Saturday Night Live (SNL)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In defense of the elderly, the few times I saw KOL open for U2 while I was on GA, they sounded fine. The one time I saw them from reserved seating, they hurt my ears.

It was weird.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Andy Samberg.

a6bae07d.jpg

Patti, a bored boss(?) Brian Williams and his wife in the audience last night.

Just watched the opening skit with Tina Fey :lol:

michael phelps is the greatest swimmer in history.

that's all we should take from him hosting SNL.

(though i think i've actually seen worse).

I was saddened to see that my favorite cast member Kristen Wiig got a horrible nose job during the summer. :down:

Maybe it's living in LA where it's everywhere but I'm so tired of the rhinoplasty, the fake boobs, the Botox, and the trout lips. We age, people. It's life and it's a beautiful thing.

Now who's going to do Weekend Update and Hillary? :(

She was awesome. That is a big, big blow.

I though she was the best female cast member since Jan Hooks.
And one of the 3 best ever along with Gilda.

I remember her from Conan when she played Andy Richter's little sister.

I guess she could always go to 30 Rock if all else fails.

Rachel Dratch still on that show?

She hasn't been on for a while now. She was supposed to have Jane Krakowski's role on 30 Rock, but instead they demoted her to be a recurring character. For a while, she popped up in these one-off, oddball roles each week. But that stopped, and I miss her on the show.

(As much as I was pissed that they bumped Dratch for the more "TV-pretty" Krakowski at first, Krakowski is pretty fabulous in the role.)

She hasn't been on for a while now. She was supposed to have Jane Krakowski's role on 30 Rock, but instead they demoted her to be a recurring character. For a while, she popped up in these one-off, oddball roles each week. But that stopped, and I miss her on the show.

(As much as I was pissed that they bumped Dratch for the more "TV-pretty" Krakowski at first, Krakowski is pretty fabulous in the role.)

Indeed.

Sad to see Poehler leave, but she's been on the show for about 7 years and could do very well on her own. I'm excited to see her in this Office spin-off being planned.

Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper on "Mad Men", will be hosting on October 25th with Coldplay as the musical guest. I am so frickin excited for both!:hyper::love:

I would love to see Draper slap the shit out of Chris Martin and make him his new secretary.

One could only hope, I guess.

Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper on "Mad Men", will be hosting on October 25th with Coldplay as the musical guest. I am so frickin excited for both!:hyper::love:

Half of this post is awesome news, the other half is not a surprise but not good news.

Jon Hamm, I'm guessing, will do an amazing job of hosting.

Oh, and the person I'm quoting here.....not a big fan.

I liked the Kings of Leon (like their opening for U2, too)

just a straight ahead guitar band

they project that they enjoy playing (without hopping like a kangaroo, CM :yawn:)

and know how to play their instruments

and that is saying something, these days

:sad:How was the show last night? I missed it.

You didn't miss much.

I can't sit down and watch it anymore. I have it on in the background and check in here and there but it really hasn't been funny in a long time.

I liked the Kings of Leon (like their opening for U2, too)

just a straight ahead guitar band

they project that they enjoy playing (without hopping like a kangaroo, CM :yawn:)

and know how to play their instruments

and that is saying something, these days

I hated them opening for U2 but I did like them last night.

The dude across the street knows those dudes (Kings of Leon) and their parents names. They aren't from Nashville, BTW they were just discovered in Nashville.

Back
Top Bottom