Royal Wedding -who's watching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm watching! i meant to be out doing other stuff but i can't help it lol :D

she looks beautiful! lovely that she went for Sarah Burton (Alexander McQueen)... gorgeous dress...

I've grumbled about the ubiquity of the wedding in the last week or so, but I've had great time watching it on telly with a couple of girlfriends. I think that royalty is kinda bullshit but at the same time I love me some British pomp and ceremony, and though we laughed and jeered at all the posh people (and their occasionally hideous outfits) we all went 'awwww' at the right moments too. It was pretty amazing to watch the police coral all those thousands of people into the square before the Buckingham Palace.

The kiss was a bit of a letdown. I knew they weren't going to crazily make out or anything, but I was hoping for something a little better than a quick peck. :wink:

The whole thing was totally worth getting up at 2:30 in the morning for, though! :love:

She looked beautiful, the perfectly polished bride. I thought the dress might be more fashion forward but considering the circumstances I guess she couldn't do that. The veil and tiara and earrings were gorgeous. Very traditional, very Grace Kelly.

Fergie's daughters outfits were awful :yuck: I know crazy hats are the big thing there but wtf?

beatrice-eugenie-435.jpg

princess-beatrice-435.jpg

I can't believe how many of my friends (in the US) were up in the middle of the night watching it. My Facebook feed is like a royal wedding setlist party.

Dang, that's what DVRs and fast-forward is for.

Even though that first kiss was quick at least we got a second one.. thanks to the crowd for egging them on.. that was cool. :up:

but I got all mushy when he said to her when she approached the alter, "you look beautiful" :cute:

I liked how Harry turned around from the altar to see her, and William wouldn't. It looked like he told William that she or the dress looked absolutely gorgeous.

That Harry seems like a naughty boy :wink: His on/off girlfriend was there but she sat way in the back-so maybe she's off right now.

It's just odd to see no one show emotion on such an emotional occasion.

Indeed, I did not get up early for it (actually overslept past my usual time this morning) so I DVR'd it. Only thing I've caught real time was "the kiss". BTW, I dvr'd both NBC and BBC America, which would be better to watch? :)

BBC America has to be better than NBC or any other American channel. I watched CNN and Piers Morgan was nauseating, the way he was gushing and bragging about the royal family-but he IS British. They were all just tripping all over themselves, and each other, on every channel.

BBC America has to be better than NBC or any other American channel. I watched CNN and Piers Morgan was nauseating, the way he was gushing and bragging about the royal family-but he IS British. They were all just tripping all over themselves, and each other, on every channel.

Well I'm looking for cheesy and cheeky in my coverage. :D

She looked beautiful, the perfectly polished bride. I thought the dress might be more fashion forward but considering the circumstances I guess she couldn't do that. The veil and tiara and earrings were gorgeous. Very traditional, very Grace Kelly.

Fergie's daughters outfits were awful :yuck: I know crazy hats are the big thing there but wtf?

beatrice-eugenie-435.jpg

What the hell.

I liked how Harry turned around from the altar to see her, and William wouldn't. It looked like he told William that she or the dress looked absolutely gorgeous.

That Harry seems like a naughty boy :wink: His on/off girlfriend was there but she sat way in the back-so maybe she's off right now.

It's just odd to see no one show emotion on such an emotional occasion.

it's that stiff upper lip. :wink:

and to me Harry looked a little nervous when he and William walked into Westminster Abbey. His mannerisms reminded me of how my brother is when he is nervous. I think they looked handsome and Catherine (Kate) looked elegant and beautiful. I am not a big wedding person but this might have made me change my tune. Well maybe for a few hours. :wink:

beatrice-eugenie-435.jpg

the one in blue is hot. ish.

I can't believe how simple and small the bouquet was. I loved the trees in the Abbey.

dress2__1304086392_6500.jpg
Oh my god, gorgeous! :love: Lilly of the Valley is my favourite flower. I'm stealing this idea if I'm ever dumb enough to get married.

Yeah like the royal wedding is a common occurance
No, but it was a common occurrence in the media for the past few weeks. :wink:

I watched some highlights on Youtube this morning. I have to say, the moment when the princes arrived at Westminister Abbey was a bit poignant. The last time I recall seeing them there for such a largely viewed event was their mother's funeral.

Back
Top Bottom