story.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:48 AM
BBC - "Miss me?" The nation's favourite detective returns to BBC One - Media centre

Quote:
Co-creator, writer and executive producer Mark Gatiss, adds: “Series Four! At last ! It's always special to return to Sherlock but this time it's even more special as we're doing... a Special! Not only THAT, we'll then be shooting three more episodes which will take Sherlock and John Watson into deeper and darker water than ever before. The whole Sherlock team are terrifically excited to return for four new adventures. The Game is on - again!"
Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Wow, I wasn't expecting an announcement about Season 4 so soon. But, then again, I'm a U2 fan, so the concept of actually getting news about something is foreign to me.

Facebook was on fire this morning, and one thing I read gave the impression that the Moriarty thing will be cleared up in the Christmas special. That would be nice to have that settled and then move on to something else (hopefully not baby-related) in Actual Season 4. I like Moriarty, but I hope he really is dead; that would be a little bit much to have him fake his death, too. I think he has a brother in the stories, though.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
Wow, I wasn't expecting an announcement about Season 4 so soon. But, then again, I'm a U2 fan, so the concept of actually getting news about something is foreign to me.

Facebook was on fire this morning, and one thing I read gave the impression that the Moriarty thing will be cleared up in the Christmas special. That would be nice to have that settled and then move on to something else (hopefully not baby-related) in Actual Season 4. I like Moriarty, but I hope he really is dead; that would be a little bit much to have him fake his death, too. I think he has a brother in the stories, though.

There's so many youtube theories it's exhausting. I'll just wait for the special. There has to be some resolution instead of stringing on fans for years.

I'm sure the Cumberbitches can't wait for the next episode:

Old 09-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #45
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:48 AM
Got Series 1 and 2 as imports (brought them in Forbidden Planet, London), the 3rd series downloaded, and on my android phone, I have the app, the network. I have played all cases. I love Sherlock. I'm currently translating the Casebook from English to French, for fun... .