Saturday Night Live (SNL)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Season Premier tonight, with Michael Phelps as host. Rumored Barack Obama appearance. And this, posted on Yahoooooooooooo

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer
Sat Sep 13, 12:14 AM ET

NEW YORK - Tina Fey is "likely" to play Gov. Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live," said a person close to NBC's sketch comedy show.

Fey is "likely" to return to her former show Saturday to play the Alaskan governor and Sen. John McCain's running mate, a person close to the show told The Associated Press on Friday night. The person requested anonymity because the decision has not been announced officially. No further details were available.

Since Palin's entry onto the national political stage, speculation has been rampant over who might play Palin on the program. Many have commented that Fey resembles her.

In an interview earlier this week with The AP, "SNL" executive producer and creator Lorne Michaels said, "The whole world cast her in that role."

The final decision went down to the last minute, apparently. "SNL" premieres Saturday evening with Michael Phelps as host and a planned appearance from Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee for president.

Fey was a cast member and writer — including a stint as head writer — for "SNL" for nine years before leaving in 2006 to star in "30 Rock," which is also produced by Michaels. On Tuesday, Michaels said that should Fey play Palin, she was unlikely to remain in the part in the long-term, which depending on the election results, could be for four years or longer.

Fey's publicist did not immediately return a call requesting comment.

capt.6b4bc431ec714e4abe469d3882226810.people_snl_tina_fey_ny107.jpg

:hyper:

Couldn't find any old SNL threads, so I figured I'd start a new one. There's plenty of years, cast & characters to talk about :)

The sketch with the ugly children was slow at first, but had me cracking up by the end. All of these sketches seem like 12:50 sketches though... so that's not good.

The opening sketch was brilliant.
Tina Fey had her voice down pat.

Other than that, pretty much on par with the last 4 or 5 years. Hit and miss.

I love Andy Samburg for some reason. I fucking loved the sketch from last year where he is the singing superhero trying to save the woman from the mugger. And the white rapper of course is great. Space Olympics was my style as well. Just straight up goofball.

Glad to see Amy still on the show, I thought she was leaving.

Darrell Hammond still needs to go. I am sick the fuck of him.

Bill Hader is great yet criminally underused.
Jason Sudekis is good. Fred Armisen is good. Kristen Wiig is hilarious.
Throw in Amy and that's 5. That's not enough for a solid cast.

The writing is not horrible but outiside of the political sketches, it's not much better than MadTv these days, which is sad. Although it IS better because MadTV has the same problem, hit and miss. It's just, used to be, that show couldn't compete even on SNL's worst days.

I hate when athletes host. Almost all of them suck, like bad. Phelps, sorry dude.
Including one of my favorite athletes of all time, Joe Montana.
Although he did have a funny ass line and if you remember it, you win a cookie.

It was ok tonite. Don't understand Lil Wayne. Phelps was good as a host for an athlete I thought. :up: Having his mom there too was funny! He only flubbed a couple lines and was in almost every skit! It's amazing how much Tina Fey and Sarah Palin look alike! I think Fey over did Palin's "accent" though. It's not that noticeable.

I hope they manage some decent guest hosts and musical guests this season. Next week, Kings of Leon. :doh:

I love Andy Samburg for some reason. I fucking loved the sketch from last year where he is the singing superhero trying to save the woman from the mugger. And the white rapper of course is great. Space Olympics was my style as well. Just straight up goofball.

hotrodposter.jpg

I thought Michael Phelps did a great job. I always give athletes and other non-actors/tresses more lee-way because, obviously, this isn't their strong suit. Tina Fey was amazing as Sarah Palin. I hope she comes back again. The ugly children was definitely my favorite of the sketches. I remember they did that last year when Seth Rogen hosted, and it was hilarious then too. My absolute was favorite part was Fred Armisen as Nicholas Fehn during Weekend Update. He hasn't played that character in awhile, but its one of my favorites. I was laughing so hard I was couldn't breathe by the end of it. I turned the channel during Lil Wayne.:lol: I can't wait to see my future husband, James Franco, host next week.:combust:

It's amazing how much Tina Fey and Sarah Palin look alike! I think Fey over did Palin's "accent" though. It's not that noticable.

