Sex & The City Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH MY GOD, I LOVE sex and the city, my fave show EVER, EVER, EVER :heart:

I also loved Aiden and couldn't for the life of me work out why the hell she ever let him go, for Big?!!! :ohmy: Oooh what is that episode where aiden spends the night for the first time? I have all the dvds, am going to dig it out and watch again:D

OH MY GOD, I LOVE sex and the city, my fave show EVER, EVER, EVER :heart:

I also loved Aiden and couldn't for the life of me work out why the hell she ever let him go, for Big?!!! :ohmy: Oooh what is that episode where aiden spends the night for the first time? I have all the dvds, am going to dig it out and watch again:D

The one where he draws the bath with candles for her? That was "Are We Sluts?" from Season 3.

Aiden is my dream guy.

Sarah-Jessica-Parker-John-Corbett-1103.jpg

^I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Granted a lot of guys act like that, especially early in a relationship to get what they want from a woman, but that was clearly who Aidan truly was. He was genuine, sweet, and truly would do anything to make the woman he was with happy. There was nothing fake about him. He was an amazing man, and in real life, I would call Carrie crazy for not choosing him.

^I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Granted a lot of guys act like that, especially early in a relationship to get what they want from a woman, but that was clearly who Aidan truly was. He was genuine, sweet, and truly would do anything to make the woman he was with happy. There was nothing fake about him. He was an amazing man, and in real life, I would call Carrie crazy for not choosing him.

As much as I love Mr Big I gotta say that Adian would have been the best choice! Seriously that guy worshipped the ground that Carrie walked on! What more could a girl ask for? :wink: Well he's really hot too :drool:

I don't doubt Aidan was a great guy and a great catch for some woman . . . just not Carrie.

They didn't fit, they didn't quite match up and I believe that's what she finally realized in 'Change Of A Dress'. Aidan was a great guy, but I'm sure the woman he did marry was a much better wife for him than Carrie ever would've been.

Sad, but true.

^ This is true. Remember that episode where Carrie kept wanting to dress up and go out at night and Aidan was a couch slug with a bucket of chicken? He was such a turn off to me in that episode. Great guy and all, but he wasn't right for Carrie, and he wouldn't be right for me either.

I don't doubt Aidan was a great guy and a great catch for some woman . . . just not Carrie.

They didn't fit, they didn't quite match up and I believe that's what she finally realized in 'Change Of A Dress'. Aidan was a great guy, but I'm sure the woman he did marry was a much better wife for him than Carrie ever would've been.

Sad, but true.

This. He can be the perfect man for me, then.:love:

^ This is true. Remember that episode where Carrie kept wanting to dress up and go out at night and Aidan was a couch slug with a bucket of chicken? He was such a turn off to me in that episode. Great guy and all, but he wasn't right for Carrie, and he wouldn't be right for me either.

I kinda agree with you there. It wouldn't have killed him to go with her, but I thought Carrie was a little immature at that point to. I love going out and getting dressed up, but I never made a big deal of it if my ex-boyfriend didn't want to go to. That's what friends are for. She always dragged her feet when it came to do doing what he wanted to do, so I don't know what was so surprising about him doing it as well.

Sad, but true.

This. He can be the perfect man for me, then.:love:

When you get sick of him send him over for me. Thanks :up:

I kinda agree with you there. It wouldn't have killed him to go with her, but I thought Carrie was a little immature at that point to. I love going out and getting dressed up, but I never made a big deal of it if my ex-boyfriend didn't want to go to. That's what friends are for. She always dragged her feet when it came to do doing what he wanted to do, so I don't know what was so surprising about him doing it as well.

But the point was, that's who Carrie Bradshaw was, and that's who Aidan was. Carrie hated the country house, Aidan hated the glitz of NYC nightlife. Neither was right or wrong or better - they were just incompatible in ways that were important to both of them.

But the point was, that's who Carrie Bradshaw was, and that's who Aidan was. Carrie hated the country house, Aidan hated the glitz of NYC nightlife. Neither was right or wrong or better - they were just incompatible in ways that were important to both of them.

Right on the nose! Bullseye!

I couldn't have said it any better. :up:

I think inherently they both represent, almost like, different eras. Aidan was old-fashioned and home-y and apple pie and a bit conservative, while Carrie was progressive and somewhat post-modern and adventurous and (like they say in 'Ex And The City') a bit wild and untamed.

Like Joyful said, one isn't better or worse than the other, but the two together never really seemed like it would have the makings of a life-long, lasting, intimate relationship.

Just my $0.02

:)

^ Agree.

I watched the movie again last night (I saw it once in the theater, that's it) and I couldn't believe how teary and choked up I got all over again. Man, that scene where Carrie shoves the flowers in Big's face, and the Mexico scenes where she's grieving, I truly felt her pain. I'm watching a friend go through a bad breakup and it's a lot like that. I was also easier on Big in my head this time around.

The one where he draws the bath with candles for her? That was "Are We Sluts?" from Season 3.

Thank you!! :D Oooh I shall hunt down my dvd box set and watch it again. Ohhh how I love that show. I loved Aiden, I always thought she should of ended up with him and was most gutted when she ended up with Big......but I kinda get what you guys are saying Aiden wasn't right for her.......even as perfect as he was :heart: Big woulda drove me insane! :lol: But ya know its the comfort vs passion thing as someone pointed out!

One of my favorite quotes from the entire series (and one that's helped me immensly the last week):

"Maybe we can be each other's soulmates, and guys can just be there for fun?" (If someone knows the exact quote, let me know, haha) :up:

Oh yes, I know the one you mean :up:
Oooh I know this one is a quote from SATC but I can never remember where from or exactly how it goes, but I often think of it, it goes something like 'people come into your life, for a reason, a season or a lifetime'.......so true!! If anyone knows what season/episode its from haha :D

Anyone going to see the new movie??

I loved the show, I hated the first movie but knowing Aidan is appearing in the new movie has gotten me all rattled up in the good way. Rawr.

I'm aware she's probably not going to leave Big and have Aidan's babies but I still wanna see my country guy on a big screen :love:

My coworkers really want to go see it opening weekend, and we did have a really good time with the first one, making a night out of it, so that will be fun, even if the movie sucks.

My coworkers really want to go see it opening weekend, and we did have a really good time with the first one, making a night out of it, so that will be fun, even if the movie sucks.

:up:

My friends and I did the same thing opening night. We saw the midnight showing and had fun together and it was a great time especially since my boyfriend and his friends also went to make fun of us all. No I didn't make him go. Though I was terribly disappointed with the film, there were no regrets. I hope to have a fun time seeing this one too

I didn't think the movie was as amazing as the show, but I still loved it. Only one of my friends likes the show, and we're planning on going opening night and going out for Cosmos beforehand. We weren't 21 when the first one came out.:lol: I fangirl'ed so hard when I saw Aidan in the trailer! :love: I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom