Sex & The City Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cripes, so we may have to buy tix in advance? Ugh, lol.

We went to the 11:10am showing and we bought tickets in advance and when we got there it was EMPTY :lol: But by the time we got out the theater was packed...people were there buying tickets for Saturday night showings and those were sold out already, so I guess it depends on the time you go.

I'm really looking forward to our Sex and The City luncheon next week. I rounded up as many girlfriends as I could find, and we're having lunch then going to see the movie. I'm just sad my best friend isn't with me, we once did a marathon season 4 and 5 session and she is the person i talk to about satc the most.

I love though my friends (male) comment when I said i was organising a lunch for my girlfriends and we're going to drink cocktails and wine and talka bout sex he said 'but you do that every time you have lunch!' hahahaha
he just wants to know if his wife talks about him to me, and she does :shh: hahaha!

oh i can't wait! :D

No spoilers here:

I enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I loved it, loved it yet, but I left satisfied. Maybe a little long and I found myself not caring as much about Samantha's storyline, but that's usually how I felt about her on the show! :wink:

I laughed, I teared up a few times, I shouted at the screen a few times, and was wholly satisfied with the resolution of the main story.

I have NEVER seen such an audience packed full of excited women. It was like the female equivalent of a "big geek event movie." It was pretty great. Like Mecca for the chick flick set.

Mr. Big: :drool: Seriously. I don't know what it is about him. Just :drool:

I was never a huge fan of his, but eventually I came around... I mean, after all, we all have our own version of a Mr. Big in our lives, don't we? :shifty:

I sure did. Off and on. Off and on. Off and on. OFF. And staying off.

:wink:

Did no one else see it yesterday or Friday? I was expecting this thread to be full of comments from people who've seen it already.

. I mean, after all, we all have our own version of a Mr. Big in our lives, don't we? :shifty:

QFMFT. I swear, mine must be Big's secret son.:rolleyes: When it came to committment or actually showing emotion, he was the Teflon guy.:lol: Of course it's only taken the past 4.5 years of ups and downs (mostly downs) to realize that.:banghead: First loves die hard, don't they?:sigh:

I sure did. Off and on. Off and on. Off and on. OFF. And staying off.

:wink:

Did no one else see it yesterday or Friday? I was expecting this thread to be full of comments from people who've seen it already.

I saw it twice on Wednesday. I don't want to say anything because lots of folk still haven't seen it yet. Maybe we could have a SATC movie thread?

No, I didn't mean full reviews, I just expected more people to pop in just to say they saw it, and give initial reactions.

I don't know if it needs its own thread. Maybe we treat it like other shows/movies. If it's out and you haven't seen it yet and don't want to be spoiled, you just stay out of any message board threads that are dedicated to that show or movie?

I don't care one way or the other - I know everyone has their own opinions about spoilers.

I won't be able to reasonably see the movie for a while - I'm watching the show on DVD right now, and I pretty much have to watch it alone - my fiancee hates the show and we're getting married in four weeks, so I'm watching it while packing and stuff, hoping to get as much in as possible. I could just watch it on TBS, but it's just no fun that way.

In an aside, how gender-defiance-tastic is it that the I, the male, love the show and my soon-to-be wife can't stand it?

No spoilers here:

I have NEVER seen such an audience packed full of excited women. It was like the female equivalent of a "big geek event movie." It was pretty great. Like Mecca for the chick flick set.

I wore a cute sundress and heels to the show - have never seen so many cute outfits in one theatre, so much that when my mom (who had dressed in jeans and a tshirt) said she never got the memo I said as one impeccibly dressed girl walked by, "this is an event movie - this is Star Wars for girls. that girl there? would have so been in a storm trooper costume..." :lol:

Saw it last night. LOVED IT!!!! :heart:

And (at least in our theater), I loved how Charlotte got the biggest cheers and applause in the whole movie. I won't spoil it, but our crowd went crazy at that Charlotte part.

DEFINITELY going to see it again and again! :D

Charlotte rocks in this movie. :yes:

Yes she does. I LOVED her. My friend Jennifer is just like Charlotte and I felt like Carrie in the scene when that certain something goes down with Big in the street. :shh: I just saw myself when Jennifer used to hold me when my ex and I had a huge fight and I was raging.

:) It's so great because I think we can all find a certain part of ourselves in each of the characters, or at least one of them.

My favorite quote was: "Charlotte, you shit your pants this year."