I only saw a clip of the sketch this morning, but I laughed at the accent. When I heard Palin's speech at the convention, she pronounced "Minnesota" like she was from there, which made me do a total double-take. Every time I hear her speak now, she sounds like she's a midwesterner, which is weird. Do they talk like that up in Alaska, too?

I can't stand Andy Samberg - I don't think he's that funny, and he always looks just so smug.

The opening sketch was brilliant.
Tina Fey had her voice down pat.

Other than that, pretty much on par with the last 4 or 5 years. Hit and miss.

Glad to see Amy still on the show, I thought she was leaving.

Darrell Hammond still needs to go. I am sick the fuck of him.

Bill Hader is great yet criminally underused.
Jason Sudekis is good. Fred Armisen is good. Kristen Wiig is hilarious.
Throw in Amy and that's 5. That's not enough for a solid cast.

The writing is not horrible but outiside of the political sketches, it's not much better than MadTv these days, which is sad. Although it IS better because MadTV has the same problem, hit and miss. It's just, used to be, that show couldn't compete even on SNL's worst days.

I hate when athletes host. Almost all of them suck, like bad. Phelps, sorry dude.
Including one of my favorite athletes of all time, Joe Montana.
Although he did have a funny ass line and if you remember it, you win a cookie.

That's completely dead-on. It's still better off than the show was in the early '80s, however, when it was Eddie Murphy, Joe Piscopo, and that's it.

And oh, you won't disturb me. I'll be in my room masturbating.

I didn't watch much of SNL last night. I just saw the opening, and got bored with everything else and went to bed.

Fey was great as Palin! I loved it when she did her posings as Amy Poehler did Hillary. I also loved Amy as Hillary, she always did that well.

Every for the past few years, I give SNL another try in the hopes that it has improved, and, every year, I'm left disappointed. I DVR'd last night's show and watched it this morning, and, same result, sadly.

Since Ferrell left, I just don't find the show funny. Maybe 1-2 sketches a night make me laugh; that's not enough to justify watching for 90 minutes.

I only saw a clip of the sketch this morning, but I laughed at the accent. When I heard Palin's speech at the convention, she pronounced "Minnesota" like she was from there, which made me do a total double-take. Every time I hear her speak now, she sounds like she's a midwesterner, which is weird. Do they talk like that up in Alaska, too?

:yes:

I keep expecting to hear Palin say, "You betcha!" like the character in Fargo.

My absolute was favorite part was Fred Armisen as Nicholas Fehn during Weekend Update. He hasn't played that character in awhile, but its one of my favorites. I was laughing so hard I was couldn't breathe by the end of it. I turned the channel during Lil Wayne.:lol:/QUOTE]

I cracked up this morning when my sis was telling me about something that happened at work..
"well you know if - I'm not one too - If it was me...blah, blah blah. I finally had to tell her to make her point. Then tried to tell her about the sketch, but it's not the same, had to have been there.:wink:

Yeah Lil Wayne, didn't see that either.

I hope they manage some decent guest hosts and musical guests this season. Next week, Kings of Leon. :doh:

Kings of Leon opened for U2 when we saw them at the United Center in Chicago, 05-09-05. swandiver and I had seats behind the stage, about half-way up. It was so loud, I couldn't even understand what they were saying! We could feel the drums beating in our chests! :yikes:

Saw the opening :up: Fey/Poehler FTW! :D

Apparently I fell asleep after the game show skit (early on) and woke up during the news. And turned it off cuz it didn't seem too funny. :yawn:

Andy Samberg is trash. Complete trash. Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig are huge talents, but I enjoy them more in films.

Kings of Leon next week will be great, though.

Back
Top Bottom