Saturday Night Live (SNL)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if the news has been posted yet.

But FOX has recently cancelled MADtv, SNL's so-called 'rival.'

What do you guys think about that?

I don't know if the news has been posted yet.

But FOX has recently cancelled MADtv, SNL's so-called 'rival.'

What do you guys think about that?

Yeah, heard about that about 3 weeks ago.

The only thing I'll miss from that show is Coach Hines.

There were some funny moments, that's for sure. Amy Poehler opening & on the news! :heart: I was drifting in & out on the couch while it was on. I missed that clip above til just now :lol:

Amy Poehler leaving is sad and i wish she would stay and snl is better than i said it was at the beginning of the year

Last night's show wasn't very good. Most of the skits went nowhere. Even the news sucked except when they had Gov. Patterson wandering around the set. Amy was the funniest one on the show.:wave:

Maybe they DID cancel the wrong show. SNL's been going downhill for a while. They get someone who makes a hit and then that star takes off for bigger and better things. Too bad really.

It was a terrible episode
the writing was awful

Mad TV has been better lately
they may have canceled the wrong show.

They both suck, but MadTV wasn't on for 33 years. SNL probably will never get cancelled. What would NBC put in its place? :doh:

SNL gets really boring then seems to pick up a bit of steam then runs out of steam again then picks itself up and somehow manages to rack up the years on TV. I wonder how much longer it would last? It could really use a good re-vamp. Maybe SNL should merge with MadTV?!:up:

SNL is always on a "downward slope" to some, you know? I think it's fine right now, but that's just me.

A MadTV/SNL merger would be an awful idea.

Blizzard Man... check my style out.

Outside of the first 3 seasons (75-78) and Myers first few seasons (88-92), the show has never been great week in and week out. That's not what they do. 25 episodes with about half of them having shit hosts (and sometimes a lot more than half).

Cast and writing turnovers (sometimes it's a good thing) make the show even less consistent. The only constant about the show is the ever-present yearning for yesteryear.

madTv doesn't really even belong in this conversation.
SNL has more talent in it's 'beleaguered' cast of the moment than MadTv has had in it's entire run.

Back
Top Bottom