I wore a cute sundress and heels to the show - have never seen so many cute outfits in one theatre, so much that when my mom (who had dressed in jeans and a tshirt) said she never got the memo I said as one impeccibly dressed girl walked by, "this is an event movie - this is Star Wars for girls. that girl there? would have so been in a storm trooper costume..." :lol:

I KNOW. Everyone was so dressed up. My girls and I (all 8 of us) dressed to the nines and went to dinner beforehand. There were women of all ages in the theatre, which I think is just amazing. I love when women get to come together with other women and celebrate something fun once in a while, especially surrounding the theme of friendship. It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Four women behind us brought thermoses full of cosmopolitans and were drinking them during the show. :D So awesome.

Oh my word.:love: It was frickin' amazing!:drool: I could not have asked for anything more. The clothes, the shoes,:combust::combust: were gorgeous. The writing, the acting, the plot lines; everything was taken to the next level. I laughed, I cried, I gasped in shock, I got pissed off. It was such a brilliant way to pay tribute. :heart:

I definitely dressed cute. I wore this cherry red mini-dress over black leggings, and my cherry red round-toe pumps from Victoria's Secret. My friend wore jeans, a cute cami and these sparkly blue-green sandals. Everyone in my theatre looked cute.

I saw it on Saturday and I couldn't believe how many women were packed in there, with the 4 or 5 males :lol: So many were dressed up too, I didn't think to do that. And nearly everyone had a cosmo during the movie. Loved the movie, loved Charlotte esp. :love: Wasn't sure if I was feeling Samantha's storyline. I totally teared up at a certain moment involving Carrie. Jennifer Hudson was a nice addition I thought. think I'm seeing it again Saturday afternoon.

I enjoyed it but was expecting it to be better. :uhoh:

Stanford and Anthony?!?!?! What's going on there. :confused: They couldn't stand each other and when the series ended Stanford was with Marcus.

I'm not sure why Carrie needed the assistant either. That storyline seemed like a waste of time.

I wasn't too fussed on Samantha's story either. They should have just kept her in NY. It seemed strange having her somewhere else, especially when all she did was fly back and forth. They screamed everytime they clapped eyes on her but she couldn't have been gone for more than 5 days. :lol:

Although I knew it would happen, why did Carrie end up with Mr B?! Nothing in any series suggested that he was the man she should have been with. I just can't see how that would ever end well.

To be fair the second time I went to see it the cinema was packed and it was much more fun. The first time my sister sat the whole way through it complaining about things. I think it was a fine movie and I'm happy with where the story is now. :up:

Lara, I am totoally getting the first spoiler you mentioned... It was a funny moment, but seemed awfully slapped together.

As for the second one, I would have agreed at first, but if you think of the ending, it makes sense.

Last one... Totally, it was like, what's the point? But um, I enjoyed some aspects of it. :shifty: :lol:

The fasioh was to DIE for. :drool:

I saw it last night with a friend (a male...lol) and he enjoyed it more than I did cos he's a freak for New York City.

Although I've heard about the show I've never seen it so I wasn't familiar with the stories of the characters. Add to that the fact that I've never been in a relationship, never had sex, would rather spend 400 USD on a vacation than on a pair of shoes and don't really connect with New York City, there was little in that movie that held my interest and that I could identify with.

That being said.....Jennifer Hudson was great! I'm really rooting for this girl and I'm so happy that American Idol finally produced a contestant with actual TALENT....lol.

So on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 3.

Sorry.

Ok, who thinks the best line was "my dog just ran up on your dick... deck!"

:giggle:

I quite liked the "I'm eating everything except [name of character]'s d**k" line :lol:

Re: Spoiler 2 - I guess it does make sense but I thought they could have made time for other characters. :shrug:

I loved the wedding frocks. :drool:

Yes! :lmao:

No spoilers here, but, who else was grinning when the tutu made its appearance? :D

Me! :D

It's great to see that so many fans are enjoying this movie. For me it completely lived up to my expectations! Have to agree about Charollette too. Always liked her but fell in love with her in the movie.

Speaking of quotes how about "I curse the day you were born"? :lol:

I disagree with your #3 spoiler comment. Maybe I'm weird ... but considering I had my own Mr Big in my life (although not quite the same - he ain't the love of my life :wink: ), it probably explains a lot!

I feel the only reason they had the plot be what it was in that aspect was to ... well crap, I can't say anymore without spoiling. Oh well. I'll just leave it as me going "NUH-UH" to your comment. :wink:

And I maintain that I thought Jennifer Hudson was kinda bad in this.

Back
Top Bottom