Old 06-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #226
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:28 AM
That was one of the saddest parts it got to me too

Old 06-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #227
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:28 AM
That was sad, but it also made me mad, because it just screamed "PLOT DEVICE!!" I thought Big, being Big, would have done more to get things back on track. But I suppose to have that be the main point of the movie, it had to happen that way.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Quote:
I just came from the theater and with all due respect to the opinion that Big was a romantic in this film, I call bullshit.
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonosBaby12 View Post
That was one of the saddest parts it got to me too
Same here. That, the bridge reunion, and when Carrie gets the phone call from Big to say he's not going ahead with the wedding were all very sad moments.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #229
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh god the bridge reunion had me holding my breath! Talk about nerve wracking lol.

Another sad part is all of the girls together and they are tending to Cari
Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #230
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:28 AM
I have to see this movie sometime this week!

I just want to comment about Aidan. I don't agree that he was that wonderful. I saw him as a very "My way or the highway" kinda guy, a strong, stubborn personality, and he was just not right for Carrie. I almost married one of those, so I can spot that type a mile away!!! :-)
Old 06-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #231
Refugee

Local Time: 09:28 AM
All through the movie I was staring at Cynthia Nixon's mouth and listening to her talk and wondering where the hell have I seen her before??? I've been wracking my brain for days until the coin finally dropped......AMADEUS!!!!

Remember the scene where Salieri sends a maid to Mozart's house - supposedly as an anonymous gift but actually to spy for him? Well.....she's the maid!

No one has a mouth like hers.....lol.

Check this out......recognize anyone at 1.32??

YouTube - Lacrymosa (Requiem, W.A. Mozart)
Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #232
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Quote:

Another sad part is all of the girls together and they are tending to Cari
when Samantha is feeding her...ugh!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #233
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Girl416 View Post
when Samantha is feeding her...ugh!
OMG YES!!!! I am not ashamed to say that I cried.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #234
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Quote:
OMG YES!!!! I am not ashamed to say that I cried.
me too
Old 06-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #235
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:28 AM
Just got back from the movie. I really liked it. Liked the way it ended. Liked the closet scene near the end you guys were talking about. Charlotte rocked - I think she Poughkeepsied, LOL! That was hilarious! I've always liked Big/Chris Noth, and even more so in the beginning of the film.

Lots of women in the theater - I think we counted 4 men total. A whole row of older/elderly women were in front of us. Thought that was pretty cool in the range of the show's appeal.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #236
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 07:28 PM
just got back and I LOVED it.
Was I the only one that got teary lots and lots of times? It all started when the girls were being re-introduced and on the street with Carrie and Big and the flowers. . . .oh geez, if it was a DVD I would've had to pause it to compose myself
Old 06-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #237
ONE
love, blood, life

Saw it for the 2nd time yesterdy and once again the tears came right along! How can someone NOT love this movie?!
Old 06-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #238
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:28 AM

Finally saw it!!!!!!!

I thought Big was very romantic at points, there were times he just had me melting. I think Carrie is just a little too selfish at times, like when Big was trying to take care of the email with the contractor. That scene made Big look like a jerk and Carrie look like a poor hurt woman with the mean man. I realize this is a movie, but let's just imagine this was real for a sec. In reality...couldn't a girl just give her man ten minutes to finish up the email with the contractor (a contractor that is a benefit to both of them, by the way) and then discuss wedding details afterwards? That scene annoyed me.

Okay...more spoileriffic stuff in another color...

Before the movie, I predicted Samantha and Smith wouldn't stay together. As I watched the movie though, I thought, oh, they're gonna work out...so I was surprised that they did split. Everything was perfect on paper, and most would have thought she was a fool for leaving what appeared to be such a great situation...but she didn't care, she wasn't happy. She knew what she wanted, she didn't have it...so she was gone. It was sad, but I liked it. I also loved that Samantha didn't cheat on him.

I was surprised that who Steve had sex with didn't even come up as a question from Miranda. That would be the first thing I'd want to know if my man revealed something like that. I mean, was it a longtime friend he's still in touch with? Someone he met in the bar and never saw again? A hooker? I mean, cheating is cheating, but...ya know. Maybe for the sake of the movie though, they decided not to pull in another character.

Charlotte was so great in this movie, I loved the intense moments of anger she had towards Big, and she had some really funny moments. I love when she revealed what her opening line would be to Big if she ever saw him again...and when she actually said it to him...and, of course, when she crapped her pants.

I love, love, LOVE Big. He's charming, witty, and ultimately sweet. He's just not good at always showing exactly how he's feeling...but it's not like he's the only guy guilty of that...and a lot of those guys don't have any of that other good stuff going for them. Big means well. His role in the movie was his best yet because the arrogance got strippd away and we saw him be more vulnerable, more insecure, more genuine. Before the movie, I had predicted that they were going to get married...and something was going to go wrong to stop that (surely because of Big), but they would still get married. I was right, so...yeah, the main part of the movie was predictable for me, but it didn't make the movie any less enjoyable.

I liked Jennifer Hudson's character more than I thought I would...although all of the Louise puns did get a little annoying. I also thought it was kind of unrealistic for Carrie to be hiring a personal assistant, it didn't flow well, it just seemed like an easy way to force this new character into things. Like I said though, I did actually enjoy her character, so that was nice. I thought it was weird for her to save all of Big's emails though. Yes, I realize it had to go that way for the plot to work...but, ignoring movie stuff and being realistic...if somebody hired me as a personal assistant and told me she didn't want to see this person's emails ever again, I wouldn't store them in a separate folder under my account...I'd block them, and they'd get trashed. I know though, I know...that's why it's a movie, not real life!!

Oh, and I loved when Samantha yelled at the guy at the rehearsal dinner! She's awesome.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #239
Blue Crack Distributor

The last line of your post was indeed great. I love Samantha.

I remember Carrie's line to her and Miranda: "Wow, you two could just rule the world..."

I had the chance to see it again this morning, but opted out. I think once is enough for me, until the dvd at least.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
The last line of your post was indeed great. I love Samantha.

I had the chance to see it again this morning, but opted out. I think once is enough for me, until the dvd at least.
She's a great character.

I saw it for the third time yesterday. That is DEFINITELY enough for now.

Tags
sarah jessica parker, sex and the city