Sex & The City Appreciation Thread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #316
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:15 AM
I liked Aiden, especially when they met and went on several dates before they did the deed. And Carrie was wondering if something was wrong, and then, eventually he drew her a bath, got in, and then the following date where they went to listen to music, and he knew all along he was planning to spend the nite (got a dogsitter) without telling her in advance

Old 11-14-2008, 01:46 AM   #317
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:15 PM
i think i'm getting sick. 1) i watched the movie. 2) i didn't hate it. forget being sick, terminally ill is more like it. i also have watched a number of the chopped up safe for cable re-runs, being ashamed of this fact and making sure not to leave the tv on tbs when i turned it off, lest someone else turn on the tv after me and figure out what i was watching (my family would be nosy like that).

Old 11-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

*points & laughs*
Old 11-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #319
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:15 PM
One of my favorite quotes from the entire series (and one that's helped me immensly the last week):

"Maybe we can be each other's soulmates, and guys can just be there for fun?" (If someone knows the exact quote, let me know, haha)
Old 11-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #320
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
One of my favorite quotes from the entire series (and one that's helped me immensly the last week):

"Maybe we can be each other's soulmates, and guys can just be there for fun?" (If someone knows the exact quote, let me know, haha)
I loved that quote. I remember it was Charlotte that said it. I don't remember when it was, though. My favorite quote from the entire series is the one from the ending montage of the series finale where Carrie is talking about all the different types of relationships and then says, "But the most exciting, significant and challenging relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to the love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."

ETA: One of my favorite scenes in the entire series is from the last episode of Season 2 'Ex and the City' where Carrie finds out Big is engaged to Natasha. That final scene where she's walking away from him at the Plaza after she does her The Way We Were thing to him is perfection. I LOVE that quote, "Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they're supposed to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them." Right as she's saying that, she sees one of the horses from the carriage rides struggling to get out of its bit. It was a great metaphor. I watched that episode after a particularly bad day with an ex boyfriend and I literally burst into tears when I saw it.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #321
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
I liked Aiden, especially when they met and went on several dates before they did the deed. And Carrie was wondering if something was wrong, and then, eventually he drew her a bath, got in, and then the following date where they went to listen to music, and he knew all along he was planning to spend the nite (got a dogsitter) without telling her in advance
I just popped in the DVD the other day and watched that episode. Its one of my favorites. It totally made me realize why I fell in love with Aidan in the first place. He was such a gentleman.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #322
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Just saw this from the Associated Press. I'm excited, and know that Carlos is, too

Parker and gal pals plan more `Sex and the City'

LOS ANGELES - There's still sex to be had in the city, even though Carrie Bradshaw has settled down with one man.

New Line Cinema spokeswoman Candice McDonough confirms that "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker , her three co-stars and writer-director Michael Patrick King are signed for a sequel to last year's hit movie.

The film will reunite Parker and gal pals Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon.

In a statement, King says: "I'm very excited to work with these amazing actresses again and would love to give everyone more information about the sequel ... but I'm busy with my `Sex' life."

New Line parent Warner Bros . plans to have the sequel out in summer 2010.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #323
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:15 PM
WHY GOD WHY????????????????????????????????

One movie was enough - what, her dilemma this time is if she ought to put Big in a retirement home?????

I think I'll sit this one out.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #324
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I read a mini-interview with Michael Patrick King where he said the sequel storyline won't be some huge, dramatic thing like Big leaving Carrie at the alter or Steve cheating on Miranda. He said you can only go to that well once and then you have to look somewhere else. So he said it would be a different kind of story, in line with some of the other, less dramatic, aspects of the series.

What that means, I don't know. But I'm glad they're aware enough to not try to repeat the first movie. Phew!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #325
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Im actually happy that they are doing another movie. Now if they were trying to follow up to the first one then no.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #326
ONE
love, blood, life

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too. Like Fitz and Shannon said, if they were going to make some huge dramatic storyline again, I don't know how I'd feel, but if they just make a good movie, I'll be thrilled. I still miss my SATC. Sometimes, popping in those DVDs are just what you need.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
WHY GOD WHY????????????????????????????????

One movie was enough - what, her dilemma this time is if she ought to put Big in a retirement home?????

I think I'll sit this one out.
Fat chance. You'll go and laugh and cry and eat a bucket of popcorn like the rest of us and you know it.

I've been watching the whole series again On Demand and I get so addicted. I can watch it for hours. There are very few things I can watch over and over and over, and this is one of them.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #328
ONE
love, blood, life

It was a sad sad sad day when SATC stopped making episodes Thank god there for the dvd's
Old 03-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #329
ONE
love, blood, life

I love this show. I would marry it if I could. Like JG said, I can watch this show over and over again. I've been watching my Season 3 DVDs a lot lately, and just got done with the Carrie/Big affair arc. That's the only time where I really didn't like Carrie. Aidan was so perfect and loving and amazing, and I can't believe she threw that away on Big. I watched "Running With Scissors" last night with MPK's commentary, and he said they made Aidan that way on purpose to make Carrie look even worse. I love it. On a side note, what do you guys think of Season 1? It's always been one of my favorite seasons because it has such an indie, eclectic raw feeling to it, but I've seen online that a lot of people hate it. I really don't get why.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #330
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't hate Season 1 but I wouldn't say it's my favorite either. There were a lot of really good episodes that came out of that season.

Tags
sarah jessica parker, sex and the city