Sex & The City Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When my friends and I get together, I'm the designated bartender. So one time I made the "Flirtinis" from the last scene in Season 3 -- they came out like total crap! :barf:

But then, this past Labor Day weekend, at a swimming pool BBQ, a new friend of ours made them and they came out SO YUMMIE :drool: The secret is Vanilla vodka and tiny bit of something carbonated! :drool:

Carrie: Flirtinis. Vodka, champagne and pineapple juice.

Samantha: Flirtini? Oh-ho! I'm way past a Flirtini, I need a Fucktini!

FitzChivalry said:
When my friends and I get together, I'm the designated bartender. So one time I made the "Flirtinis" from the last scene in Season 3 -- they came out like total crap! :barf:

But then, this past Labor Day weekend, at a swimming pool BBQ, a new friend of ours made them and they came out SO YUMMIE :drool: The secret is Vanilla vodka and tiny bit of something carbonated! :drool:

Carrie: Flirtinis. Vodka, champagne and pineapple juice.

Samantha: Flirtini? Oh-ho! I'm way past a Flirtini, I need a Fucktini!

Flirtinis :drool:

I had some when I was at Caroline's in NYC a few years back.

I hear Sam on that one. :lol: :wink:

I miss this show so much. I am SO happy that the movie is happening after all!

I do watch it here and there when it's on TV - but it's not the same. If you havent seen the originals - dont start with the syndication. Rent the DVDs!

I thought Aiden (John Corbett) was very sweet & a good guy, and attractive, and had a dog :cute: In other things, like Serendipity, not so much. Nor in real life :shrug:

Big on the other hand.... :combust: Absofukkinlutely :sexywink:

My friends and I for about two years had SATC thursdays. It culminated with season 6 then we just went through the DVD's time and time again.

I loved Aiden, but was glad when they broke up cause he was too down to earth for her. When you watch it you can totally see she never truly loved him, otherwise she wouldn't have been so reluctant to take every "committed" step he offered her. She bitched and moaned that Big was emotionally unavailable and she was exactly that to Aiden.

I always cry watching the scene when he leaves and she says she can't watch him go - because i've been in that exact situation, and spent 5 hours crying in the bathroom after hearing the front door close. Too many painful memories (i was the breaker upper like carrie, and i don't think it hurts any less that way!)

Also we had this major discussion, about how big eally wasn't as big an asshole as the other girls and carrie makes him out to be. So many moments throughout the series it could go the relationship way and she rejects it (biggest moment was when she was caught by natasha and walks away from big, and his promise)

anyway, i do do do do love the show, and all the great moments and all the flaws, it seriously is a show i can watch again and again without feeling bored.

After seeing this thread last night, I was flipping channels for an episode, and caught 'Unoriginal Sin'. Miranda's baby gets 'baptized' and Carrie finds out they might want to make a book of her column. And Samantha gets back together with Richard.

You guys have made me pull out the 2 seasons that I have on dvd. Desperately need the other seasons to complete my collection!

I enjoyed Samantha's strong character. However I liked how they showed a softer side to her. Oh and Steve had to be the sweetest guy they ever had on the show :cute: Thought him and Miranda were just so cute together.

First photo from the movie set. Those shoes look like torture devices :yikes:

satc-moviestill.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:
SPOILER

They had footage on ET last night, it looked like she was saying "my water broke". Oh well, that cat is out of the bag..

kristin_davis.jpg
I heard about that too. I'm so excited Charlotte's finally going to be a mom. She's my favorite! :love:

Back
Top Bottom