Russell Brand Appreciation Thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie

Your dislike of him sounds much milder than my seething hatred.
I too used to share this seething hatred but I've forced myself to downgrade to mere indifference. What can I say? He made me laugh (once) and wears great shirts.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

his hair is crazy

as my dad would say; 'looks like he was dragged through the hedge row backwards'

Old 01-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Love his hair now although when i first saw him with the new hairdo on the Jonathon Ross show, i was like wtf has he done???

It's odd to imagine him without it now, but what you were saying about the phrase 'being dragged through a hedge backwards' Wayne - yep, i'm v familiar with it too!

PG! It's a tour he's doing, since BBBM will be finished on Sunday 'til the normal BB starts in May
Old 01-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #19
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

I can't wait until may, thats months away! There are bits of his tour on youtube.. looks hilarious!
His hair is just so cool though. Whenever I see pictures of him without it I'm always so shocked!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:03 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:12 PM
You'll be watching BB when it comes round then, i take it like the rest of us addicts!!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:34 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by susanp6
the phrase 'being dragged through a hedge backwards' Wayne - yep, i'm v familiar with it too!
same here.

brand is unique anyway, that's for sure
Old 01-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #22
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Susan, ofcourse I'll be watching big brother. Mindless car crash tv at its best

Unique is one word to describe him!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #23
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 04:12 AM
this thread

I've finished his Booky Wook (brilliant read) and enjoyed him on Leno again last night. I'm so glad he's making a name for himself in America (and his Goth Detective pal Noel Fielding is right behind him currently making deals in LA! ) Can't wait for Get Him to the Greek, then hoping RustyRocket will be on to film the next Pirates of the Caribbean film playing Jack Sparrow's long last brother (for a cool $11.5mil).

He's delicious!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #24
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:12 AM
I had no idea who this guy was til last night I saw him on Leno...I thought he was funny!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

I Russell Brand. He's fucking hilarious. I think my av. speaks for itself, but, yeah, Russell, FTW.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Never knew much about him besides the hair, until he came on Leno last fall and absolutely slayed me, talking about his urge to grab the queen's breasts, and his relationship with Jay's mom, good times. Also, how Adam Sandler plucked him 'from fame, for some more fame' to put him in Bedtime Stories.

I hope the rumors of him playing Jack Sparrow's brother in future Pirates sequels is true.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 07:12 AM
This is the first I have heard about him playing Jack Sparrow's brother. He would be fantastic for that role.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:12 AM
Ok, I only saw this guy once in his tv special, but I'm completely sold. He's out of his mind!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #29
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 04:12 AM
He's deliciously flamboyantly out of his mind! I him! There's TONS of videos of him, his radio shows, Viddycasts, old MTV or 1 Leicester Square footage, and shenanigans with his mates splashed about the Internetz that are hysterical! His book if you've not read it will give you insight into his psyche and make you love him. I just hope that all the projects he's got going and his invasion on America in search of fame here won't change him. I do believe his stand up is his best bit. What I most about him is how he adores and looks after his mum. Since turning his life around he's got a solid support group about him including an excellent agent and publicist who are steering him in the right direction, for Superstardom and Beyond!

He's in Vegas filming the sorta sequel to Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Get Him to the Greek which is due out in April 2010; then he's slated to do the remake of Drop Dead Fred, and that Pirate thing is almost signed sealed and delivered (I wonder if his Production company has anything to do with buying the rights to the best seller book Kill Your Friends by Scot author John Niven???!!! ) I wonder when he will have time for more Stand up, like an American Tour?

If you have some time to kill or want some really good Brand laughs, check out The Big Fat Quiz Show (google it on You Tube) which is a UK game show where celebrities compete in answering questions about the year's current events. In 2 season's Russ and Noel Fielding have teamed up to compete and even won once. Hysterical wee your pants good fun!

Russ's tweets are also insane as is his website! If you into him at all it's doesn't take much to get insanely hooked!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:33 AM   #30
45:33

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Been watching his Ponderland show which is showing over here at the moment... and he's pretty fucking funny. Extremely jealous of him, mind you. He gets to make people laugh and sleep with gorgeous girls for a living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirlvox View Post
I don't think russell brand is that much to look at (although I do love his backcombed hair .. ) But he is hilarious - presents a programme called big brothers big mouth. Youtube him, he's worth it
This Big Brother Big Mouth -- I assume it's the same as what we had. Is it the after hours adults only 'chat' show for Big Brother reality show? Because if it is then that's bullshit because our version had a bunch of shit hosts who weren't funny and were actually interested in a bunch of 12 largely uninteresting people picking lint out of the bellybuttons for three months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirlvox View Post
I never liked him, until bob geldof called him a c*** at the nme awards (which I don't think he deserved) and he made such a quick comeback... he won me over, and now I'm a big fan
What did he say?