Ryan Gosling' acting skills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acrobat_Al

Acrobat
So, what's up with this guy? Is he the next De Niro, the next Pacino? Or just an average actor with good looks?

I think he deliver some amazing performances in 3 movies: Half Nelson, Drive and Lars and the Real Girl; each one of them should have earn him an Oscar nomination (which he received only for his performance in Half Nelson).

As for his acclaimed La La Land role, I have to say that although I really liked the movie I don't think his performance was stunning, but he owns the screen every time that he's on it, does that makes him a great actor?

So, what do you think?

He's really good at making this face

ryan-gosling-only-god-forgives-style-11-navy-vest.jpg

ryan-gosling-bio.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I really know about him is he didn't want to eat cereal and then he ate cereal. :shrug:

Talented actor with very little range. Will probably never top his performance in the excellent Half Nelson as that was practically made for him. Not deserving at all of a nomination for La La Land.

I gotta check that one out. I think Gosling is a great actor with many good performance left in his film career. He's was good in LaLa Land even if the movie was just okay.

La La Land was fantastic but he was just OK in it. That Oscar nomination was him being brought along for the ride.

I like him though and should definitely see Half Nelson/Lars and the Real Girl.

Back
Top Bottom