Satoshi Kon 1963-2010 RIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Anime Article Report: Satoshi Kon Dead at Age 47

Satoshi Kon, the visionary director behind perennial Ani.me office watchers like Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, and others has passed away according to a tweet by GAINAX studio staff member Yasuhiro Takeda. This was confirmed by Jim Vowles, who is a member of the Otakorp Board of Directors for the Otakon.

Kon’s brilliant works were a great mix of horror, psychological trauma, gore, and fantastic realism that held a distorted mirror up to the face of modern Japanese society. It has also been implicated that Kon’s Paprika was a primary influence on Christopher Nolan’s recent Inception. He will be sorely missed by the staff here at ani.me and we would like to offer his friends, family, and colleagues our deepest sympathy at this time.

This is just... woah, out of left field. So surprising and sad. I mean, I wasn't nearly as big a fan of his work as a lot of people, including Laz here, but damn, he was still a tremendously talented guy with huge potential. That's just too damn young to go.

Back
Top Bottom