Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #196
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Charlotte rocks in this movie.
Yes she does. I LOVED her. My friend Jennifer is just like Charlotte and I felt like Carrie in the scene when that certain something goes down with Big in the street. I just saw myself when Jennifer used to hold me when my ex and I had a huge fight and I was raging.

It's so great because I think we can all find a certain part of ourselves in each of the characters, or at least one of them.

My favorite quote was: "Charlotte, you shit your pants this year."

Old 06-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #197
New Yorker

Quote:
I wore a cute sundress and heels to the show - have never seen so many cute outfits in one theatre, so much that when my mom (who had dressed in jeans and a tshirt) said she never got the memo I said as one impeccibly dressed girl walked by, "this is an event movie - this is Star Wars for girls. that girl there? would have so been in a storm trooper costume..."

I KNOW. Everyone was so dressed up. My girls and I (all 8 of us) dressed to the nines and went to dinner beforehand. There were women of all ages in the theatre, which I think is just amazing. I love when women get to come together with other women and celebrate something fun once in a while, especially surrounding the theme of friendship. It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Four women behind us brought thermoses full of cosmopolitans and were drinking them during the show. So awesome.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #198
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Oh my word. It was frickin' amazing! I could not have asked for anything more. The clothes, the shoes, were gorgeous. The writing, the acting, the plot lines; everything was taken to the next level. I laughed, I cried, I gasped in shock, I got pissed off. It was such a brilliant way to pay tribute.

I definitely dressed cute. I wore this cherry red mini-dress over black leggings, and my cherry red round-toe pumps from Victoria's Secret. My friend wore jeans, a cute cami and these sparkly blue-green sandals. Everyone in my theatre looked cute.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #199
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
I saw it on Saturday and I couldn't believe how many women were packed in there, with the 4 or 5 males So many were dressed up too, I didn't think to do that. And nearly everyone had a cosmo during the movie. Loved the movie, loved Charlotte esp. Wasn't sure if I was feeling Samantha's storyline. I totally teared up at a certain moment involving Carrie. Jennifer Hudson was a nice addition I thought. think I'm seeing it again Saturday afternoon.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:11 AM
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

I enjoyed it but was expecting it to be better.

Stanford and Anthony?!?!?! What's going on there. They couldn't stand each other and when the series ended Stanford was with Marcus.

I'm not sure why Carrie needed the assistant either. That storyline seemed like a waste of time.

I wasn't too fussed on Samantha's story either. They should have just kept her in NY. It seemed strange having her somewhere else, especially when all she did was fly back and forth. They screamed everytime they clapped eyes on her but she couldn't have been gone for more than 5 days.

Although I knew it would happen, why did Carrie end up with Mr B?! Nothing in any series suggested that he was the man she should have been with. I just can't see how that would ever end well.

To be fair the second time I went to see it the cinema was packed and it was much more fun. The first time my sister sat the whole way through it complaining about things. I think it was a fine movie and I'm happy with where the story is now.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #202
Blue Crack Distributor

Lara, I am totoally getting the first spoiler you mentioned... It was a funny moment, but seemed awfully slapped together.

As for the second one, I would have agreed at first, but if you think of the ending, it makes sense.

Last one... Totally, it was like, what's the point? But um, I enjoyed some aspects of it.

The fasioh was to DIE for.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #203
Refugee

Local Time: 11:11 PM
I saw it last night with a friend (a male...lol) and he enjoyed it more than I did cos he's a freak for New York City.

Although I've heard about the show I've never seen it so I wasn't familiar with the stories of the characters. Add to that the fact that I've never been in a relationship, never had sex, would rather spend 400 USD on a vacation than on a pair of shoes and don't really connect with New York City, there was little in that movie that held my interest and that I could identify with.

That being said.....Jennifer Hudson was great! I'm really rooting for this girl and I'm so happy that American Idol finally produced a contestant with actual TALENT....lol.

So on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 3.

Sorry.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #204
Blue Crack Distributor

Ok, who thinks the best line was "my dog just ran up on your dick... deck!"

Old 06-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #205
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Ok, who thinks the best line was "my dog just ran up on your dick... deck!"

I quite liked the "I'm eating everything except [name of character]'s d**k" line

Re: Spoiler 2 - I guess it does make sense but I thought they could have made time for other characters.

I loved the wedding frocks.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #206
Blue Crack Distributor

Yes!

And the wedding dresses, omg... I never want to wear a wedding dress (even if I do get married) but those made me slightly reconsider.

No spoilers here, but, who else was grinning when the tutu made its appearance?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I never thought I'd want a wedding dress but then when I started paying attention and talking about them the urge to get something really fancy took over.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:01 AM   #208
Blue Crack Distributor

I probably will opt for something a little wedding-y, but eh, who knows? I have to find a decent guy first!

Ok, girls/guys - everyone needs to report back as soon as they see it so we can discuss it.

I loved one of Smith's first scenes... and
Old 06-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #209
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Quote:
Yes!

Me!

It's great to see that so many fans are enjoying this movie. For me it completely lived up to my expectations! Have to agree about Charollette too. Always liked her but fell in love with her in the movie.

Speaking of quotes how about "I curse the day you were born"?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #210
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:11 PM
I disagree with your #3 spoiler comment. Maybe I'm weird ... but considering I had my own Mr Big in my life (although not quite the same - he ain't the love of my life ), it probably explains a lot!

I feel the only reason they had the plot be what it was in that aspect was to ... well crap, I can't say anymore without spoiling. Oh well. I'll just leave it as me going "NUH-UH" to your comment.

And I maintain that I thought Jennifer Hudson was kinda bad in this.

Tags
sarah jessica parker, sex and the city