Saturday Night Live (SNL)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That whole segment with the map made me laugh a lot - I loved it when he "messed up" all the states.

I kinda love Fred Armisen.

That whole segment with the map made me laugh a lot - I loved it when he "messed up" all the states.

I kinda love Fred Armisen.

I loved that! The part where he made Michigan bounce made me lol more because I live here, and the mitten looked hilarious bouncing along the screen. Fred Armisen is adorably geeky, and he's the brain behind Nicholas Fehn, one of my fav. SNL characters this decade.:heart:

Looking forward to tonight as well! Jon Hamm :flirt:

Oh! Another cast member coming back? :up: Too bad they can't get the guests to stay for the whole show.

Is it just me or are there have been more former cast members than current ones on the show as of late?:lol:

QFT

And when Amy Poehler leaves, there's only one other woman left on the "main" cast, and then one other in the "B" cast, if that's what you want to call it. Are they gonna bring someone in?

Amy Poehler had a baby boy a few hours ago, so she's officially done on SNL. :sad: The sad face is for her no longer being on the show, but I'm really happy for her and her husband, Will.:love: Seth will be doing Weekend Update alone tonight.

Wonder if they had a plan going in in case she went into labor/had the baby. She was probably written into sketches, no?

Maybe she'll come back for one show as a final farewell. She's got to, right? :sad: :pray:

BTW, Congrats to her & Will :up:

Wonder if they had a plan going in in case she went into labor/had the baby. She was probably written into sketches, no?

Maybe she'll come back for one show as a final farewell. She's got to, right? :sad: :pray:

BTW, Congrats to her & Will :up:

only spoiler I'm gonna say... she was in a digital short (cuz they record those early in the week).

I think its's John Slattery(sp?)

Yup it's John Slattery. He and the the woman in the plaid dress were actually in the sketch playing the characters they normally play on "Mad Men". They're both regulars along with Jon Hamm.

Sami, you might recognize him from his role on "Desperate Housewives" as Gabby's husband Victor in Season 3 and part of 4 or as Bill, Carrie's politician boyfriend on 'Where's There Smoke' and 'Politically Erect' the first 2 episodes of Season 3 of SATC.

This might be the best consistently funny SNL I've seen in a long time. :up: I :heart: the Vincent Price sketch. Jon Hamm is doing a great job.

Jon Hamm's John Ham reminded me of a sketch from the late 80s-early 90s second golden era of SNL. Why can't they make these types of sketches consistently anymore?

Yup it's John Slattery. He and the the woman in the plaid dress were actually in the sketch playing the characters they normally play on "Mad Men". They're both regulars along with Jon Hamm.

Sami, you might recognize him from his role on "Desperate Housewives" as Gabby's husband Victor in Season 3 and part of 4 or as Bill, Carrie's politician boyfriend on 'Where's There Smoke' and 'Politically Erect' the first 2 episodes of Season 3 of SATC.

:yes: I recognized him from SATC. I couldn't put my finger on it!

Wow, 3 songs? Isn't it usually only 2? Their performances were fine for the most part but I really cannot stand Chris Martin's hyperactive dancing.

The show was overall not bad I guess. Nicholas Feyn (sp?) cracked me up again!

Ohh and the Mad Men sketch was really funny! Now I'm kinda curious about the show after watching the ads too.

Woah! A 4th song? Shit... they cut to commercials! :mad:

Wow, 3 songs? Isn't it usually only 2? Their performances were fine for the most part but I really cannot stand Chris Martin's hyperactive dancing.

The show was overall not bad I guess. Nicholas Feyn (sp?) cracked me up again!

Maybe with Amy having the baby, they were short a sketch so they had them do a third song. Either that, or they really are U2 now. :wink:

Chris Martin really has a limited range, but he'd sound better if he'd stop moving for a second!

Ohh and the Mad Men sketch was really funny! Now I'm kinda curious about the show after watching the ads too.

Woah! A 4th song? Shit... they cut to commercials! :mad:

sort of reminds me of a certain band 4 yrs ago where the same thing happened... and from what I can tell they were going into Strawberry Swing . I have been corrected.. oops

"Lost!" is my favorite from the new album too.:up: They were awesome as usual, but they really needed to turn Chris' mic up during VLV:huh:

I agree. It was great but the sound wasn't all it should have been. I loved that they ended with Yellow and the "Go Obama" endorsement was a good thing.
Then they pulled a U2 and played another song which played off at the end of the show. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom