Royal Wedding -who's watching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
I've not been feeling well lately. Guess I've got Royal Wedding Fever! I'm watching as much of the pre wedding coverage as I can absorb (thanks for DVR) and actually watching the coverage Live on Friday.

Any other Royal Wedding fans out there? Also, who watched Diana & Charles we'd near 30 years ago? (I did!)

Are negative comments allowed? I could make a gigantic list of the things I'd rather do than watch the royal wedding.

Thank god Channel 7 are putting it on 7TWO and playing the football live instead. I'd have burnt down their offices if they'd shown this over the footy.

Sorry, I won't post in here again :wave:

I'm watching-I can't wait to see the dress. Hopefully this marriage will be happy and will last. At least they've known each other for a long time.

I think it must be awful to live in that fishbowl, but hopefully the family has learned a few lessons. And the media. At least Kate seems to have a very protective ally in her husband to be. And he loves her and isn't really in love with someone else.

You know, I probably wouldn't watch it anyway, but that amount of pre-wedding coverage and hype this is getting is fucking ridiculous.

I've been following it all and hope I can manage to actually watch it.

I'm not a big fan of marriage but I do love weddings :slant:

Not to sound horribly cynical, but who cares? :shrug: My brain tunes out after about .02 seconds of any royal wedding coverage.

all normal little girls dreamed of marrying a prince, someday

200px-Wallis_Simpson_-1936.JPG

I'll be watching.:wave:...born in USA with 2 English parents and all English relatives makes it a must see for me:wink:

No, I think it more has to do with being a fan and student of history. And, while there is a lot that strikes me as silly about all the attention, there is a direct line here flowing backwards for centuries and that intrigues me.

And nobody should ever have to keep being a romantic a secret. We need more of it, not less.

I found out about this recently. The bride-to-be is an attractive lady. Good on you, whatever prince you are. Harry? William? Charles? I don't know my British.

And nobody should ever have to keep being a romantic a secret. We need more of it, not less.
wait, are you telling me what the world needs now is love, sweet love? and maybe that it's the only thing there's just too little of?

and ha, a news story about the wedding just came on the tv. they mentioned meredith viera. ew, i don't like her. [/random]

nooooooooo

i'm avoiding it like the plague... not interested at all... in fact, i'm busy with other plans on Friday and won't be near a tv, what a shame! :D

I'll be watching. I'm a sucker for the royal family. :lol: A friend of mine wants us to go to one of the nicer hotels downtown for their high tea thing that they'll be having while showing the wedding. I don't think I want to actually have to get dressed and be around other people in the middle of the night, thank you very much. :huh: :lol: But yes, I'll definitely be watching.

I could not possibly care less on some levels, and yet I'll be watching or at least recording it. I wish I could explain why.

Oh good, it's not just me. I'm a sucker for a big spectacle, especially if it's ceremonial in nature.

I'm just going to let the DVR tape BBC American starting at midnight, and will "watch" on fast-forward when I get home from work to catch highlights and anything that looks remotely interesting.

On PBS a few months ago, I stumbled across QEII's coronation being replayed. It was pretty cool, actually.

I can't fathom spending more than 5 minutes on this so no, I won't be watching.

But I am having a friend in England ship me the most tacky royal couple stuff. I figure it'll be a fun souvenir. And if they divorce in 10 yrs, I'll Ebay it.

I can't fathom spending more than 5 minutes on this so no, I won't be watching.

But I am having a friend in England ship me the most tacky royal couple stuff. I figure it'll be a fun souvenir. And if they divorce in 10 yrs, I'll Ebay it.

I see you are taking my advice

If you invest now
you will get more out of it in 10 years when she is caught shagging her chauffeur.

I ended up at a few random antique shops yesterday, and we saw a few Charles & Diana related trinkets there.

Maybe in 30 years, their wedding paraphernalia will end up in dusty shops of crap, too!

Wasn't there a misprinted souvenir a few months back that had Prince Harry on it instead of William? Ha.

Oh good, it's not just me. I'm a sucker for a big spectacle, especially if it's ceremonial in nature.

I'm just going to let the DVR tape BBC American starting at midnight, and will "watch" on fast-forward when I get home from work to catch highlights and anything that looks remotely interesting.

On PBS a few months ago, I stumbled across QEII's coronation being replayed. It was pretty cool, actually.

Yeah, me too. It's like intellectually I know I shouldn't give a damn, there's far more important things going on in the world - but oooooh look at the dress, and the carriage and all the shiny stuff and the tiaras!

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom