Saturday Night Live (SNL)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the absurdity of it all. I wish they would do more of this type of stuff. "What's up goat" Nice beard. I had a beard like that in [some movie]. Tell you mother I said hello."

Exactly.

We need more "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" or "Toonces: The Driving Cat"-type skits.

And yet far, far less of The Falconer.

Is that skit still on?

And yet far, far less of The Falconer.

Is that skit still on?

Ohhh nooo, DONALD.

The one where all of the different Falconers traveled through time to save Donald and basically every member of the cast was there cracked me up, but apart from that, it's a fairly meh skit... as is Deep-House Dish, or whatever.

I fucking love Kristen Wiig's "Penelope" skits though. There's never enough of those.

The one where all of the different Falconers traveled through time to save Donald and basically every member of the cast was there cracked me up

Oh my god, I LOVE that sketch! It's so bizarre and just keeps getting funnier.

I know not everyone likes it, but I wish they'd bring back the "Couple of Assholes" or whatever it was called, with Wiig and Sudekis. They cracked me up.

Oh my god, I LOVE that sketch! It's so bizarre and just keeps getting funnier.

I know not everyone likes it, but I wish they'd bring back the "Couple of Assholes" or whatever it was called, with Wiig and Sudekis. They cracked me up.

Will Forte's brand of humor is so bizarre and goofy that I can't help but love him. I lose it every time he does the softly spoken senator guy or Zell Miller.

Now that's a funny sketch.

Again, they are incredibly funny people in the cast, but no "big draw" cast member that can carry an entire skit based on pure hilarity, in my opinion. There's no Ferrell, Hartman, Farley, Murphy, or Belushi-type guy to elevate these sketches into something memorable, you know?

Person-by-person, this cast is incredibly solid:

I love Andy Samberg, Bill Hader, Jason Sudeikis, Kristen Wiig, Fred Armisen, Will Forte, Amy Poehler, Kenan Thompson, and Seth Meyers to a certain extent... and they all excel outside of the show, too, in minor roles. Any fan of Samberg and Co. should see Hot Rod... it reminded me of Adam Sandler's goofy older comedies, but less raunchy.

I've never cared for Andy Samberg. It's one of those things I don't have a good reason for, like how I also dislike Owen Wilson. They both always look really smug to me, in that "look how funny/awesome I am" way.

I love Will Forte and Fred Armisen, though. Amy and Kirsten ... their awesomeness goes without saying.

I've never cared for Andy Samberg. It's one of those things I don't have a good reason for, like how I also dislike Owen Wilson. They both always look really smug to me, in that "look how funny/awesome I am" way.

I love Will Forte and Fred Armisen, though. Amy and Kirsten ... their awesomeness goes without saying.

That's fair. I've grown to respect Owen Wilson more after finding out he worked so intensively with Wes Anderson for a bit... and when he plays the right type of cocky, somewhat zany character. I think it's part of both of their schticks though, but that's just me.

Amy and Kristen will go down as two of the best female cast members ever, I'm convinced.

I always thought Anna Gasteyer was very funny, but somewhat out of place. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but she was seemingly, maybe over talented or something. That sketch with the shcweaty balls - she seemed to get the skit much more that...uh...the other one - the more famous one. I dunno, I liked her, but always felt kinda bad for her.

The Culps sketches with her and Ferrell was a perennial favorite of mine.

And of course, she played the mother in one of my favorite Ferrell sketches... the immoral "I drive... I drive... DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!" one.

I always thought Anna Gasteyer was very funny, but somewhat out of place. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but she was seemingly, maybe over talented or something. That sketch with the shcweaty balls - she seemed to get the skit much more that...uh...the other one - the more famous one. I dunno, I liked her, but always felt kinda bad for her.

That sketch made me cry I laughed so hard.

It's definitely not good.

Is this whole thing just a rerun of the election stuff they've already done? i was under the impression it was all going to be a "live" Weekend Update type thing.

Edit: never mind - they're doing the Update stuff now.

Back
Top Bottom